Options

Pizza Paisan Changes

I don't know about this one. Every dish is already prepped, but you kind of have to stop and look around to grab the right one. This restaurant was always the hardest to figure out what dish I was supposed to make, now I have to figure out which one to grab. Not really liking it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Comments

• Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    I wonder why they'd change it. Of course, Kindle users are the last to get updates, so I haven't seen it yet.
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I don't have this change nor does it make any sense to have. Did you get auto chef?
  • Options
    ZindziZenaniZindziZenani Registered Users 22 Posts
    LOL, the first time I saw it was in a duel, so I almost lost looking around for what dish was what! They could have at least given us a heads up. I'd actually prefer to just prep them myself!
  • Options
    I don't know. I've been noticing some very high PP scores in duels, so I wonder if some people got them and have already gotten the hang of them. I think I'll be avoiding most PP duels right now (I got slammed on one for 19 points, that I should have won based on the odds). I rarely play PP without fast feet and tasting spoon, and I can see how ready made meals can vastly speed things up.
  • Options
    a smoocha smooch Registered Users 4 Posts
    i hate this update. going from memorizing where the ingredients are to having to double check what's prepped is very annoying and slows everything down.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I first found out during a duel as well. Very disconcerting! I guess they changed it because there was still so much to prepare in that venue, compared with other auto chefs elsewhere but I agree, I didn't mind it. Choosing which blob will cook into which pasta dish is a big learning curve. Tasting Spoon didn't work at all, even though auto-chef prepared dishes still needed time on the seasoning stations. Wonder why; seems odd! They said they changed the Perfect mechanism but that boost should still work in PP. The timing is definitely different almost everywhere (at least, seemed so to me, except DnC and DB), even the condiments in BBB seemed a bit different (which I hadn't expected). However, PP is by far the most changed. I'll adapt, as I did after the non-combo-serve change but am wary of dueling until I've gone through everywhere and figured out what adjustments I need to make. Some ppl may not yet have the upgrade and not be working against the changes during duel.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    I went into PP to see what you were all talking about, but mine looks exactly the same.. Android user
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Yea, what platform is everybody using? I am android as well
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Have you installed the latest update with the sweet and savory street food venue? And do you have the PP AutoChef installed ?

I'm iOS.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    I'm playing on Kindle. There's no update available yet. I have it on my cell phone, but I haven't really been playing on it because I can't pick up my game from one to the other.
  • Options
    ZindziZenaniZindziZenani Registered Users 22 Posts
    I first found out during a duel as well. Very disconcerting! I guess they changed it because there was still so much to prepare in that venue, compared with other auto chefs elsewhere but I agree, I didn't mind it. Choosing which blob will cook into which pasta dish is a big learning curve. Tasting Spoon didn't work at all, even though auto-chef prepared dishes still needed time on the seasoning stations. Wonder why; seems odd! They said they changed the Perfect mechanism but that boost should still work in PP. The timing is definitely different almost everywhere (at least, seemed so to me, except DnC and DB), even the condiments in BBB seemed a bit different (which I hadn't expected). However, PP is by far the most changed. I'll adapt, as I did after the non-combo-serve change but am wary of dueling until I've gone through everywhere and figured out what adjustments I need to make. Some ppl may not yet have the upgrade and not be working against the changes during duel.

That IS odd, my Tasting Spoon still works even with the upgraded ready prep.
  • Options
    MaryeMarye Registered Users 13 Posts
    Yes, I discovered the changes in a duel, and was so lost! PP was one of my best venues, and now it's weird trying to figure out which prepared dish it is and now I'm messed up knowing which seasoning block too, which shouldn't be the case! I'm sure I'll get used to it, it's just a big change.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    Great feedback and discussion about this, chefs!

This change was instituted because Pizza Paisan is available early in the game - and the challenge ramp at such an early point of game experience, plus player feedback combined, called for a design change.

We'll keep reviewing and listening to our awesome players. This is good stuff!
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    I know what you mean! I was in a chef duel and this new change startled me!! Needless to say I most definitely lost that chef duel. 😬 That threw me for a loop trying to figure out what was what! I liked it better the old way myself.
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    I agree! I've adapted now but I too liked it better making these dishes myself.
  • Options
    dcesq06dcesq06 Registered Users 29 Posts
    I don't like it - especially duels. It has tremendously reduced any skill advantage.

One issue I have is when I accidentally pick up a single ingredient (out of habit). Whereas before, I could use that ingredient to make multiple dishes (e.g., if I accidentally picked up chicken, I could still use the chicken to make pizza, salad or pasta), now there is nothing I can do with it except throw it away - which costs me points. Unlike some other venues, the auto chef won't take it from you.