Options

Duels reset

So duels reset weekly, I notice that when I finish at 1600, my points will be reset to 1300. If finish 1700, will it be reset to 1400? I've noticed some people are reaching 1800 on duels lately (shoutout to Nishun and Bianda, whoever you are in real life), and I wondered if it gives them an edge every reset since?

Comments

• Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I'm really curious about this too. No FAQ about it. Anyone have an answer? I'm assuming you get knocked down to the lowest level of the icon group (colored logo along left of list) at reset but cannot get confirmation from CS.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    I finished last week at a little over 1700 and started at 1350 this week if I remember right. It might have been 1300, but certainly wasn't 1400. They seem to change things around a lot with these duels though.
  • Options
    Yikes! That's bad news!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    MaryeMarye Registered Users 13 Posts
    I've noticed that too, and that means pretty much every week the same people are in the top... Also, a month ago, MAYBE 20 people were over 1600 and in the chef ty**** level, but now the last few weeks I see like 100 over 1600 so they are chef celebrities, except the top 20... It's getting more competitive!
    Though I get confused over how those few people always in the top (nishun, yaybzy, Bianda, egdif, etc) can get such extreme high scores and wins using the same boosts I do... And I'm not slow.. I do wonder if there's cheats I'm missing lol
  • Options
    Unfortunately, there are always cheats n hacks in games but I'm sure most of the consistently top players are genuine. I suspect it is linked to Boss Duels in Chef Arena, not just speed/upgrade/boosts in P2P Duels. I don't think everyone slides down to Swing Cook at reset, there must be some metric we're missing. I just wish they would provide the information!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    fudgedufffudgeduff Registered Users 25 Posts
    Marye wrote: »
    I've noticed that too, and that means pretty much every week the same people are in the top... Also, a month ago, MAYBE 20 people were over 1600 and in the chef ty**** level, but now the last few weeks I see like 100 over 1600 so they are chef celebrities, except the top 20... It's getting more competitive!
    Though I get confused over how those few people always in the top (nishun, yaybzy, Bianda, egdif, etc) can get such extreme high scores and wins using the same boosts I do... And I'm not slow.. I do wonder if there's cheats I'm missing lol

As the game has gone on, more people have fully upgraded their kitchen and now keen to duel. They have also revised the point system so that you win a lot more points when you beat someone higher ranked than you. In the past the maximum you could win from beating higher ranked players was capped at 8 but now it is as high as 16-20. It was a lot more difficult to hit 1600+ when your average win back when the game started was 3-4 points.

As for high scores, my tip for you is to just have a think of the strategies that you use and how you can optimise your scoring. Try to do things a bit differently. Remember that chef duels are very different from story mode so you should approach it differently. Play around with the boosts combinations until you find the optimum combination that works for you. Sadly chef duels has just degenerated into VIP boosts since they are so massively overpowered. I wish that one of the pranks the developers would introduce is no VIP boosts... this would return duels to its purest form.

fudgeduff aka EgDiF
  • Options
    Thanks for that great advice, fudgeduff (& congrats on your amazing stats!), very helpful. I agree, a "no boost" Prank wb cool.

Can you shed any light on the reset issue? Have you figured out how they calculate how far back one slides?

SuFe

- SuFe718
  • Options
    doantuankhoidoantuankhoi Registered Users 211 Posts
    From my experience, if your rating was X in last week and above 1000, it's going to be rounded down to the nearest hundred (let's call it Y), and your following week's rating is calculated as (Y-1000)/2 + 1000. I've never got a rating below 1000 so I don't know how it's calculated then :D
    Btw, the best way to balance Chef Duels in my opinion is to exclude coins earned from the boost's dish from the total points to compete (especially the Auto Chef boost that gives 100 coins when served ._.) to be fair to other players :D
    Join our fan-made Facebook group to discuss Diner DASH Adventures: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310392116445016/
     Join our fan-created Reddit to comment on my videos since my channel is set for kids so users cannot post comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/DinerDASHAdventures
    Join GoldenBear's Discord server for the game: https://discord.gg/sywfX9Z
  • Options
    fudgedufffudgeduff Registered Users 25 Posts
    As doantuankhoi mentions above, the formula he has stated explains how much you will start the week as, but it is capped at 1300 I think. From my experience every week at the reset I drop back down to 1300 if you finish the week at 1600. I've never restarted at 1350 even if I finished the week at 1700+ but I am not sure if this is platform (iOS/ Android) dependent.

I do think that the boost dishes do balance themselves out assuming that you have Auto Chef for all your levels (which I'm sure most players in the top 100 do) because it essentially means you are starting the round with one less beneficial effect (e.g. Fast feet, auto season, auto cook etc.) While the 100 coin boost is massive, it is only useful on certain stages you duel on since you could generate more money with other boosts by virtue of being able to serve more customers (assuming you are extremely quick).
  • Options
    doantuankhoidoantuankhoi Registered Users 211 Posts
    fudgeduff wrote: »
    As doantuankhoi mentions above, the formula he has stated explains how much you will start the week as, but it is capped at 1300 I think. From my experience every week at the reset I drop back down to 1300 if you finish the week at 1600. I've never restarted at 1350 even if I finished the week at 1700+ but I am not sure if this is platform (iOS/ Android) dependent.

I do think that the boost dishes do balance themselves out assuming that you have Auto Chef for all your levels (which I'm sure most players in the top 100 do) because it essentially means you are starting the round with one less beneficial effect (e.g. Fast feet, auto season, auto cook etc.) While the 100 coin boost is massive, it is only useful on certain stages you duel on since you could generate more money with other boosts by virtue of being able to serve more customers (assuming you are extremely quick).
    Actually the boost can be extremely useful to use in pretty much every venue except for BBB and Ultime, which when using both the "perfect" booth for cooking and seasoning earns more than the 100 coin boost itself :D The other venues only requires Fast Feet and maybe one of the "perfect" boost which leaves an open spot for the Auto Chef boost :D
    Join our fan-made Facebook group to discuss Diner DASH Adventures: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310392116445016/
     Join our fan-created Reddit to comment on my videos since my channel is set for kids so users cannot post comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/DinerDASHAdventures
    Join GoldenBear's Discord server for the game: https://discord.gg/sywfX9Z
  • Options
    Thanks so much! Fantastic info.

I've only been playing for a few weeks. This is the first week I earned over 1500 points so I am improving (was actually ranked 102 last night but this morning I'm 120). Am dismayed that I'll drop back down so far at reset but therein lies the dueling game -- c'est la guerre! I'm really impressed by the skills of you players who consistently make top 20! Someday, hopefully soon, I'll make and hold top 100 thru a reset. :)

SuFe

- SuFe718
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    Isn't that disconcerting!? I'm never going to make it to Chef de Partie at this rate!!! Every Sunday when duel status resets it knocks me back so far down! Less then 10 points away from chef de parties and I'm knocked down to apprentice or at the best top of junior cook status!! Why, why, why Gordon Ramsey Dash are we penalized so horribly!!!!!????
  • Options
    SlyostSlyost Registered Users 8 Posts
    Does anyone know why we lose rank at all? It is kind of ****py. I don't get it.
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Slyost wrote: »
    Does anyone know why we lose rank at all? It is kind of ****py. I don't get it.

Then everybody will eventually stop playing. The whole point of knocking you down is so that you keep playing to get back up
  • Options
    SlyostSlyost Registered Users 8 Posts
    broilmebk wrote: »
    Then everybody will eventually stop playing. The whole point of knocking you down is so that you keep playing to get back up

Thanks for your response! OK, well, that makes sense. Everyone likes a challenge. I would prefer to not get knocked down so low. Shrug.