Options

Shortage of prep items?

Why all of a sudden is it impossible to find important ingredients (garlic, tomatoes, etc) for sale when you need them?

I know I am spending at least $100 a month on this game and I am sure tons of others are, too. Why can't all these bugs get fixed?

I guarantee that if they don't get fixed before someone else develops a comarable game, you will lose a lot of players

Comments

• Options
    jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    Why all of a sudden is it impossible to find important ingredients (garlic, tomatoes, etc) for sale when you need them? I know I am spending at least $100 a month on this game and I am sure tons of others are, too. Why can't all these bugs get fixed? I guarantee that if they don't get fixed before someone else develops a comarable game, you will lose a lot of players
    It's been this way since the last update. When you buy the stock ingredients (which are also more expensive now) they do not repopulate. I have waited more than 10 hours several occasions but I am also offline for the majority of the day. On the weekends I have still had to wait at least 3 hours to buy the stock ingredients again. If there aren't any other players selling those ingredients, or you're offline like I am, you can't prep the more useful dishes.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Yes, it's been an issue since the recent update. I agree, it is a seriously annoying problem.

Given how quickly they released Ultime after Prato Toscano, hopefully it'll be resolved soon, along with the other bugs (plus, we'll probably get a new venue, yay).

There really is no comparable game -- I mean, there are tons of cooking games, including several others in the DASH franchise, but Gordon Ramsay's participation makes this one unique...and hilarious, imo!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    SpcialJoySpcialJoy Registered Users 90 Posts
    I haven't had any trouble finding the ingredients I want to buy. I just realized that from the prep kitchen, let's say you're looking at Seasoning Spoon and need carrots, you can tap on the picture of carrots in the recipe and it will take you to carrots for sale in the market! I didn't know you could do that. Sounds like y'all might be experiencing a weird bug though. Hope it gets resolved soon!
    iPhone user
  • Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    It's a bit frustrating sometimes, but yes, click the ingredient and it will take you to it. The most frustrating part is when you need 1 or 2 of something, and the only person selling has 8, and it seems sometimes you won't see anything but that for a while.. I just keep going out of the market and back in , or go to sell page and back, and have never waited more than a few minutes to get what I need.
  • Options
    I've never had to wait more than half an hour or so but, yeah, pretty weird when NO tomatoes or garlic are available, or, as brew mentioned, they're being sold in massive quantities.

I don't even get how/why ppl do that -- the abso max pantry, as I understand it, is 55 items. Why would anyone buy 47 carrots?? So why would anyone sell that many at once? I must be missing something...

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Agreed. That doesn't make any sense.
    iPhone user
  • Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    I still think people are rooting their phones!
  • Options
    SleberhartSleberhart Registered Users 13 Posts
    I don't understand how people can sell 100 of an item for way over the max limit you are allowed to sell it for. Takes up selling space.
  • Options
    SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    The issue us getting worse for me. I was able to refresh and reload the game and after multiple tries get the items I needed for the recipes. Now I can't even connect most times and there have been no garlic or tomatoes at all today.
  • Options
    IKR? Why does the game allow a quantity to be sold which cannot even be bought as it exceeds the firm max 55 item storage limit?!? As you mentioned, it's a waste of selling space.

The flaws in the whole market system (increasingly protracted shortages, allowing unbuyable quantities to be listed, etc.) are an abysmal failure of game.

As I wrote above, I don't understand why ppl would sell 47 carrots (an unusual quantity I've now seen more than once) -- who would buy that many, even though they'd at least FIT, when other ingredients are required to make anything? Flinger is the only single-ingredient recipe and that requires, what, just one tomato?!

And those larger quantities you mentioned, we've all seen them: How are those sellers able to amass such numbers in the first place, given 55 item limit? I know that during the ingredient drop special events, the 55 limit was modified to accept more ingredients (when dropped as bonuses,' couldn't be bought in market) but that is a unique specific situation.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    I had this problem for the first time yesterday! I wonder if the servers are struggling, maybe more players playing?
    iPhone user
  • Options
    Lynn6845Lynn6845 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I still think people are rooting their phones!

What does rooting their phones mean?
  • Options
    UniquepanUniquepan Registered Users 3 Posts
    What I think is strange is the person selling 1600 carrots! How, why? Just very strange.
  • Options
    gNarNargNarNar Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    SpcialJoy wrote: »
    I had this problem for the first time yesterday! I wonder if the servers are struggling, maybe more players playing?

It means they, pretty much, are hacking the game.