Options

Extra time boost

In which venues does the extra time boost work? Just street food?

I feel robbed when I choose a boost that doesn't work in a venue when there is no pre-warning or list of boosts that indicates which boosts work where. I know you still get extra coins and recipes, but maybe I could have chosen a boost that did work, instead.

Do the boosts only work in venues that are unlocked after the boost became available? If so, are supposed to remember when they all become available?

Comments

• Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    It works everywhere, but you only get 7 seconds when he shows up in the restaurant. It's not like they tack even 10 seconds automatically. But then, 7 seconds can mean 1 or 2 more dishes served.
  • Options
    UniquepanUniquepan Registered Users 3 Posts
    I've used him twice and it's not worked for me either, maybe we're doing something wrong.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    Dinner is in the details, chefs! If there is truly an issue going on, let us know exactly what Venue>Season>Episode you find Loon Goh not working when his recipe is equipped. We're here to help!
  • Options
    jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    I have served his VIP dish multiple times in Prato season 2 episodes 5 and 9 and I have never seen extra time given on the episode. These two are stubbornly blue for me and I've been trying to turn them gold for over a week. I can get down to the last customer in 9 and need a second or two to finish the dish and even with serving the dish to Loon twice during the episode and not making any big mistakes I still am a second or two short of finishing that last dish for the last customer. I should be getting 14 seconds extra and serving Loon twice wouldn't take all that time so I should gain at least 10 usable seconds but i still end up without enough time and finish at the same place I am when I don't use the vip dish. Episode 5 is more complicated. I have been able to get down to needing to serve 2 customers but they refuse to show up so i figure I've upgraded beyond my ability to turn that episode blue. Even with happy hour from the event the other day I couldn't get the customers to show up fast enough to help. I did think having extra time would get me there but it doesn't seem to give me time there either. Always with the same 3 customers needing to come in when time ends.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    jt4703 wrote: »
    I have served his VIP dish multiple times in Prato season 2 episodes 5 and 9 and I have never seen extra time given on the episode. These two are stubbornly blue for me and I've been trying to turn them gold for over a week. I can get down to the last customer in 9 and need a second or two to finish the dish and even with serving the dish to Loon twice during the episode and not making any big mistakes I still am a second or two short of finishing that last dish for the last customer. I should be getting 14 seconds extra and serving Loon twice wouldn't take all that time so I should gain at least 10 usable seconds but i still end up without enough time and finish at the same place I am when I don't use the vip dish. Episode 5 is more complicated. I have been able to get down to needing to serve 2 customers but they refuse to show up so i figure I've upgraded beyond my ability to turn that episode blue. Even with happy hour from the event the other day I couldn't get the customers to show up fast enough to help. I did think having extra time would get me there but it doesn't seem to give me time there either. Always with the same 3 customers needing to come in when time ends.

How frustrating! I have a similar issue in Chef Arena where customers just don't show up fast enough when I duel so I consistently hit a score "ceiling" of around 700-750. Drives me nuts (and makes me lose). Grrrrrrr!

But for you and Prato: Are you sure you have upgraded the "Counter" Decor to increase diners' eat speed to the max? The 3rd upgrade level does add a diner but increases eat speed +200%, it's very worth it!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    DaminaeDaminae Registered Users 3 Posts
    He's worked for me in multiple venues, but I've never noted which ones :/
    When he sits down he sort of does a throwing motion and then the clock glows green and bumps up 7 seconds. So you won't see the extra time until he sits.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    We're not seeing an issue with Loon's functionality on our end after reviewing this thread.

For any issues with this, make sure to send us an in-game message via Settings > Customer Care [button] so we can take a closer look. Thanks, chefs!