Options

VIP Subscription Question

Hey all - new to the discussion board! When you purchase a VIP subscription (ie. Gourmet Subscription: 125 Gold, Exclusive Monthly Avatar Item for $9.99), does it mean you have to pay this amount every month to continue the subscription? Or is it a one-time payment with continuing perks after the single purchase?

Comments

• Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    It has been so long since I began playing, I don't remember all the offers but if you are fairly new to the game and are talking about the thing that unlocks ad-free play, it's a one-time charge. I don't recall it being called that though so maybe you're referring to something else? 

- SuFe718
  • Options
    neothechefneothechef Registered Users 4 Posts

It has been so long since I began playing, I don't remember all the offers but if you are fairly new to the game and are talking about the thing that unlocks ad-free play, it's a one-time charge. I don't recall it being called that though so maybe you're referring to something else? 

The pop-up screen where you can purchase coins, gold, tickets, etc - it's the second tab down on the left with a calendar. I'm wondering if those are purchases that require paying every month to receive subscription perks, or if it's a one-time payment to receive continued monthly perks.
  • Options
    Oh, I guess maybe that's new? I've never seen it before!

But, lol, from the looks of it, and knowing the ferocious drive of game companies to make profit, I suspect that's a monthly charge (hence the word "subscription "). Many people buy gold/coins monthly so this would be a way for them to get extra, presumably unique, perks on money they figure they'll probably spend anyway -- while GLU ensures that they DO spend that coin monthly! Smart.

I do buy gold although not monthly so I doubt I'll join up. But I really wonder what's in those boxes...

- SuFe718
  • Options
    LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I subscribed.  There are boosts, coins, gold, and tickets in the boxes. 
  • Options
    Hmmm, well maybe I WILL switch up from spending a lot a few times a year to spending less every month. Works out to about the same and those bonuses sound pretty tempting!

Were those extras in the Gourmet level or the VIP level box, LiD?

- SuFe718
  • Options
    VIP.  My exclusive avatar items were a baseball shirt and a huge jack-o-lantern head.
  • Options
    Aw, I got all excited but it must be an android-only thing. There are no such offers on iOS; I just have the other 4 tabs; no special offers tab exists for me.  ?

Too bad bc I kinda love that baseball shirt! 12 months of exclusives like that would totally be worth committing to a year (or even just 6 months) of boxes!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Iveyamy19Iveyamy19 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Yes you pay monthly 
  • Options
    But the definitive answer from support is that it is currently only available on android devices. We iOS users are outta luck ?

- SuFe718
  • Options
    I cancelled my subscription.  And my exclusive avatar items disappeared off my back!  Wow.  Apparently, you only rent them, like tuxedos. 
  • Options
    That's ridiculous! You bought the box for the month you did, you should own the items! Did the tickets and gold disappear too? Either way, I'd contact support! That's horrible customer service policy.  

- SuFe718