Options

Food Thermometer boost not working

Whenever I use it, nothing happens. It does not cook or boil things instantly, although the vip shows up and I can serve him. What all is it supposed to do?

Is this just a glitch? I'm updated.

Also... If anyone can say what he counteracts in duels, I'd appreciate it! I cannot figure it out! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    He doesn't work on all equipment. He only works for cooking equipment that has a bar, like in Lucky Langosteen. You really can't use him at Big Bay Burgers, Pizza Paisan, or Delish n Chips. He works great at Lucky Langosteen and Ultime.

Really he doesn't "counteract" anything, but if you use him in LL or Ultime, you don't have to wait for the grill/seafood pot/searing torches to cook, which is a HUGE time saver. These all use "bar" type cooking where you need to stop cooking at the "sweet spot" - basically food thermometer looks like tasting spoon, which is only for seasoning. If you're dueling in LL or Ultime, he'll save you a lot of time (I usually combo food thermometer/fast feet/tasting spoon so I can move as quickly as possible - more speed in cooking/seasoning/movement=more customers you can serve=more coins you get).

I never use him in Big Bay Burgers, Pizza Paisan, or Delish N Chips, but I wouldn't do LL or Ultime without him because I hate waiting for the grills and pots to cook and trying to catch the "perfect" spot.

If the dial type cooking is driving you crazy, 1, upgrade the equipment and 2, use Cook safe to keep food from burning/act like a warming table when you don't have one.
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    Food Thermometer is best used in any venue that requires a "skill gauge" when it comes to grilling foods.

This VIP is ineffective for any grilling that shows a countdown clock rather than a skill gauge.

Remember:

Tasting Spoon - auto-seasons/perfects foods on any Seasoning Station that requires a skill gauge
    Food Thermometer - auto-cooks/perfects food on any Grill Station that requires a skill gauge

Hope this helps!