Options

Dragon Bowl Red Drums?

Lol, reference intended. ;)

Has anyone else had difficulties with the drums getting stuck? Mine keep turning red and not dispensing ingredients when I'm rushing, which is necessary to do in order to serve all diners! I've tried making a non-drum-needing dish to reset them but that doesn't seem to work. Even if the spice/seasoning drum turns green, the protein drums remain red so nothing can be composed.

Why does it happen and how can one unlock them?

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    YES! 2x now, while in expert mode I could not get ingredients to go into the mixing bowls. I thought it was just the shrimp and sauce, but that is what all the recipes were and then the clock ran out so I didn't try any other ingredients
  • Options
    I wanted to check here before putting in a support ticket. Have you put in a ticket yet?
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Not yet. I, too, wanted to see if anyone else experienced this and if it been determined to be a bug or an intentional game punishment for doing something wrong. It doesn't seem right so I will now report it to support, knowing it's not just me. You should put in a ticket too -- strength in numbers and all!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    phaedrusphaedrus Registered Users 47 Posts
    I have had this issue too... not even sure what the red and green even mean because I've had ingredients get stuck after both colors. Weird.
  • Options
    FeistyhotheadFeistyhothead Registered Users 2 Posts
    The drums stay red and won't allow me to pick up the ingredients to complete a dish. I hope this is fixed soon, tired of wasting my game and my boosts.
  • Options
    Support requested season/episode numbers and screenshots (I submitted two and told them it occurs in multiple episodes, not just always in the same ones). I suggest that all of you do the same. It would probably help get it fixed faster. It's a vicious glitch! Dueling in this venue is out as long as it exists; it'd be an automatic loss!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    I put in a ticket and the response I got was explaining that I needed to pick up both items and put them in the mixing bowls. He obviously didn't understand that I know how to do it, but it wouldn't let me.
  • Options
    Mookey, I suggest you try again and include a screenshot or two showing the red/green halos that lock up the drums. I agree, that CSR definitely didn't understand the problem you were trying to report.

I'll post again when I hear back about my ticket.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    If you touch the wrong one, you can touch it again to unselect it.. from what I've seen, you have to have the right combo of ingredients for them to be green and go into the mixing bowl.. I'm not very far in atm, so I might not be experiencing the same thing
  • Options
    Hey brew! Season 3 episode 3 definitely has this glitch. I've experienced it in other earlier ones as well but have not -- will not -- progress beyond this episode until it is fixed bc I don't want this venue to get into my duel rotation (and no one has yet answered my question about at what level that happens). Yes, you can touch the drums to change the color but when this glitch occurs, the ingredients won't dispense at all, regardless of drum halo color/presence, even when you have the correct sequence. You cannot make the first recipe or any others that require mixing once the drums get locked!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    It seems to happen in season 3 episode 2 as well.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    I've gotten 3 stars on S3E2, and 2 on S3E3.. going to try now with happy hour
  • Options
    Managed to make everything asked (well, didn't but nothing stayed red). tap tap bowl and they were all good
  • Options
    Yes, I three starred them as well -- it doesn't always happen to me either, and may not happen on all platforms. I've just been replaying those episodes multiple times to see if I can determine what triggers them to lock and if tapping them all and waiting can reset them. DB did show up in my dueling rotation but luckily it didn't happen in that duel.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    Okay, chefs - let me define the functionality of the drums in Dragon Bowl real quick:

The drums ONLY glow red if you have an invalid combination of them selected. If you see any drums glowing red, you're doing it wrong. Plain and simple.

Anytime you need a refresher of the dish you're trying to make for a hungry customer, tap and HOLD your finger on their order bubble - the steps to make the dish will appear.

Dragon Bowl is tricky and designed to be so - requiring some serious concentration and skill to get the correct dishes made as quickly as possible. This is where the combo design change really comes into play, as this venue gets extremely intense in later Seasons.

Again, if drums are red, DE-select the incorrect one and make the right choice. No time for &#$%ing mistakes in Gordon's kitchen, right??
  • Options
    Thanks Brian! That's really helpful. I had tried tapping the drums to deactivate the lock out but guess I was doing something wrong -- doing it all so fast that I was being imprecise, I suspect. I've been trying again, going more slowly and carefully, and have been experienced fewer red drums and can now overcome them when they do occur. Really appreciate your wisdom, guru!

- SuFe718