Unable to duel friends

For the last 2-3 days I haven't been able to start duels with my friends (except for two of them, which is weird)
I know the game makes us wait 24 hours for the other players to forfeit before I can duel them again, but it's been days! 
Anyone else having this problem?
I don't have the duel arena open and I don't like to initiate random duels, so if I can't duel my friends I'm going to miss out on a lot of game play.
I am still able to duel back random players that start duels with me, but most of the time I get duels from level 80+ and I prefer to forfeit.
Why is this game SO glitchy! :/

Comments

• DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Sorry to hear that! When you try to duel your friends, do you not get the popup to use a chef duel token?
  • ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    edited April 2018
    Update on this, it's still happening lol. 
    Sorry to hear that! When you try to duel your friends, do you not get the popup to use a chef duel token?
    No, it just says I am unable to duel them at this time.
    I initiate 2 duels every day with each of my friends (because that seems to be the limit) Sun-Wed this isn't a problem. Until Thursday, that's when I get the "unable to duel at this time" message and it usually stays that way so I am unable to duel again until stats reset on Sunday.  :s
    I created this thread back in December and it's still happening... @DashingMike Any help?

• SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Since it occurs after 4 days, clears after Sunday's reset, and you say you challenge all your friends twice daily, maybe there is also a limit on number of friend duels one can initiate per week? I'm just spitballing based on your description. I don't really know because I'm the opposite, I actually try to make it a point to not duel active friends/former friends. I used to, when the Hub was new, but then decided to change my policy -- friends get benefits, lol. 

- SuFe718
    Since it occurs after 4 days, clears after Sunday's reset, and you say you challenge all your friends twice daily, maybe there is also a limit on number of friend duels one can initiate per week? I'm just spitballing based on your description. I don't really know because I'm the opposite, I actually try to make it a point to not duel active friends/former friends. I used to, when the Hub was new, but then decided to change my policy -- friends get benefits, lol. 

I was thinking the same thing, but Customer Care didn't mention anything about a limit when they responded to me.. and you'd think they would know, and pass that info along to me lol.
    When my friends respond to duels, I'm able to initiate more with them (up to the 2 active) so I've got 1 or 2 friends that I can duel after Wednesday if they come online. But all the duels that were forfeited yesterday, I'm still unable to initiate new ones with.
    Maybe the forfeiture has something to do with it? Have they been online and just not responded to your challenge or are they inactive players? Again, I'm just trying to think of reasons why it might happen with some of your friends but not others. If you can discern a pattern, you can probably figure out a workaround. 

And, yes, you'd -think- CS could answer questions like these but, in my experience, they're trained about basic problems not the unusual ones. At least first tier of in-game CSRs -- more than once I've gotten different answers from multiple ppl to the same question -- so you could try to get your ticket escalated to a supervisor. They're generally better with the strange stuff. But, again in my experience, something that affects only one user (or that only one/a few users are experiencing) is of pretty low priority to them. Bigger fish to fry and all....

- SuFe718
    Yeah the friends that respond, win or lose I'm able to start more duels with afterwards. The ones that forfeit, I'm unable to start new duels with. It doesn't matter if they're been online that day or offline for weeks.
    Thats a really great idea about escelating my ticket to a supervisor, especially after what happened yesterday. Do I just ask them to pass me up the ladder when they respond?
    Yesterday the agent told me to resinstall, and I ended up losing my progress back to like April 2nd or something, so I sent in a novel asking to 1. Get my progress back to where it was and 2. To address the issues I originally complained about (that the reinstall did nothing to fix)
    :( I'm hoping to have this sorted out by stats reset Sunday but idk, 3-5 days per ticket is a really long time, especially when waiting to regain lost progress
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, just ask to be escalated. Hopefully they'll honor your request. Sometimes they escalate the ticket themselves if they've given several suggestions which don't solve the problem but if they haven't offered that, ask for it. Especially given that you've lost progress!

No, never delete/reinstall (even w FB linked) unless a CS will manually hold your game data for you on their HD just in case. Even GRD CS told me that (back when they were more helpful)! They've made a backup for me before, they offered first which is how I learned it could be done, and it was a supervisor (luckily my reinstall didn't lose progress but I definitely felt safer knowing there was a backup handy). I guess you could backup your game data first on HD or cloud yourself but having them do it is safer since they'd be involved in any troubleshooting anyway. 

EDIT: You could try tagging DashingMike again. He's really helpful when he's available. Or you could ask CS to forward your in-game ticket to him in your next reply to the conversation there. 

- SuFe718
    I assumed they had it backed up to the time they sent me the message telling me to reinstall, I should have known better but he assured me my progress would not be lost.  
    Reinstalling was the last option for me to try to get around the groups goals/duelling issues, he first gave me a bunch of waffle about "Due to some temporary issue caused by the game and the device or due to the network connectivity issue between the game and the network connection/low storage space available" 
    Which to me means he had no clue lol.
    Then he suggested I close all applications before launching, turn WiFi on and off and refresh the goals page multiple times.... So again, I think that agent had no clue and was just guessing, with disastrous results. 
    I'd already done all of that, plus powering off my device and logging in and out of Facebook multiple times, and even after the reinstall both the issues I complained about persist lol.
    Why me :)