Options

Thoughts / Suggestions / Comments

Every now and then I think, hmm, wish this was an option, and this should be a thing, so thought I'd jot them down in one place, and if I think of more, then update. Please post your ideas too!

Chef Duels - I know the customers get the same thing, but I've tested with a friend and the sabotage came at a different time. It froze her stove right when 3 people needed something fried, but that didn't happen for me, mine came near the end and I had a frenzy flare to clear things out. Duels need to be EXACTLY the same in their sabotage and timing or it's not as fair as it should be.

Wishelin Star rating - It's been brought up before, but even with the latest update, it's still next to pointless to get a 5 star rating. I like the new requirement of grouping all upgrades into one instead of 3 separate parts and I like the 3-duel per week, BUT, like I said previously, why would I spend valuable gold to get a new outfit in order to get a few more coins and a prep recipe. The rewards really aren't worth it. A lot of gold goes into getting the restaurant upgraded, and the outfits aren't cheap, there should be gold rewards for a 5 star restaurant. I think 1 gold for a 4 star and 3 gold for a 5 star rating once a day wouldn't be out of the question.

Chef Arena - Love the Arena, even though I'm not very good at it, I've always allocated my upgrades to the normal restaurants, but my issue/thought is regarding the rewards. Once you beat Angelika, I find there's no point in battling any further that week. The Inspector before her gives you your wishelin star, and Angelika give 3 gold and after that, the rewards are not worth it.
-More battle coins from Nellie? It's ok, I can wait an hour for 2 more coins
-3 blue tickets from Joe Marconi? I currently have 141 blue tickets, don't need more
-Flo Paula and Grandma give me a mystery box? I usually get a couple onions or parsley. Best I ever got was 3 gold.
- Becky Ann gives a pink ticket and Gordon gives two gold tickets. I have 34 pink and 9 gold tickets that I won't likely spend.

Why on earth would I upgrade the Arena? I use Frenzy Flare and Autochef as a last resort to beat Angelika, and then I don't care about the Arena until the next week (unless my daily trophy needs me to serve x amount of customers, then I just tap tap tap until I get them).

(also case in point with the wishelin star rating - I have 2 stars, which gets me 4 ingredients, a burger flinger and 350 coins. If I bust my butt and spend lots, I get 2 ingredients, 3 prep recipes (and none of them the autochef boost) and 500 coins. not a big incentive)

Prize Showcase - Speaking of things I don't care about for most of the week, the Prize Arena is somewhat of a dead zone to me. The only thing I buy in there is the 5 gold every week. From playing to get daily trophies, I have over 105,000 coins, so I'm perfectly able to buy ingredients to prep recipes. As I've said, I'm not buying wishelin outfits because the cost vs reward isn't worth it. There are two options to buy coins (which I don't need), but only one for gold. Why not help us out and let us use tickets for more gold? I have tons of blue, lots of pink and nearly 10 gold tickets, I would Chef Duel as much as I could if my tickets could go towards gold rewards. Maybe 2 gold per blue, 3 per pink and 5 gold per gold ticket? THEN I would work harder in Chef Arena, I'll tell you that!

I realize most of this revolves around getting more gold, and I also realize that people purchasing gold is how they make their money on the game. I very much appreciate what we get already, 6-8 on videos, 3 for daily trophies, and random VIP drops and prizes for 3 or 5-starring a level. I'm just hoping/wishing they'd consider a bit more gold as incentive to really advance in the game.

That's all I can think of at the moment.. Anyone else have a wishlist? :) Thanks for reading, I know it got long-winded

Comments

• Options
    MommarobinMommarobin Registered Users 59 Posts
    I have a lot of blue and gold tickets, but no pink. Can't seem to stock up on those at all.

I agree with the prizes -- not much of any use. I get the gold, and sometime the boosts (if I have pink tickets).

I am having trouble getting higher than 1140 in rank. Just can't hit that 1200 mark!
  • Options
    SpcialJoySpcialJoy Registered Users 90 Posts
    Well said, Brew! I agree I would be much more motivated to get Wishelen stars and I would open up the arena too, if there were better gold prizes. I think they way over estimated players' desire for customized clothing. I think your gold prize suggestions are very reasonable and would not inhibit players buying gold. I'm amazed at how much people spend on these games. And it would definitely motivate players like us to play more.
    iPhone user
  • Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users 5 Posts
    Completely agree with what Brew said.
    Wishelen stars: not worth all the extra costs. I have 5/5 in bb. This morning I got the third highest box. If I have five stars I should be getting the top box period. Yesterday I had the fourth highest box pictured but didn't get half of what was promised when I claimed it. Similarly the inspector. Woke up a few days ago to see I had lost the star in two restaurants. No notice and I'm not waking up every few hours to check and see if he's due. It's just a way to make you pay more gold to get him to come back at a time you want.

Chef Duels: no one seems to know the points system. I'm at the 1100 level and was beat by a 1400 level person. Lost 11 points. I beat a 1300 level person and got four points. The coins earned in the duel also don't count towards your total. Having contacted customer service multiple times I just get the copy pasted form letter so that's just a waste of time.
    In all, for a company expecting people to pay so much cash to get ahead in this game there are WAY too many bugs and irritating things to even begin to justify the cost.
  • Options
    blais3rdblais3rd Registered Users 2 Posts
    I completely agree with you guys about the reward system. For the amount of gold we need to spend on upgrades, we sure aren't getting enough of it! They need to improve their reward systems to make the players feel more motivated to play the game! Also, in this latest huge update, they removed the arrival time of the Inspector. Keep missing the inspector! They should at least put up a notification for when the Inspector comes!
  • Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    I thought of a new one.. How about putting ALL of the prep recipes in the store? I burn through Beef Bourguignon like crazy as I try and finish Ultime, and I wanted more Acquacotta when I was doing Prato Toscano.. something I would actually spend tickets on.. and as many as I can buy, not just a couple a week..
  • Options
    blais3rdblais3rd Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hey guys,

Do any of you have issues with the latest update? One of the key updates was that you bring side orders and entree separately to the customer and you're no longer able to joint carry side orders and entree anymore! It's great that you can bring the side orders and entree separately but why take away the ability to carry both dishes single handedly? Now you have to make more rounds in order to deliver all the dishes which means time is wasted. What do u guys think?
  • Options
    hesjingixenhesjingixen Registered Users 4 Posts
    blais3rd wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Do any of you have issues with the latest update? One of the key updates was that you bring side orders and entree separately to the customer and you're no longer able to joint carry side orders and entree anymore! It's great that you can bring the side orders and entree separately but why take away the ability to carry both dishes single handedly? Now you have to make more rounds in order to deliver all the dishes which means time is wasted. What do u guys think?
    Honestly, I think they just did it so that the 4 handed upgrade is actually worth it now, because it was kinda "meh" before.
  • Options
    Silver WolfSilver Wolf Registered Users 12 Posts
    More likely just a bug, currently this whole update is bugged for me. I can't access the new restaurant even though I'm level 32. I can't access the new recipe even though I'm fame level 11 and the duel store shows the same items over and over again.

Give it time and your issue will probably be fixed
  • Options
    SleberhartSleberhart Registered Users 13 Posts
    My clock still freezes at 2 mins. Can't collect more groceries so annoying
  • Options
    hesjingixenhesjingixen Registered Users 4 Posts
    Sleberhart wrote: »
    My clock still freezes at 2 mins. Can't collect more groceries so annoying
    Same here.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I agree with your suggestions, brew, esp the gold rewards and putting all recipes in the showcase store.

Lol, I just posted in another thread about the new split order delivery annoyingly making one handed combos impossible but think the responder who posited that it made Carry Four more valuable is onto something.

I usually do try to do the arena duels, to challenge myself and prepare for P2P duels. I have upgraded some items in the arena (I now see I probably didn't need to) particularly the counter because I rarely get enough customers to even have a chance to earn over 450points. I just stand there waiting, huge gaps btw diners. Frenzy as a boost would never help me (altho I do use Super Gordon when clock hits 2 secs). Does anyone else experience this in the arena?

- SuFe718
  • Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    I posted a thread earlier that said that I did get to 1200, I did pay a huge amount for the chef's outfit, I did manage to play the required amount of chef duels in the venue and received NO PRIZES in the boxes at all, just to be told by support that "it says you MAY win all or some of the prizes in the box" and he closed the ticket. I don't see that wording anywhere. It definitely lists the prizes you WILL be awarded when you complete the requirements. Otherwise, why would we even do it?
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    The new prep meal box attempts to do what you suggested, brew, but I'd much rather choose which dishes I wish to buy.

- SuFe718