Options

Recent update issues

I updated my Galaxy Tab S2 yesterday and now the game won't load if I'm offline. The downloading screen starts and then I get an error message. If the game cannot be played online, what benefit is there for people who work? This will be the end of me playing the game. If I can't open the game, I can't benefit from events, and can't prep items to use in my duels later. Also, the market items are becoming more and more expensive and more and more scarce.

Comments

• Options
    SeiferSeifer Registered Users 12 Posts
    I agree about the setback of not being able to play offline while at work. It does lead to the issue of some players giving up on the game because they'll fall further and further behind those who are able to stay connected.

Another issue that I've been having after the recent update is frequent crashes. I use an Ipad to play Gordon Ramsay Dash. Is anyone else experiencing a high number of crashes? I simply can't dual anyone right now. I think another update is needed to fix some major bugs before opening up another venue.
  • Options
    PegcitygalPegcitygal Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am experiencing frequent crashing AND when I log back in the boosts and lives are down by one.... I can't duel either. I love the game but am so frustrated I may just stop!
  • Options
    HarvardrogerHarvardroger Registered Users 1 Posts
    Game crashes in Chef Arena after selecting boosts. This is on IOS 10.0.2. Started after the most recent update.
  • Options
    PegcitygalPegcitygal Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am not able to play at all today.... Log in to the game but as soon as the map loads the game crashes and I am out!! Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions? I am playing on iPad. ����
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Sounds like an iPad issue. I'm on an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.0.2 and am not experiencing any of the problems you describe. No crashes or freezes and can still play offline. I'd suggest submitting a ticket through the cog or, if you're locked out of even that area, post in the customer support thread on main level of this forum. I've had good luck with glu's CSRs (altho they have yet to actually restore my original player name they at least claim to be "working on it ").

- SuFe718
  • Options
    SeiferSeifer Registered Users 12 Posts
    With respect to crashes, it's probably just an iPad problem then.

Update: The crashes are still happening, though not nearly as frequently as yesterday nor the day before. The game might crash 1 out of 5 times I initiate a dual or play a regular episode at a venue, but that's way better than crashing 9 out of 10 times as was the case earlier on. What's now a big issue is how slow it is for the market screen or dual list to load up. This is making it VERY time consuming to wait for the screen to pop-up and buy/sell items.

I use an ipad and my wife uses an Android. It's much worse on her device than on mine. She's practically pulling her hair as she has to wait for the dual list to pop up. It's near the end of the week and she still wants an opportunity to dual and try to go up some more points. It's a tough pill to swallow since she has spent a lot of time throughout the week to get to where she is but is unable to rise a bit further in her rank for more rewards due connectivity or slow server issues. With respect to whether or not we have a good connection at home, we are able to connect online with other apps just fine, both smoothly and quickly. Hopefully the Team can rectify this issue soon.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Yes, that delay entering market and dueling area seems to be happening on all platforms. Very annoying! But since almost everybody is experiencing those delays, it's probably a bug or a glu server issue which, hopefully, will be fixed in next update our sooner with a patch.

I hope ingredient scarcity will be soon fixed as well -- I can't get any chicken for the life of me! It's not even available for purchase in the chef store, which seems nuts. When the other new VIPs were first introduced, their proteins were available in the chef store -- it's just too soon for players have any extra to sell.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    CnmackowiakCnmackowiak Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am constantly getting kicked out when playing on my iPad. I lose tokens and supplies when this happens. I am considering stopping playing, but I really like this game.