Options

Hi! New to the group, have some questions

Do you actually get anything for wearing certain outfits cause I haven't noticed anything.

Has anyone heard anything about getting better prize boxes? I'm tired of working my butt off and wasting boosts/gold and getting frickin parsley as a reward. Lame.

I don't get the scoring system for the duels. (Win +3. Lose-15) One moment I was ranked #84, 15 minutes later I was 200 something. Ugh! I guess I guess that wasn't really a question, just me whining. Lol Sorry.

Ok. Last thing for now. I'm stuck with the last level at Delish n Chips. I have 5 stars but for the life of me I can't serve all customers. That's one of the restaurants I'm pretty good at too. So what boosts are you winners using? Or is there a super secret trick I don't know about? Lol

Thanks in advance for any help. 😊

Comments

• Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    No, the outfits don't give you anything. Unless you count the higher level box over your each venue, but to me it's not worth it.

Prize boxes are horrible. Usually an onion. I got 4 gold one time and 70 supplies, but that is not the norm.

The duel point system sucks. I think they changed it a while back to the really lopsided system they have now. It's not as much fun as it used to be and people don't duel unless they know they can get a win.

Fast feet and maybe carry 4 boosts should help in the last level of Delish & Chips. What I would do is play it once with no boosts and remember the first 2 customers orders. Then play it with boosts and start making those orders in the 5 second or so delay before they sit down. That and upgrade as much as you can.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    As for your last question, I had a few venues where I found getting 5 star gold (all customers served) in the final episodes really difficult. I managed DC ok but, for me, LL and PT were big challenges -- and I'd upgraded so much decor in PP, adding many customers during my first week of play (before I realized the impact that it would have later) that it seemed impossible to serve all 30, iirc, diners in there. No matter how many times I played or what boost combos I tried, I was always just a few meals short. What allowed me to finally earn gold in those venues was playing (with boosts) during a Free Happy Hour event. Those extra 20 seconds were, for me, the key for completion (& by then I knew the orders almost by heart, which also contributed to my success, as jeebus advised). It made me so happy to get gold everywhere, those few silver episodes were really irksome!

From my PP experience, I'm now much more conservative about upgrading any decor which adds more customers until after I've already cleared the venue in gold.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    I totally agree. I never add customers until I absolutely need it for points.

I recommend using fast feet and frenzy in DNC. I used to think I only got 1 frenzy until happy hour, then I got a 2nd. Not true, if I use one early, I will get another, and then a 3rd during happy hour. Just make sure you use it when you have as many customers as possible and when they order appetizers and/or things that are more labor intensive and take more time to prepare.
  • Options
    UniquepanUniquepan Registered Users 3 Posts
    I want to know how you received 5 stars in all of anywhere (except BB)! I have not been able to do that no matter what I do! In my Pizza joint I even bought happy hour and I can't get 5 stars past the 4th season! Some of the others I'm doing even worse! I don't know maybe a tablet isn't the best? Just curious and *****ing. Lol. Thanks!
  • Options
    First you should determine if it's a coin issue (not getting enough stars per episode) or a speed/efficiency issue (not serving all/enough customers). Or both! I'm playing on an iPhone 6s (not a plus) so a tablet should be a breeze ;)

Also, I used the Auto Chefs. Hats off and spoons up to anyone who clears gold without them!

If it's coins, upgrade all the food 100% and upgrade the two tip-giving decor at least to the point just before customers are added. You'll have to upgrade them both fully (& add other customers too) at some point but I recommend clearing all epis you can before adding too many new customers. When you've earned gold and silver everywhere you can, add customers slowly, starting with the coin-increasing upgrades. Then replay silver epis to try to gold them before you add more. Also, boosts will help earn coins in addition to their Super Powers (some being more useful in a venue than others). For example, I found episodes 4 & 10 of every season/venue to be very difficult. But once I increased my skill/aptitude in each venue, I usually was able to earn gold on epis 1-3 and 5-7 without even using boosts. Then I tried to make gold with 1-2 boosts per epi, then I added customers and continued to boost to clear the others. As I wrote above, I used the free Happy Hour events to help push me over the top to gold in the remaining stubborn epis.

If you can't serve the default number of customers, play and replay until you master each venue. Fully upgrade equipment like stoves and fryers so you're not waiting for dishes to cook, and as much of anything else that makes you wait. Use the inherent Frenzy strategically (make sure you preform the actions which fill Gordon's Frenzy Meter bc they also mean more coin) but know boosts will only help you so much. You must be very fast and get enough Perfect seasoning/searing points, which requires precision, to earn gold. Each venue is different. For me, I conquered DnC with only one boost slot opened (Fast Feet); for Dragon Bowl (only) I needed all 3 open plus a free Happy Hour event just to earn enough coins for gold (I suspect that may be bc there is no bonus for Perfect dishes in there).

Five star gold everywhere is a challenge, an achievement -- it isn't meant to be an easy task!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    MaMaAngel2MaMaAngel2 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Hi SupremeFettucine,
    I appreciate all your help. I have another question maybe you could answer.. I finish with all customers and still have time left. So, I don't get 5 stars. Any help you can provide is wonderful...
    Thank You MaMaAngel2
  • Options
    Hi MaMaAngel2,
    Sounds like it's a coin issue. You need to serve all customers plus earn enough from their tips to rank gold. Food upgrades are required; serving perfect dishes and using boosts will help.

Usually you need to upgrade your food at least 80% (more in later venues) to get the gold. You also need to fully upgrade the tip-increasing decor. In the most recent venues, I've also had to increase the number of customers by an additional 2-3 through decor upgrades AND use boosts (it didn't matter which but Fast Feet are useful after adding new customers and Tasting Spoon and/or Food Thermometer, in venues where they work, help you get maximum tips by helping perfect your dishes) just to get enough coins for gold. The venues are definitely getting more difficult with each release.

Good luck!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    MaMaAngel2MaMaAngel2 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Thank YOU so much SupremeFettucine. I have lots of coins, but I have not upgraded all food items. It seems like I'm doing this game all backwards. I am using this game as a learning tool in several ways. I have double T.B.I. (Traumatic Brain Injuries) so its teaching he to slow down and memory, and hoping for memory retention). I love me some Chef Ramsey ��. So I appreciate all your help. Thank you
  • Options
    MaMaAngel2 wrote: »
    Thank YOU so much SupremeFettucine. I have lots of coins, but I have not upgraded all food items. It seems like I'm doing this game all backwards. I am using this game as a learning tool in several ways. I have double T.B.I. (Traumatic Brain Injuries) so its teaching he to slow down and memory, and hoping for memory retention). I love me some Chef Ramsey ��. So I appreciate all your help. Thank you

Wow, this game should really help you with tasks like those, plus it's such fun! You're most welcome for any small help I can give. I'm still a newbie compared to most people around the forum but have been playing lots since I began.

When I said it's a "coin issue" I didn't mean an overall coin balance issue but an issue of gaining enough coins per episode from tips and upgraded food items to earn the 5th gold star. If you're serving everyone in an episode and not getting gold, it means you need to earn more coins in that episode. Each episode tells you the baseline of coins you will get by serving all diners but, unfortunately, it doesn't tell how much more than that is needed for each star level. You can usually tell by how close to that last star your meter gets. Try to add customers slowly so you don't get into a situation where you can't serve them all. Also, use boosts -- even just to add any 2-3 big-tipping VIPs, their special superpowers aside. These Happy Hour events are also helpful in clearing gold on those few stubborn episodes you don't get during regular gaming. Good luck! :)

- SuFe718