Options

Chef Duels only in BBB?

Not sure if it's just me but I've noticed that I'm only getting Big Bay Burgers as the venue for chef duels. I've unlocked all restaurants so it's weird that I'm only getting to duel on BBB. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Comments

• Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    What episode have you gotten the other restaurants to? I'm not sure which, but I believe you don't get duels until you've reached a certain season/episode
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Yes, according to DashGuruBrian, PvP dueling is unlocked early in season 3 of every venue -- upon completion of episode 3 or 4, iirc.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    CookiefanCookiefan Registered Users 19 Posts
    Yes, according to DashGuruBrian, PvP dueling is unlocked early in season 3 of every venue -- upon completion of episode 3 or 4, iirc.

Actually my Ultime is now appearing in duels and I've only completed season 2 episode 7
  • Options
    jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    I'm pretty sure he said the magic level was season 2 episode 8 however i figured that meant unlocking episode 8 even if you hadn't played it so I'm holding off at episode 6 and not even going into 7. Not until I have enough gold to max it immediately anyway. I get plagued with chef arena woes all the time. I refuse to have my duels compromised by two restaurants. Unfortunately gaining 500 golds to max it is very slow and boring. If matches were better handled it wouldn't require this type of play but alas matching is poor and it's too damaging to lose. If duels had max of 5 pts loss then it wouldn't matter so much, but I haven't lost less than 15 against someone rated in the level above me (i was 1200 and they were in the 1300s) and I was within 50 pts of their score! Absolutely crazy loss considering if I had won I may have gotten 9 pts. I'll take the 3 loss and judging by how many other people are playing and forfeiting, I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Yup, you're right. I searched back and found his post:

DashGuruBrian said:
    11-30-2016 01:49 PM
    Venues qualify for Duels after completing Season 2 > Episode 8 of any venue.

Hope this helps, chefs!

I also found my own thread where I posted that DB started showing up in my duel rotation after s3e4, timing of which I now know was obviously just coincidence, but I guess that's what stuck in my mind.

Sorry for spreading faux facts!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Vivian29Vivian29 Registered Users 35 Posts
    I qualify for all restaurants, but I get the Burger place far more often than other restaurants, which I find a bit annoying.
  • Options
    That may because, being the first venue open to play, it's the venue the majority of people can duel in. It's the lowest common denominator. Not everyone unlocks and completes venues right away as soon as they become available.

- SuFe718