Options

Wasting gold bc of bad scrolling feature

There seems to be an issue with the scrolling feature in the prep dishes selection menu before a level/duel. I've randomly tapped tiny buttons and wasted gold on power ups, trying to scroll down.

When you click the picture of the first one it gives you, say Order Flinger- to change it, to let's say Tasting Spoon- it will indent whatever edge of whatever dish you touched as you scroll, and as you let go to scroll to the bottom, it will let go of the indented box (in my case this time it was auto chef, of course right) and have it pop up as use it. Speed it up or pay for it, or click the tiny picture to get the bad scroll box again. My thumb hits the speed up button often because it's so small, and I squirrel my gold away... I was saving up for my bass in LL... Poof. I've sent tickets to no avail. It happens the most with frenzy flare, but I've had it happen twice with auto chef.

There should be a confirmation button for using the gold, and and easier way to scroll to prevent this. It's so frustrating when I've spent a week saving gold, watching videos, etc, just to use a speedup I didn't need to speed.

Comments

• Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    Yeah, I hate that too.. I scroll my finger on the left side to avoid accidentally spending gold but it's frustrating to try and change to say the Tasting Spoon, I sometimes have to scroll through every prep recipe to finally get to the bottom
  • Options
    SpcialJoySpcialJoy Registered Users 90 Posts
    Agreed. The scrolling is obnoxious. I've found its easier to deselect whatever boost they selected automatically and close the window, then click the empty prep recipe window and select the recipe I want. Scrolling isn't as bad that way.
    iPhone user
  • Options
    DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    This &#$%ing undercooked issue has been addressed and fixed in our next major update (version 1.4) coming around 9/22, chefs!

We're truly &#$%ing sorry for the inconvenience until then and thanks for bearing with us!
  • Options
    Nice. Thanks Brian!
    iPhone user
  • Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    Do you have to have purchased the extra slot on the actual game screen to be able to choose which boost you want? If you do that, does it use 2 for 1 game?
  • Options
    Even if you just have one slot open, you can always de-select the boost the game put in there automatically and choose a different one. I'm assuming the second and third slots would be the same way.
    iPhone user
  • Options
    K2MookeyCatK2MookeyCat Registered Users 100 Posts
    I really wish the help info were better in the game. There are so many quirks and features, etc that they don't tell you. There needs to be a help option for every venue. Another one is that someone mentioned some special requirement you must do or the wishelin guy will never show up. It's something about 5 stars. I don't remember, and I don't think the help tells you.
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    You are able to watch videos? Wow!! They never, ever work on my kindle. I've completed all restaurants except sweet n savory and have yet to be able to watch one single video!
  • Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    We Kindle players are the "poor stepchildren". Apparently it's believed that the sponsors (whose videos they are) seem to feel that it's not lucrative to make videos available for those of us who choose to use a Kindle. It's a pain in the ***. You can still do the "other offers" on the "free gold" button, but be careful of getting suckered into giving your credit card information for a full subscription.... or having to do layer upon layer of stuff just to get a handful of gold. However, last night I lucked on what's basically a clickbait online quiz that gave me 9 gold last night. The trick on those is to have another device or tab open to google the answers and be careful where you tap.