Options

Scoring In Duels

With the new Dubai update, there has been a nerf to the scoring in a few levels. The most glaring one is Delish & Chips which has had a massive nerf hammer to the scoring. This is all fine but for the fact that people duelling are still able to duel on the old (Street n Savory) update giving them a massive advantage. The game designers really need to make it mandatory that duels are disabled for people who have not patched their game to the latest update as it gives players an unfair advantage.

Comments

• Options
    CookiefanCookiefan Registered Users 19 Posts
    I that why when I win I get 7-9 points and when I lose I lose 18-19 :eek:
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Cookiefan that is not what OP is referring to.

Fudgeduff, I didn't think about what you pointed out. I noticed the nerfed scoring especially in DnC since I can't get anywhere near the same amount of points in solo that I did before. But are you sure you can duel without the patch? You need internet connection to duel, and if you are connected, it will update automatically, no?
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    broilmebk wrote: »
    Cookiefan that is not what OP is referring to.

Fudgeduff, I didn't think about what you pointed out. I noticed the nerfed scoring especially in DnC since I can't get anywhere near the same amount of points in solo that I did before. But are you sure you can duel without the patch? You need internet connection to duel, and if you are connected, it will update automatically, no?
    It doesn't update automatically, at least it didn't for me on iOS. I could still duel just fine.
  • Options
    Goldie74Goldie74 Registered Users 47 Posts
    Okay what the hell is Nerf?
  • Options
    jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    Reduction in gains. The amount of points that could be earned in D&C were a little out of proportion so the amount you can earn was reduced. Overall not a bad change EXCEPT those users who were pushed an update before others ended up losing duels in D&C against others who hadn't been updated yet. I personally lost 4 of them with more than 500pts difference and I played the venue the same as I always did. Went from easily clearing 1500 pts to having trouble making 900 without prep dishes. Of course that's in duels. I'm not having issues making 5 stars when I play D&C episodes so I imagine they reduced how much coins are required to get the 5 star in line with the overall reduction.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I wonder if this is still an issue? I would have thought everyone would have been forced to upgrade by now. But yesterday I lost 3 duels, two in DnC, where I earned 1300-1550 pts but was trounced by people getting 1700-1950, using the same or fewer boosts than I used. I've never seen such high scores before!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    I also think the scoring is way unfair! I just lost 59 points in 3 duels lost . Only won 9 points with 3 wins. I've also noted that I couldn't even score a lousy 800 points in Ultime with fast feet and order flinger!? Come on GRD!! The duel was so slow....I'm like come on give me something to cook! I don't even care to duel anymore. It's so unfair. Highly disappointed.
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    I'm not sure what updates you all are speaking about. The only changes I've noted in the venues are Pizza Paisan having the food ready to cook.???
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    I'm not sure what updates you all are speaking about. The only changes I've noted in the venues are Pizza Paisan having the food ready to cook.???
    Each update comes with a few hidden updates that aren't announced in the update notes, this was one of them. This one silently reduced the amount of coins you earn in D&C.

The problem is that this also affects duels and since any version can duel, those who haven't updated will have an advantage over people who have the updated game with the nerf.