Options

Losing Duels To Players with NO Upgrades

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm at a loss as to how I can have everything upgraded 100%, my opponent can have absolutely 0% upgraded, and yet they have a sky high score!

I've played someone in BBB with no upgrades, and yet they had a score of 1,200! Of course, I lost because I'm thinking I don't need to use a prep recipe for this duel. I'm pretty good at duels (usually end the week with about 1600 and a rank no lower than 25), so it's not that I'm not a good player.

It just seems reaaaaaaally strange.

Comments

• Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I feel ya. This has happened to me a few times. Definitely a glitch. Seems I've read it has to do with cross platforms?
  • Options
    ZindziZenaniZindziZenani Registered Users 22 Posts
    Gotcha! I guess I just gotta assume that there's something wrong and still use my preps. I just hate to waste them! The worst is when you use like 3 and your opponent only scored 300 pts, LOL!
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Yea, when I see 0% across the board I for sure play my best. Better to overplay than take a loss
  • Options
    True, I've learned my lesson once and for all! Cause these -15 points are NOT what's up!
  • Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    I prefer getting challenged to making challenges. When I get challenged, I know how much I have to score. When I challenge someone, I don't know how good they REALLY are or if the stats are glitched.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I prefer getting challenged to making challenges. When I get challenged, I know how much I have to score. When I challenge someone, I don't know how good they REALLY are or if the stats are glitched.
    I prefer that too but I usually don't get random challenges unless I initiate a few duels first. And, still, you have to select your boost strategy before you see their score so, again, better to always prepare and play your best.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    I prefer that too but I usually don't get random challenges unless I initiate a few duels first. And, still, you have to select your boost strategy before you see their score so, again, better to always prepare and play your best.

I agree with both of you; I almost always have to initiate a few duels before I get a challenge (which I prefer). But I've had times when someone with one of these 0% upgrades has challenged me first, I don't use any preps, and then as soon as the game starts, I see they have an astronomical score! As you all have said, better to just assume that's a glitch and use some preps! I'd rather gain 2 points than lose 15!
  • Options
    samplekasisamplekasi Registered Users 2 Posts
    I agree with both of you; I almost always have to initiate a few duels before I get a challenge (which I prefer). But I've had times when someone with one of these 0% upgrades has challenged me first, I don't use any preps, and then as soon as the game starts, I see they have an astronomical score! As you all have said, better to just assume that's a glitch and use some preps! I'd rather gain 2 points than lose 15!
    I am starting to wonder is some of these people have figured out hacks somehow. You would not think it as I use this to zone out to the world, and it's not like you earn anything in RL. That being said there are those people out there that have nothing better to do with their time But hack into code and see if they can "Beat the game." I do mot consider it beating if they cheat but.....
  • Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    It's not a hack or anything. It's a cross platform issue that causes it. In another post on this, someone had a user name of someone that they dueled a couple of times who didn't have upgrades. I had that same player on my rivals list and when I dueled them, their upgrades were listed.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    We know of this one, chefs - and of course apologize for the inconvenience greatly!

Development has been working on this wily one for a while but this will be fixed in our next major update. We can finally consider this one NOT undercooked and raw upon that said update.

Thanks so much for bearing with us, chefs - it is most appreciated!