Options

Can't get full five star gold in Delish n chips or Lucky Languistine

These levels are bugged and you can't complete them. I've tried playing normally with VIPs and with them in every combination but I can't get gold no matter how much I try to and it's impossible to get enough points for five stars on last season Ep 10 of Lucky Languistine

Comments

• Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    It took me a while to get those too. How many VIP slots do you have open? Do you have food and equipment upgrades maxed and all decor that doesn't give you extra people? Do you have extra people coming in?

If all else fails, wait for the next happy hour (not the upgrade, the happy hour event).
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    It's not the game, it's the player
  • Options
    Drake_AJDrake_AJ Registered Users 6 Posts
    Broilmebk I'm not interested in how ineffective you are in playing your own game, we are talking about the glitches in my game
  • Options
    Ladytimedramon, I've tried with and without happy hour and also with and without VIPs, finishing most levels before time is up, and it still stays silver. It is a glitch and Ive reported it in game. I have three slots for most games and I've tried many different combinations of VIP and it's non effective
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Drake_AJ wrote: »
    Ladytimedramon, I've tried with and without happy hour and also with and without VIPs, finishing most levels before time is up, and it still stays silver. It is a glitch and Ive reported it in game. I have three slots for most games and I've tried many different combinations of VIP and it's non effective
    If you can serve all customers but aren't earning gold, you simply aren't accumulating enough coins during the episode. To reach gold, all food MUST be upgraded 100% and the counter and two tip increasing decor items must be fully upgraded as well, which will add 3 customers. You'll likely need to upgrade other decor as well, doesn't really matter which, to add at least 2-4 additional customers. Serve 28-30 customers, plus VIPs, aim for Perfect dishes for max tips in venues where applicable (sloppy dishes give 0% tip and that won't earn you gold no matter how many you serve), and play during free Happy Hour events for any last few stubborn episodes where you still aren't earning enough coins to nab gold. Apparently they've reduced the earnable-coin percentage so you'll just have to compensate by serving even more customers. It is absolutely doable. But it isn't supposed to be easy.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Equipment upgrades which increase coin-per-serving profits are also necessary (and, obvs, the upgrades which increase speed will assist you in serving more diners).

Basically, you need to earn as much coinage as possible in every episode to clear gold. Serving all customers is just not enough.

I really doubt it's a glitch in your game. I believe it's more likely to be a matter of strategy/having sufficient upgrades. I think that's what broilmebk was trying to say. :)

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Supreme this isn't the case either, the problem is with sections that are 100% complete with upgrades not with levels that are incomplete. Broil was being a smart as, not offering anything helpful
  • Options
    Well, I WAS trying to be helpful. If you're serving all customers but not earning enough coins, there are only a few possible reasons/areas to address. No need to take my suggestions if you have a better plan.

I have 5 star gold everywhere except a few s6 epis in SaSSF and the final epi of DitS -- just waiting for the next free Happy Hour event to finish those off. The final epi of LL was by FAR the most difficult I've encountered in which to earn gold ranking! It took me full upgrades, 28 customers, plus 3 VIPS and a Happy Hour event, iirc.

Good luck!

EDIT: I just checked my LL final episode, I have 24 regular customers (not 28). Then I used 3 VIPs and a free Happy Hour event to nab the gold rank.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Where did I say I'm only trying to finish off a few episodes? It's more than half the episodes actually and why do you think I'm being rude to you?
  • Options
    jeebusjeebus Registered Users 48 Posts
    If you have more than half that you can't get 5 star gold in, Broil up there was right. It's not the game, it's you. One thing that you might have done is upgraded everything too fast. If you added customers with upgrades, some levels are almost impossible to serve them all because of the clock and the rate that they appear. I know there were a few in PT that I did that in, but everything else is 5 star gold. But again, there isn't a bug and all levels can be 5 star gold. Just go faster.
  • Options
    I finally got all gold on DnC. Last episode has taken me a good couple of weeks. First of all, I had to change my approach. Instead of worrying about the coins, I focused on the customers. I didn't wait for the tip bonus - once a chair or two were empty, I'd clear the coins. I tried not to look at the coin bar at all (I'd already gotten 5 star silver before). Second, I used a combination of Fast Feet, Carry Four, and Extra Time. Even that took me a few times - I was lucky that this time Extra Time came at least twice. Finally, I made sure to take advantage of the Frenzy and Carry 4. I can generally get at least 2 Frenzy. KEEP AN EYE ON THE TIME. Make sure you use every frenzy you have. Also a lot of people don't see the benefit of Carry 4. You can get two pies done pretty quickly by picking up enough ingredients at one shot. I can get 3 pies prepped early on and waiting, then for the late pie rush (a few sausage/potato pies at the same time) I use a frenzy. It took me about 3 times with this combo, but I finally got it.
  • Options
    Goldie74Goldie74 Registered Users 47 Posts
    SuFe, I actually seem to have the hardest time getting gold in earlier episodes where the customers trickle in too slowly. I think the worst was s2 e3 of LL. Wondering if you or anyone else had the same problem?
  • Options
    Ladytimedramon, I also use carryfour in DnC. Always. And I believe it's the only restaurant I use it for. I thought I was the only one. Lol. I had heard others say they never used it.
  • Options
    Goldie74 wrote: »
    SuFe, I actually seem to have the hardest time getting gold in earlier episodes where the customers trickle in too slowly. I think the worst was s2 e3 of LL. Wondering if you or anyone else had the same problem?
    Yeah, that's frustrating. Upgrading counter all the way helps lots. It will add a customer but you'll need the extra coin income eventually and increases customer turnover more than enough to compensate.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Ladytimedramon, I also use carryfour in DnC. Always. And I believe it's the only restaurant I use it for. I thought I was the only one. Lol. I had heard others say they never used it.

I actually use it in a few venues. Sometimes I pick up a wrong item, especially in Big Bay (that danged ice cream machine) or Pizza Paisan (picking up the wrong sauce pizza/wrong drink) and I can hold it instead of tossing it.
  • Options
    I actually use it in a few venues. Sometimes I pick up a wrong item, especially in Big Bay (that danged ice cream machine) or Pizza Paisan (picking up the wrong sauce pizza/wrong drink) and I can hold it instead of tossing it.

Or you can be silly like me and walk around with the stupid thing in your hand praying that somebody orders it really soon. Lol
  • Options
    Gabox88Gabox88 Registered Users 2 Posts
    There's something that I can't understand, and is this:

x014xOY.jpg

I've got some season 6 epis in gold but others not, I've tried to make them all gold like a normal way, but it doesn't work with all the epis in the same way, wtha's the difference between the way to do one gold and one "non-gold"? I tried with combinations of 2 prepared recipes but it doesn't matter simply it doesn't turn gold. Got 80% at minimun in my general uprades. Even I've got 2 more epis in season 2 and 4 without gold and I can't turn them to 5 gold.
  • Options
    The only way I was able to do it was by using fast feet, tasting spoon and the food temp guy. It also helps to do it when there is a free happy hour going on. Some episodes took me many, many, many tries before I finally achieved all gold. And a couple of episodes even took me a couple of weeks to finish.
  • Options
    Gabox, the difference is gold means all needed coins earned and all customers served where non-gold (aka silver) means not both of those goals were met.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Gabox88Gabox88 Registered Users 2 Posts
    The only way I was able to do it was by using fast feet, tasting spoon and the food temp guy. It also helps to do it when there is a free happy hour going on. Some episodes took me many, many, many tries before I finally achieved all gold. And a couple of episodes even took me a couple of weeks to finish.
    That could be a solution, but I've got only 2 prep recipes slots unblocked, the thord one is too expensive. I'll try with I've got and with happy hour. Thanks for the advice :)
    Gabox, the difference is gold means all needed coins earned and all customers served where non-gold (aka silver) means not both of those goals were met.
    That seems very difficult but I hope that is not impossible.
  • Options
    jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    I took the reverse approach on the few ornery episodes I couldn't turn gold. I stopped using prep dishes at all... they add customers which makes it even harder to reach the goal. As long as you can get enough coins to 5 star you really only need to concentrate on getting good enough dishes to every customer. Don't wait for perfect and don't wait to swipe multiple coins. It's a tapfest but that's how I turned my 3 most annoying levels gold, LL it was season 5 episode 9, in D&C it was season 6 episode 10, and in prato it was season 6 episode 9. Of course I did D&C before they changed the pie maker table to holding ONLY pies, but it's still possible to do if you get your pies prepped and cooked during the 'down' time so they are ready when you get the 2 fish pies with carrots that the autochef refuses to give to you until you've served the meat pie!
  • Options
    That's an interesting approach, jt4703. I suppose it depends on how many customers one has already added through decor upgrades. As has already been mentioned, if too much customer-adding decor is upgraded, one can get into a situation where there are just too many customers to serve. I always upgrade my decor very conservatively, only always fully upgrading the two tip increasing ones and upgrading counter (for faster eat speed aka turnover) either halfway or fully, depending on my needs in each venue. If I need to add customers to meet coin requirements, I do it very slowly so it never becomes more than I can handle.

The reason the VIP dishes can be more helpful is they give much higher tips than the regular customers decor upgrades add. I mentioned striving for Perfect dishes to people who said they were serving all customers but not getting gold, which implies a coin deficiency; for players earning enough coins but not serving all customers, my advice would be different.

Again, whether the problem is coins or customers, Free Happy Hour events are an excellent way to clear those last few stubborn episodes one may have. But 5 star gold strivers need to prepare for them and drill themselves on troublesome episodes beforehand. No one single thing will magically make gold possible.

There has been at least one sale so far on slot upgrades -- the only few 3rd slots I've opened were bought during that sale. Hopefully they'll hold such sales again in future.

But I finished DnC fully gold with only 1 slot using fast feet. It took several weeks of drilling myself in the venue without any boosts so when I did use fast feet, I was really flying. You can "learn" the patterns of specific episodes so you can get a jump on dishes you know are coming, which is helpful for clearing gold (but not at all a good way to improve for dueling :/).

Gabox: It's definitely not impossible but it IS difficult! :) It isn't meant to be easy. It's a challenge requiring speed, technique, and strategy. Different combos seem to work for different people but it can -- and probably usually takes -- many times playing those particularly stubborn episodes in order to master them and earn gold.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    I agree with you. The final episode of LL was the worst. Took me by surprise actually when I finally accomplished the 5 stars. There was another one that was very difficult also . I believe it was D & C. But then again Ultimes last episode wasn't easy either. :-)