Watch ad vid doesn't advance Prep dishes -- & GG fail

This reduce-time feature fails about 30% of the time, particularly with the VIP recipes which take 3+ hours to cook. I've seen other players post about it on this forum so issue isn't unique to me.

We can watch the advert vid but timer doesn't advance the promised ~30minutes. Vids are often offered 3x in a row, no time reduction is ever applied, yet it maxes out our ability to watch ad videos for other things (free gold, supplies, tokens, etc) for a time. This hardly seems fair. When we watch ad vids, we should get the promised benefits.

Also, I've noticed that using a vid to speed up the last portion of prep time means that dish, once completed and collected, will not count towards any "make/collect X prep dishes" group goals! If the video is used at any other time, the prep dish is still counted towards the group goal. But, in my experience, if it is used at the end to finish the dish, the group goal will not credit the dish. Not tragic but very odd! And definitely something GLU should know about (and, hopefully, fix)...

- SuFe718

Comments

• DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    This reduce-time feature fails about 30% of the time, particularly with the VIP recipes which take 3+ hours to cook. I've seen other players post about it on this forum so issue isn't unique to me.

We can watch the advert vid but timer doesn't advance the promised ~30minutes. Vids are often offered 3x in a row, no time reduction is ever applied, yet it maxes out our ability to watch ad videos for other things (free gold, supplies, tokens, etc) for a time. This hardly seems fair. When we watch ad vids, we should get the promised benefits.

Also, I've noticed that using a vid to speed up the last portion of prep time means that dish, once completed and collected, will not count towards any "make/collect X prep dishes" group goals! If the video is used at any other time, the prep dish is still counted towards the group goal. But, in my experience, if it is used at the end to finish the dish, the group goal will not credit the dish. Not tragic but very odd! And definitely something GLU should know about (and, hopefully, fix)...

Thanks for letting me know about this! In regards to it not working 1/3 of the time, are you using wifi or your service provider? :( Sadly, we've been unable to reproduce this when we try it and the more information we get, the better we can pinpoint this issue.

For the video speeding at the end and not making progress towards your group goals, that is very odd. I'll pass this along to the team!
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Yes, Mike, it happens -- the failing, that is -- when I'm on my home WiFi (FiOS) network, which is the strongest, most reliable connection I ever play upon. I submitted results of a recent speedtest to your tech team, in relation to another matter, and they confirmed it met/exceeded reccs. That said, it has also occurred on my mobile network and a number of guest and public WiFi networks around several major cities (Starbucks' and hotel premium offerings included). It's an equal-opportunity failure!

This development is a new issue while my iPhone use behavior, device/config, capacity (overall/fullness/availability), etc have not changed since the problematic update. This, for me, points to something in that update itself.

Regarding speed-ups at end of cooking process preventing dish from counting towards Prep Dish group goals: You're telling me! Such bizarre bugs certainly keep gameplay interesting (although it has cost me gold more than once to finish a different dish in time in order to comply within allotted time)!

- SuFe718
  • AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    (...) In regards to it not working 1/3 of the time, are you using wifi or your service provider? :( (...)

DashingMike, from what I know and experienced that has nothing (or almost nothing) to do with stable connection. Whenever I'm on WiFi or cellular connection - sometimes I have symptoms like: no active group goal progress displayed on the bottom of the screen, no connection to social hub and duels (Gordon asks about the name) and no active events. This is fixed only be restarting the game until event info popups.

And when event is not active - that's when such issues happen.
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    It happens regularly to me that a video is watched but the time does not change. It's been pretty much a lottery. The same with video for gold. This has been reported many times in the forum, this is just one example: https://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?251754-No-free-gold

So far it has not happened yet that I watch the video and then pick the dish and that does not count. However, it happened once that even without video collecting the dish did not update the goal. I believe it's part of the overall problem with the group goals. It improved a bit lately but still few times I had a goal and did the action but it did not register.

I did not notice any pattern when it happens but certainly wifi is quite strong on my side.
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Thanks for the updates everyone. Sorry to hear that these are failing for you guys. I've passed this along to the team for them to take a look. Hopefully the next version will be better for video ads.
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Thanks for passing this issue along to the team, DashingMike. Fingers crossed that it'll be resolved with the next update! :)

Sorry if I'm flogging a dead horse here but I did want to post about a new layer to the problem that I had not experienced before, something which seems to indicate a change has been made, although not one for the better.

The high percentage of recipes not being sped up remains a problem -- some ads in the rotation seem to consistently fail while others are fine, yet still others behave differently with each screening (and, as Bunny Ranch noted upthread, it's generally the very same problematic ads which fail to drop gold for that bonus option).

But I am now not ONLY hitting a saturation/time-out limit when watching vids to speed recipes -- whether or not they actually do so. Reaching that limit is pretty frustrating when several ads have been watched but no speeding-up has occurred, but at least this block seems to expire after a period of time and game activity has elapsed. However now, over the past 2 weeks, I've been encountering a grey bar, indicating the speed up option has been completely disabled (unless gold be spent)!

I would definitely understand this if the allotted number of ads to watch -successfully- shortened recipe prep time (or dropped 1 gold bar each or whatever) but when such a high percentage still fail to award the promised bonus, being fettered by a hard limit is a bit tougher to accept!

Would the game devs and/or suits consider lifting this dead end limit until the advert issue is resolved to successfully grant the promised bonuses 90% (dare I ask for 100%, lol) of the time?

Thanks again for checking in here at the forum. It's great to know our voices are being heard!

-SuFe2

- SuFe718
  • saunderdsaunderd Registered Users 10 Posts
    I am also so very fed up with watching vids and not getting the 'speed up' reward - it's only ever the speed ups for me, I always get the other rewards.

I have 3 different ways to connect, 2 wifi options and 1 connected via my phone - all plenty strong enough and I can stream tv on them

I tend to find it's usually in the evenings my time (I'm in Spain) so perhaps high traffic on the game or something? I can't think of an instance where it has happened say in the morning or early afternoon

I do enjoy this game a lot but seriously frustrating :mad: