Options

Duel screen freezing?

Was happening with individual duels prior tot he recent update, and then worked for a day or so. Now it just freezes when entering the first duel screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    phaedrusphaedrus Registered Users 47 Posts
    Just saw this in another thread from Brian:

"True, we have reports of users, more so Android users, being affected with some severe lagging/staling/freezing/crashing issues and Duels stalling as of version 1.7.4 and we're most certainly aware of it. We're overwhelmed by the contact in support messages and social channels so responses may be a bit slower than usual and sorry for it!

REST ASSURED, these issues are our top priority and the development is working very hard at getting these resolved as soon as possible.

Hang in there and keep bearing with us -- we'll get all this improved and soon. Thank you graciously for your continued patience, chefs - it's much appreciated!"
  • Options
    MariajuMariaju Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have the same problem. But is not inly in duels also when I play in any restaurant. Most of the times it freezes and then tooks a long time (more than 2 minutes) to open. What can se
    do?
  • Options
    a smoocha smooch Registered Users 4 Posts
    i can deal with the freezing no problem, but when i'm entering a duel and i hit the 'accept dual' button, if it freezes and hit it again (thinking the first press doesn't register) it'll skip me past the upgrades/boost screen and put me right into the duel which is very annoying. i know the problem is being solved but it just happened to me again and i needed an outlet to complain, haha.
  • Options
    jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    Not sure how much longer I'll put up with these duels taking so long. I need 4 for my daily goal today and I've been dueling since I got up, over an hour ago, and I am JUST NOW getting into the 4th duel. Over 10 minutes wait from the accept duel to the pick your upgrades screen and another 2 minutes to get into the actual venue.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    phaedrus wrote: »
    Just saw this in another thread from Brian:

"True, we have reports of users, more so Android users, being affected with some severe lagging/staling/freezing/crashing issues and Duels stalling as of version 1.7.4 and we're most certainly aware of it. We're overwhelmed by the contact in support messages and social channels so responses may be a bit slower than usual and sorry for it!

REST ASSURED, these issues are our top priority and the development is working very hard at getting these resolved as soon as possible.

Hang in there and keep bearing with us -- we'll get all this improved and soon. Thank you graciously for your continued patience, chefs - it's much appreciated!"

Thanks so much for spreading the word, Phaedrus - it really helps while we continue to hammer away at these issues for our affected players. We appreciate it!
  • Options
    Vivian29Vivian29 Registered Users 35 Posts
    Does anybody else have the issue that the duel area has become even slower in the past days? It takes forever to do a duel and the cross-platform issue of no stats showing is worse as well. So I wait up to six or seven minutes for the opponent's stats to show up and then they are all 0. This is seriously affecting game play fun (basically the duels are no fun anymore) and it's also more difficult to get points.

I realise they are working on it, but it seems to be getting worse rather than better and this issue has also been affecting the game for a long time now :-(.
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Vivian29 wrote: »
    I realise they are working on it, but it seems to be getting worse rather than better and this issue has also been affecting the game for a long time now :-(.

AFAIK they haven't pushed an update yet so it won't be getting better at all. But I do agree with you, it has gotten much much worse. Nothing to do about it until they get that update. Really wish they would hurry up
  • Options
    Vivian29Vivian29 Registered Users 35 Posts
    Well I don't know what they did, but ever since yesterday the Duel Area runs smoothly again. Well done :-)!
  • Options
    CookiefanCookiefan Registered Users 19 Posts
    Vivian29 wrote: »
    Well I don't know what they did, but ever since yesterday the Duel Area runs smoothly again. Well done :-)!

My duel screen continues to freeze. Recently all my rivals were on egg timers for 2 days! It feels unfair as I constantly get challenges from people 15-20 levels higher than me which I have to forfeit, but can't make up the lost point by challenging a rival as they are all on egg timer. I've contacted support but they can't do anything. Does anyone know a fix? I'm using iOS