Gold offers - beware!

So far I've had good luck with the gold offers watching videos and doing other games on double gold weekends. But in the last week or so I did 3 small offers (2 apps and 1 survey) and neither came through. All have "verifying" status.

Now I filed the reports and sent out the app screensots but this hassle is the last thing I need for like 20 gold. Buyers beware!

Comments

• AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    Yeah, for me it is almost a standard now - every offer that doesn't require just to open app is almost sure that will end in Fyber support :P. But the positive thing is that my Reporst never got rejected. So it's a hassle - but it's not so time consuming, just click report, type some info and reply to email message with screens. Estimating time to resolve the case is ranging from 2 days to 1 week.
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    I've never had a case resolved.. but I'm thankful that the last double gold event I finished the final fantasy thing and got 606 gold
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I totally agree with brew, to have to work THAT hard for 2 or 20 gold just isn't worth it to me. So now I just stick with the ad videos or online mini-games. When they fail, every 10-20 times, I can let it go -- it wasn't a huge commitment on my part or loss of an enormous amount of promised gold...

In my experience, when offers fail to award promised gold rewards automatically, Fyber wants "proof" of compliance, even when their own page reports Pending or even Successful without gold ever being delivered! After submitting many reports of numerous failed offers without satisfaction, I began screenshotting EVERYTHING (even vids!) to prove I'd participated and fully completed their "offers." Even so, less than 50% of my reports were satisfactorily resolved by Fyber itself. For the majority of my failed Fyber experiences, including a few really big ticket items (e.g. playing GoW to a certain level for 500+ gold), it was GLU who eventually gave me the gold (after I submitted my proof to them)! Fyber supposedly investigated, deemed me compliant, and claimed to be issuing the rewards within 72 hours but no gold came from them. It only came from GLU when I followed through there.

A warning about the surveys and slideshows: They often redirect several times, require an active/verifiable email address, and/or require a Share via your social media (even when they neglect to mention such requirements in the blurb on the Offers page). Sharing on FB annoys your friends and leaves you vulnerable to future advert intrusions while providing email puts your info on sales lists that are sold and disseminated far n wide, resulting in tons of random sales spam from which it's difficult to Unsubscribe and, of course, no gold is rewarded (or, the few times gold IS issued from Fyber for original offer, it is far from enough to compensate for the many hassles that follow). So definitely beware of those "offers" -- they're not there for your benefit no matter how badly you need/want the few gold promised!

- SuFe718
  • strawheartstrawheart Registered Users 20 Posts
    Yeah, do so at your own risk. I recommend not even bothering. I have had issues with the last 3 offers I've completed. The first 2 I was able to resolve with Glu but the last one I was basically told that "sorry, our developers say you already received credit!" Like...this game has been super buggy, there are known issues w/ Fyber, and this is the third time in a row I'm experiencing the same problem..but nope, magically this time I was awarded 452 gold with no issues~ Can you tell I'm bitter? haha

Screenshot everything if you're going complete something, though sometimes even that isn't enough. My guess is that if your status is stuck "verifying", you have a chance receiving the credit; however, if it says the status is "completed", too bad you're out of luck.
  • BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    I got a response on all 3 reports that "good news" they will be giving me gold. However, I suspect that I actually received gold only for 2 out of 3. I don't have any proof, unfortunately since I didn't capture the previous balance and the notifications were "swallowed" by a dozen of those annoying duel messages.

Considering time spent, this is absolutely not worth it, so I'll only sign up either for videos or those big offers of 600+ that at leas come through and can make a serious difference. The rest is a joke, especially some offers lately like complete 10 levels for 4 gold. Yeah, right.
  • AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    Hi! Here's my two cents worth on fiber. If you intend to do the offer make sure you know ahead of time what level, etc. You need to get the gold! Then screenshots like crazy, and as soon as I finish the task if I don't have gold in an hour I go to support on fyber and report I have finished, they send auto email and I send them my screenshots! So far 1390 in gold, but I learned the hard way!