Chef duel ticket color...?

When battling another chef in a Quick Duel, whether you win or lose, you get a ticket. When you lose, it’s a grey ticket, but when you win... what determines whether you’ll get a grey ticket, blue, magenta or gold ticket?

I haven’t been able to see a pattern, from whether I duel with recipe-helpers or without, the venue for battle, the opppnent I’m up against, the winning and losing scores or anything else that would help. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

Saffyr

Comments

• saffyrsaffyr Registered Users 26 Posts
    Or, more specifically, as I’m looking to earn blue tickets, any known ways (outside of the tasks list) to earn or win blue tickets? If you’ve bought the box of tickets reward, do you usually get blue tickets in there? They’re the key to buying gold on the duel rewards store and I really need gold. 

So hey, any good ways to increase gold getting via the game?

Thanks!
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I get most of my gold from playing Group Goals in the Social Hub.
    edited October 2017
    I do get a fair amount of gold from there, and some comes from the daily goals, once in a while someone drops gold in service and the wishelin inspector usually drops some gold (assuming I can ever get my schedule to align with his visit) but as I like to leverage all opportunities I can to get gold, knowing I can get 3 “buckets” of gold with 5 coins in each from the chef duel rewards area, once per week, for 3 or 5 blue tickets and some amount of grey tickets each (I can’t remember the exact amount), since I’m playing the game anyways, I thought maybe people had noticed elements of play that tend to result in blue tickets. As it usually turns out, since I do play quite a bit, I’m able to secure enough blue tickets in time for each new week. I do love the group goals. Best addition I’ve seen to a game like this in a long time. ?
  • ElloHElloH Registered Users 19 Posts
    As far as I know,the rewards for playing a duel against another chef are totally random.You might have won against a high ranked chef but still gain only a grey ticket.
    However,I have noticed that every time I lost a duel I gained only the grey one.
    Only wins would lead to blue tickets.

I have tried to buy the box of tickets in the duel showcase prize before and I remember having obtained the pink tickets.I don't know if it resulted in blue ones for others,so you might try your luck if you have too many grey tickets.

Ifyou play in the Chef Arena,winning against bosses will grant you several rewards including blue tickets and gold.You might have a chance of obtaining them in mystery box as well.

Group goals in the social hub as well could help you in increasing your amount of gold and blue tickets.
    10 hearts-serve 3 VIPs-You get 1gold
    20 hearts-serve 6 VIPs-You get 3 gold
    2 gol-serve 10 VIPS-You get 6 gold

10 hearts-Use 2 boosts in a specific venue-You get 1 grey ticket
    20 hearts-Use 4 boosts in a specific venue-You get 1 blue ticket
    2 gold-Use boosts 12 times in duels-You get a ticket box which might either grant you blue,pink or gold ticket.

Another way would be by completing challenges venue-wise which offer blue tickets or gold.
    If you complete all your daily challenges,you are sure to obtain 3 gold per day.

If you are lucky to be in a region where many ads are offered,you could watch videos to get free gold.

Finally,the weekly rewards at the end of the week for achieving a certain chef rank in the chef duels will grant you gold and tickets.

I hope this will be helpful :)
  • Honeypie4321Honeypie4321 Registered Users 54 Posts
    All seems random to me too! I can't figure it out!
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    EllioH's answer is most informative.
    I'd just like to add two things: First, as she mentioned, the weekly rankings grant gold and tickets as prizes at Sunday's reset. Blue tickets are given up until the Chef de Partie rank (6 blues tickets for that, 5 for Swing Cook, and so on down to Apprentice). Saucier rank and higher get gold tickets instead of blue. Everyone (except Student rank iirc) also rcvs some pink (grey, for lower ranks) tickets and gold bars. So if you're trying to amass blue tickets, you may wish to limit yourself no higher than the ranks of Swing Cook or Chef de Partie for a while. 

Second, when buying the ticket boxes from the store, I've ALWAYS been disappointed (by either only pink or grey tickets) but I recently completed 3 GGs with ticket boxes as prizes and rcvd 3 blue tickets twice and 2 gold tickets once! Not sure why there would be a difference between the two boxes (or if there even IS a difference outside of my own experience) but it's interesting to note. I was completely thumbs down on the ticket box goals until I tried a few and had such different (from my showcase store) -- and positive -- experiences. 

Hope that helps. Good luck! :)

- SuFe2

- SuFe718
    Very nice analysis on the types of chef levels and potential rewards. I really appreciate it and will keep an eye open (well, both, really) as I play for those elements. Thanks!
  • pkayceepkaycee Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello saffyr!
    I'm new to the forum and just now stumbled across your post. If you're looking for blue tickets, you might try buying the Ticket Prize Box in the Hearts Rewards. It costs 450 hearts; but the last two times I bought it, I got 5 blue tickets each time. :)
  • ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    I'm also always on the hunt for blue tickets for those tasty gold pots!
    I've noticed that when I win a duel, and the loser used boosts, I get more duel points and more often blue tickets. (Especially if they are a high level) When I win a duel with someone that uses no boosts I get minimal points and always gray tickets. Same goes for forfeits, standard 3 points.