PP scores over 2k?!?

Recently I've had (well, er, lost) several duels in PP with Chefs de Partie who've scored over 2k! I've never seen scores that high before in that venue, usually ~17-18k has seemed to be the high mark. They were using the same 3 boosts as I was (feet/rush/spoon). Big kudos to them, that's really impressive! I can break 2k in other venues but have so far never come close in PP with any combo of boosts.

It just got me thinking: What kind of high scores are you guys getting, and seeing, in that venue?

- SuFe718

Comments

• LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    This depresses me a little. My highest score in PP is 726 using two boosts. I Don't think I want to purchase the upgrades to compete at that level. Yikes.

Do you have everything at 100%?
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Not quite. Food, I always upgrade to 100%. In PP my appliances are 96 and decor is 88.

I do always upgrade everything which boosts coins, like tips, but don't fully upgrade drink/dessert dispensers unless there's a coin increase attached. If it's just a speed boost, I usually only go halfway. I upgrade counter/eat speed halfway or fully, as needed to earn the gold rank and upgrade the patience categories only partially -- unless I need extra customers for gold ranking (but I've only done that in desperation when, during a free happy hour using 3 boosts, I wasn't earning enough coins but I think they changed something a few updates ago because earning coins for gold rank has not seemed as difficult as it used to be).

And, because I do duel regularly (not as much as many but a good amount), I open the third boost slots. Most of those were opened when they were free or on sale but I did pay full price for a few. I don't know if FudgeDuff/EdgDif still plays but he had a great idea of a no-boost sabotage. I love that idea!

- SuFe718
    PS- As I understand it, only speed and coin upgrades (equipment/food/tips) carry through to duels anyway. Most of the decor upgrades, like patience, do not affect duel customers. Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong! This is what I was told here on this forum and it's the assumption I've been working under for about the past year!

- SuFe718
    Customers in the green tip more for sure. My sense is that patience does carry over. I had to upgrade my carpet and chairs in Delish & Chips because they kept leaving in a huff. Now, they stay in their chairs, even with Impatient Customers sabotage. I will try to REALLY notice from now on.
    Interesting! As I said, I generally do upgrade patience at least halfway so no one gets steamed or leaves in a huff anymore. I only notice patience being an issue during duels when that's the sabotage but if you still have venues to open/upgrade that'd be an interesting test.

NOTE about my earlier post, I mistyped -- I know EdgDlf still plays, he's my friend and is an awesome player, usually among the global Top 10-20 every week (blows my mind)! I just don't know if he still visits this forum. I haven't seen him post in a long time.

- SuFe718
    Working on D&C right now. Will do a few trials and get back to you.
    Great, keep me posted on what you discover. :)

PS: Sorry, LadyInDenim, I do see your request but my friends list is full at the max of 40 right now. I'll def keep you in mind if anyone drops off.

- SuFe718
    Service speed and food quality being equal, the addition of patience enhancing decor did nothing.
    Thanks for confirming that. It's interesting and good to know!

- SuFe718
  • ChefboirdeeChefboirdee Registered Users 13 Posts
    Easiest way to get over 2000 is Fast Feet, Rush Hour, and Cheers! Chef Arena is a blast this way! :)