Options

Outfit sets?

Hi, and thanks for stopping by this thread! I just had a question about some of the outfit set abilities in the game.

For the PP Wishelin Set and the LL Wishelin Set, which apparently attract Melon Beardsburg and Mandy Warlowe, respectively, does this basically mean that purchasing these sets makes the recipes for these VIP Guests useless? If you wear the LL Wishelin Set, does Mandy Warlowe always come to the restaurant, even in Chef Duels?

I was curious because I was thinking about buying the LL Wishelin Set, but didn't want to waste the Gold if it only attracted the VIP once or something like that. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Comments

• Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    Not that I've noticed, I have BB and PP sets, and they won't come even when I'm wearing them unless I've prepped and selected their recipes.
  • Options
    and just to be sure, I played level 10 season 6 with full PP outfit and didn't see a VIP once. I guess it's just for the wishelin star and to get a couple of pre-prepped recipes
  • Options
    ChimneyChimney Registered Users 7 Posts
    Agree w brew, you just get the initial reward. Nothing else after that.
  • Options
    PashtaPashta Registered Users 15 Posts
    The description plainly says that it attracts those VIPs, so why would it not? They need to fix the description if it doesn't work as it says it should. I'm glad I saw this post.
  • Options
    KALKAL Registered Users 27 Posts
    They should come regardless of what you are wearing. Generally within the first 3 customers they should appear.
  • Options
    PashtaPashta Registered Users 15 Posts
    You must not understand the question, because we're talking about the OUTFITS that supposedly attract VIPs, not using the VIP food to attract them...
  • Options
    Pashta wrote: »
    You must not understand the question, because we're talking about the OUTFITS that supposedly attract VIPs, not using the VIP food to attract them...

I have every complete outfit for every restaurant venue, the VIP will arrive regardless of what you are wearing
  • Options
    KiyueKiyue Registered Users 5 Posts
    KAL wrote: »
    I have every complete outfit for every restaurant venue, the VIP will arrive regardless of what you are wearing

So, just to clarify, sorry...for you, whenever you wear the VIP Outfit Sets and do not have the VIP prepped meal equipped, that VIP will still arrive? So if you have bought the full LL Wishelin Outfit Set and do not have the Colossal Calzones that normally attract Mandy Warlowe, she will still come to your venues?
  • Options
    Kiyue wrote: »
    So, just to clarify, sorry...for you, whenever you wear the VIP Outfit Sets and do not have the VIP prepped meal equipped, that VIP will still arrive? So if you have bought the full LL Wishelin Outfit Set and do not have the Colossal Calzones that normally attract Mandy Warlowe, she will still come to your venues?
    Pretty sure no
  • Options
    IF you have prepped their recipes and have them ready to go, they will come. It will not matter what you are wearing, they want the recipe not to check out your clothes
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    Collecting Avatar Sets #101::

- Sets makes you stand out from the crowd, showing off your accomplishments visually to friends and opponents. Some sets help you get Wishelin Stars!

- Every Set contains 4 items or less (we're sure you've seen some of just 2 articles of clothing)

- Collecting all pieces in a Set will grant rewards like currency (gold, silver, supplies, etc.), recipes (prep recipes you do not need to prep) or avatar items.

Reviewing our "Info" screen that you tap when in the Avatar Shop > Collected Sets area, we do not see anywhere that would imply these sets summon VIPs, when that is only done by using VIP Prep Recipes in an episode.

Just to assure all in this thread, Clothing sets do NOT summon VIPs.

If there is anything else we need to clarify regarding this topic or feature of our game, please let us know!
  • Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    Collecting Avatar Sets #101::

- Sets makes you stand out from the crowd, showing off your accomplishments visually to friends and opponents. Some sets help you get Wishelin Stars!

- Every Set contains 4 items or less (we're sure you've seen some of just 2 articles of clothing)

- Collecting all pieces in a Set will grant rewards like currency (gold, silver, supplies, etc.), recipes (prep recipes you do not need to prep) or avatar items.

Reviewing our "Info" screen that you tap when in the Avatar Shop > Collected Sets area, we do not see anywhere that would imply these sets summon VIPs
    , when that is only done by using VIP Prep Recipes in an episode.

Just to assure all in this thread, Clothing sets do NOT summon VIPs.

If there is anything else we need to clarify regarding this topic or feature of our game, please let us know!

Right next to the clothing set in the reward column, it says "Attracts Melon Beardsberg". I can see how people think they might get a random VIP while wearing the set.
  • Options
    MishapilsudskiMishapilsudski Registered Users 8 Posts
    You should change the description then.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    jeebus wrote: »
    Right next to the clothing set in the reward column, it says "Attracts Melon Beardsberg". I can see how people think they might get a random VIP while wearing the set.

Please add a screenshot to point this out to us more closely!
  • Options
    ginkle87ginkle87 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Please add a screenshot to point this out to us more closely!

Here is your screenshot. It is misleading :/
    http://tinypic.com/r/28rfhwi/9

28rfhwi.png
  • Options
    Silver WolfSilver Wolf Registered Users 12 Posts
    The answer to your question is in your screenshot. It's not the outfit that attracts the VIP. As a reward for buying the outfit you get a number of prep recipes to summon that VIP, colossal calzone from LL to attract Mandy Warlowe. The outfit doesn't give that bonus lol
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    KAL wrote: »

When you have the VIP meal prepared and selected as boost, yes. Not otherwise.

To confirm what others have replied: The VIPs are attracted by meals, not outfits. The poorly worded blurb next to venue outfits in shop refers just to the few VIP meals that are awarded when completing certain sets. Those few meals will attract VIPs whenever you use them from your inventory. After that, you must prepare the meals on your own AND select them as boosts when playing any episode to get VIPs to show. Simply having the meals in your inventory is not enough for VIPs. Conversely, Wishelin meals DO attract the Inspector once they've been prepared and are in your inventory (if you're lucky enough to be around during the few hours on short notice upon which he now appears, you can even use them to earn stars too!)

- SuFe718
  • Options
    ginkle87ginkle87 Registered Users 4 Posts
    That's why I don't even bother spending gold to make up all the outfits, because I don't think it's worth the extra you get with the bonus boxes that you receive for each venue. I'd rather prepare recipes and buy ingredients cuz I have more than enough coins to spare.
  • Options
    Agreed! See my post titled Thoughts / Comments / Suggestions