Options

Loon Goh

I'm assuming that this VIP boost always adds the same amount of time, regardless of venue/episode/situation (duel vs self-play) -- can anyone confirm that fact and tell me, please, how much time is added?

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    dcesq06dcesq06 Registered Users 29 Posts
    I believe this VIP adds 7 seconds. Doesn't seem to work in Chef duels though.
  • Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    I have not seen any evidence of it working anywhere besides street food
  • Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    You only get the 7 seconds if he comes in. I've used it in other venues. But 7 seconds REALLY isn't a lot of time. It might only be the time you need to walk to that last person to serve it. You get the 7 seconds when he sits down. Unless you watch the clock you might not even notice it.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Thanks for explaining that, ladytimedramon!

Is it 7 seconds every time he sits down (as sometimes he has appeared twice, altho sometimes not at all)? And has anyone yet been able to confirm whether his boost works during Chef Duels? That would be very useful information! I see people are using it when dueling but I don't want to waste a boost (not that it matters much; 90% of the duels I initiate are forfeited by my opponents so I end up wasting boosts all the time!)

I wish we could store more than 6 prepared boosts (and ingredients too)!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    Just in confirmation, yep! Loon Goh adds 7 seconds to the clock at every appearance he makes within a given Episode.
  • Options
    KaliburKalibur Registered Users 1 Posts
    Thanks for explaining that, ladytimedramon!

Is it 7 seconds every time he sits down (as sometimes he has appeared twice, altho sometimes not at all)? And has anyone yet been able to confirm whether his boost works during Chef Duels? That would be very useful information! I see people are using it when dueling but I don't want to waste a boost (not that it matters much; 90% of the duels I initiate are forfeited by my opponents so I end up wasting boosts all the time!)

I wish we could store more than 6 prepared boosts (and ingredients too)!

Yes, the extra time boost also works in Chef Duels PVP. He'll come once around the beginning and once around end (the second time is somewhat difficult to achieve and will depend on luck and how fast you serve the customers).

An interesting thing that I discovered about Chef Duels (with the help of extra time and fast feet) is that there are a limited number of customers that can be served (Gordon says "alright, last customer sat down"); which I have been able to achieve at BBB and D&C. At these moments, I can barely finish serving all the customers.
  • Options
    MaMaAngel2MaMaAngel2 Registered Users 9 Posts
    I wish that we are shown before every dual, if the person has used a boost or not. I'm 'thinking' that it might count down on us using the boosts when not needed. As for Loon Goh, I have used him, a
    he does come in handy. Iave onlt seen the seconds added at the end.
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Kalibur wrote: »
    An interesting thing that I discovered about Chef Duels (with the help of extra time and fast feet) is that there are a limited number of customers that can be served (Gordon says "alright, last customer sat down"); which I have been able to achieve at BBB and D&C. At these moments, I can barely finish serving all the customers.
    I never knew this was possible, how many customers would you say appear for Chef Duels? It'd be interesting to see if the max decor items that add customers influence this value as well, always thought the customers were endless.
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I don't believe the decor upgrades to add customers do anything in duels. Notice in chef arena there aren't any of those upgrades