Options

Duel point system

This has probably been discussed before but is there a predictable logic to the point system in P2P duels? I know you earn fewer points beating a player who is at a lower level than yourself but doesn't the score earned within each duel count?

For example, I am currently a Saucier and just beat an Apprentice by over 1250 points and my level increased 4 points. A few days ago I lost to a Sous Chef by 8 points, both scores being over 1300, and lost 14 points from my overall Score. Can anyone shed some light?

I could certainly save a lot of boosts and effort, when fairly sure I'm facing a player I can beat, if the duel's score spread has zero impact on my total gains. It would be a gamble, since some player's records don't accurately indicte proficiency level but if it's only a matter of plus/minus 4 points, it's a gamble I'd probably be willing to take.

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    I think the only thing that matters is your level. The points you score during the duel don't seem to matter. I wish they did though. The amount of duels I've lost by 10 or fewer points drives me crazy. But no, -14 points for the lose to the guy that is 2 spots above you in rank. Beat the same player and you get 8 points. Beat anyone ranked lower than you and you get maybe 6 points, normally 4. The points system the way they have it now is kind of killing the duels. No one takes any risks and a lot of my points come from forfeits.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Thanks for answering, jeebus.

Yeah, it'd be really great if point spread or high (1k+) duel scores impacted win/lose points somehow.

I am having most duels forfeit, around 50%...thus my score is creeping up so very slowly. Frustrating! Obviously, I should just duel more. During the free duel event, I made it to 58, my first time on the Top 100 (although I fell to 118 by reset), and achieved my highest overall score yet. That's clearly the difference between the 150+ duels I played that week compared to my more typical 60-75 weekly duels.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    I don't like dropping on the reset. It's hard to get where you are as it is, then to get dropped a full level is annoying as all heck.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I don't like dropping on the reset. It's hard to get where you are as it is, then to get dropped a full level is annoying as all heck.

It is really frustrating but those are the things which keep people playing the game. There is a predictable formula to the reset calculations:

doantuankhoi said:
    09-25-2016 06:28 AM
    From my experience, if your rating was X in last week and above 1000, it's going to be rounded down to the nearest hundred (let's call it Y), and your following week's rating is calculated as (Y-1000)/2 + 1000. I've never got a rating below 1000 so I don't know how it's calculated then.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    I'm really po'd right now. I left the game at duel score 1350, chef de partie. I got rewarded for chef de partie..... and then I was dropped 200 points from 1350 to 1150 (IOW, dropped 2 ranks to Junior cook).

I don't think that's very fair.
  • Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    I'm really po'd right now. I left the game at duel score 1350, chef de partie. I got rewarded for chef de partie..... and then I was dropped 200 points from 1350 to 1150 (IOW, dropped 2 ranks to Junior cook).

I don't think that's very fair.

That's how the game works. You have to work your way up every week. It's completely fair and just makes sense. If I finish over 1600, what point is there in dueling anymore if I stay there every week? I usually get over 1700 points a week, and I get dropped down to 1300. But the fun is playing the game, and this mechanic encourages that.