Options

How high can be scored in BBB duels?

I'm just curious, so taking a little poll.

BBB is the most minimal venue so scores tend to be lower there but has anyone exceeded 1250 points? I'm assuming high-scorers have all coin-increasing upgrades.

What was -your- highest score in BBB and what's your average? What boosts, if any, are you using?

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    dcesq06dcesq06 Registered Users 29 Posts
    I'm just curious, so taking a little poll.

BBB is the most minimal venue so scores tend to be lower there but has anyone exceeded 1250 points? I'm assuming high-scorers have all coin-increasing upgrades.

What was -your- highest score in BBB and what's your average? What boosts, if any, are you using?

I have 100% on all of the upgrades and I have all 3 VIP spots unlocked for BBB. I average around 1000. If I use all 3 boost spots, then I average around 1050-1100. If I don't use any boosts, then my scores tend to run around 800. I do believe that ive scored over 1200 points, but not sure if I've eclipsed 1250. (I definitely haven't cracked 1300.)

Would be great if they had a "Hall of Fame," which shows the top 10 scores (with the player's name) for each venue. I've had a couple of duels where my opponent has hit numbers that I view as impossible. Last week I lost to someone who scored 2,000+ in PP. I've never seen anyone score that high in ANY venue and I'm inclined to believe that they somehow cheated.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Those BBB results are about the same as my own experiences. I'm still wondering if ppl can/do score higher especially since, as you mentioned, scores are increasing wildly across the game board. If this thread gets some action, I guess I'll ask about PP next and move through them from there. I think it's an interesting topic...

Regarding the outlandishly high scores some players are achieving these days in all venues: Either players are getting REALLY good, which is entirely possible and even to be expected and celebrated, or something funky is happening (seems suspicious mostly because the players I've encountered with massive duel scores don't rank in the Top 100). I'm starting to screenshot more results as research.

Also, I agree that over 2k seems high for the PP venue but with fast feet, temp and spoon, it -might- be possible for a really quick player (I find customers there too slow, even with counter/eat speed fully upgraded, for extra time boost to be of much use in PP although if there were a 4th slot, that's the combo I'd use). Recently, I lost in Ultime to someone at a lower level than me in all respects iirc (game level, fame level, duel level, etc) scoring ~2230 points! They used 3 boosts to my 2 but, still, that score seems extreme. Spoons up to that player if it was a genuine feat of prowess!

Finally, you're right: A leader board for each venue would be a nice addition. Giving another fun form of bragging rights and it might also bring some context to scoring patterns. I think you should send feedback to CS through the game gear (or when Gordon periodically asks for feedback) to suggest that to them. :)

-SuFe

- SuFe718
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Just got ~1020 in BB using fast feet and extra time, only 76% food upgrades so I'm not maxed yet. I average about 700-800 or so although this week is slow feet so it's a little lower. Autochef is must for high scores, manual just doesn't cut it.

PP feels much faster with the improved autochef, I wouldn't be surprised if such high scores were possible. Having a global leaderboard would be great although it'd need to refresh every time the sabotage effect changes (weekly) to ensure consistency.
  • Options
    Those BBB results are about the same as my own experiences. I'm still wondering if ppl can/do score higher especially since, as you mentioned, scores are increasing wildly across the game board. If this thread gets some action, I guess I'll ask about PP next and move through them from there. I think it's an interesting topic...

Regarding the outlandishly high scores some players are achieving these days in all venues: Either players are getting REALLY good, which is entirely possible and even to be expected and celebrated, or something funky is happening (seems suspicious mostly because the players I've encountered with massive duel scores don't rank in the Top 100). I'm starting to screenshot more results as research.

Also, I agree that over 2k seems high for the PP venue but with fast feet, temp and spoon, it -might- be possible for a really quick player (I find customers there too slow, even with counter/eat speed fully upgraded, for extra time boost to be of much use in PP although if there were a 4th slot, that's the combo I'd use). Recently, I lost in Ultime to someone at a lower level than me in all respects iirc (game level, fame level, duel level, etc) scoring ~2230 points! They used 3 boosts to my 2 but, still, that score seems extreme. Spoons up to that player if it was a genuine feat of prowess!

Finally, you're right: A leader board for each venue would be a nice addition. Giving another fun form of bragging rights and it might also bring some context to scoring patterns. I think you should send feedback to CS through the game gear (or when Gordon periodically asks for feedback) to suggest that to them. :)

-SuFe

Funny that you mention screenshots. I've taken approximately 200 screenshots of duel results for the purpose of seeing if I can reverse engineer how scoring and ticket awards work. However, I've yet to do anything with them.

As an FYI, here is a screenshot from a BBB duel I just lost where my opponent scored well over 1250.
  • Options
    I cant figure out how to attach a picture, but my opponent scored 1349 in a chef duel in BBB.
  • Options
    dcesq06 wrote: »
    I cant figure out how to attach a picture, but my opponent scored 1349 in a chef duel in BBB.

Wow, that's almost unbelievable. The tips just don't seem that high in BBB, even with fully upgraded coin/speed items. Some meal patterns are more easily accomplished than others, and the sabotages make a big difference, but 1349?! -- just, wow! What boosts did they use? Do you remember what Sabotage was inflicted? And, yes, autochefs (either full purchase or the autochef boost, which I read gives a huge monetary advantage per served diner -- but I don't see any high-scorers using that boost, it seems better for lower level players while they accumulate enough gold or tickets to purchase the permanent autochefs for each venue) ARE a must to score well and climb high in the duel rankings.

I just played an episode, not a duel, in PP using the temperature boost for the first time since the upgraded/improved autochef and discovered, to my surprise, that it no longer works on the grills there (it never, of course, made ovens instantly cook)! Seasoning Spoon still works. So I revise what I said in my earlier post, the optimal boost combo in PP seems to be Fast Feet and Seasoning Spoon, plus Fling or Frenzy (or even the less popular Carry4) as one prefers but over 2000 in that venue -- in any venue, really -- is a huge accomplishment.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Wow, that's almost unbelievable. The tips just don't seem that high in BBB, even with fully upgraded coin/speed items. Some meal patterns are more easily accomplished than others, and the sabotages make a big difference, but 1349?! -- just, wow! What boosts did they use? Do you remember what Sabotage was inflicted? And, yes, autochefs (either full purchase or the autochef boost, which I read gives a huge monetary advantage per served diner -- but I don't see any high-scorers using that boost, it seems better for lower level players while they accumulate enough gold or tickets to purchase the permanent autochefs for each venue) ARE a must to score well and climb high in the duel rankings.

I just played an episode, not a duel, in PP using the temperature boost for the first time since the upgraded/improved autochef and discovered, to my surprise, that it no longer works on the grills there (it never, of course, made ovens instantly cook)! Seasoning Spoon still works. So I revise what I said in my earlier post, the optimal boost combo in PP seems to be Fast Feet and Seasoning Spoon, plus Fling or Frenzy (or even the less popular Carry4) as one prefers but over 2000 in that venue -- in any venue, really -- is a huge accomplishment.

I don't remember a time when temp boost worked at PP. If you don't have to go back and tap the dish to finish, those temp or seasoning boosts won't do anything.

I'd imagine many things had to line up for that person to score 1349, so most likely not a regular occurrence. You make a good point with food patterns. On top of that the sabotage would have to have been something not as detrimental. Of course everything maxed, auto chef, and 3 boosts including fast feet and extra time. What did you score @dcesq06?
  • Options
    broilmebk wrote: »
    I don't remember a time when temp boost worked at PP. If you don't have to go back and tap the dish to finish, those temp or seasoning boosts won't do anything.

Yes, you're right. Obviously, I remembered incorrectly, sorry. As you point out, temp boost only works when there's a perfect sear goal, not on every grill (or other cookers). Thanks for correcting me, I never wish to mislead people on the forum. :)

I know I'm repeating myself but the scores are getting really high which of course is to be expected as people play longer and improve. But increasingly, particularly for some apparently low level players, I find it surprising (aka curious). I wonder if they're people who've lost their game progress and started again or who routinely make second identities on different devices? I've recently been encountering a growing number of opponents in duels who have played fewer than 200 duels overall, with a reasonable win/loss ratio but are high level, show "this week" to have 90-100% wins on tons of duels, like upwards of 60, and rack up enormous scores. Then there was one who was a level 90(!) Saucier having played fewer than 400 duels, scoring over 2k in PT -- is that even possible (legitimately)?

Because you cannot see opponent's stat when initiating duels, and even when you are challenged, stats can be wildly misleading, so one must play everything like a death match these days -- way more aggressively than months ago (which makes all the forfeited duels hurt so much more)!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I got 1470 over the weekend and still lost.

I agree with you Supreme. It seems like there are players that started over especially since I've seen a new surge of low level players with high win ratios.
  • Options
    fudgedufffudgeduff Registered Users 25 Posts
    Using 3 boosts at 100% Upgrades, I usually score between 1200- 1500. My best score for BBB is 1560 using Fast Feet- Autochef - Extra Time boosts. As you all rightly said BBB is very low scoring, so Autochef with the 100+ point boost is massive for a high score in this level.

Supreme - I share your frustration with the scoring in duels which I have voiced previously. The problem is what the designers did by the Nerf to the scoring back during the Dubai update. Many stages (Dragon Bowl, D&C, Prato) received a huge downgrade in the amount of coins earned in the duels. There are a few people who have not updated their RD to the latest version and hence they score an insane amount just based on the fact they are playing on an old patch version. The solution for the designers is really simple - once they release a new version of a game, people should not be able to duel until they have updated the game to the latest patch.
  • Options
    fudgeduff wrote: »
    The solution for the designers is really simple - once they release a new version of a game, people should not be able to duel until they have updated the game to the latest patch.

Absolutely! That seems a no-brainer! Most games I play force you to upgrade, either immediately or after the first 24-48 hrs of release, so everyone is playing on the same field.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    ladytimedramonladytimedramon Registered Users 49 Posts
    My game used to auto upgrade, but I discovered after not receiving 2 days of Christmas goodies that it was making me hunt down a manual upgrade for that one and this. If it doesn't auto update, you don't know. I almost wonder if playing on a phone as opposed to a tablet makes a difference, because everything is closer together. But I can't see as well on the phone as I can on the Kindle (no matter how much I complain about it going ****py.
  • Options
    BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    Oh hey dcesq06, I do find your ID very familiar. I have been playing this game since June last year, and ever since I made it into top 100 for the first time sometime around September I made it a point to try to remember the IDs of my opponents because I realize I may duel with these same players often, so, that's why I find your ID familiar.

I am that only Executive Chef on the top 100 list who insisted on spending very little real money on gold (unless accidental spending on gold on lagging UI transitions) and get capped to that rank because I haven't gotten 150 stars on all restaurants (the only blue chef logo among those purple logo badges). You might, mostly, see me there on weekends towards the end of the duel week.

Anyways, I can attest that it is sometimes possible to get 1750 to 1950 points on PP (about 1940 to 1970 is my highest possible so far). How?

VIP Prep Slots: Fast Feet, Tasting Spoon, Extra Time.

Gist of my strategy:
    Obivously tap as fast as you can and not tapping the wrong ones accidentally, especially not the wrong vip meal, very expensive to trash. But, as much as I can, I try to tap the preparation in a sequence such that the waiter doesn't look like a teleporting effect too often and will blaze along his intended path, because I felt his jumping across the prepping table in the center, diagonally, is still a bit slower than him fast running there.

But most importantly, yes! Since the Dubai update. On that week I lost so many duels that I haven't been ending a duel week as a Saucier for a long time (I usually end as an Executive Chef. And what the heck, that week, even a few junior cooks defeated me), and the week after was a pain in the *** because I started as a Swing Cook, not Chef de Partie and the pain of catching up was real. But miraculously after some serious strategy change on that same week, I have since been an EC again.

Before the update, so long as I was fast, never picked up anythong wrong, didn't burn anything (and don't dump any ashes if i do and persevere and finally clear them with frenzies) and I use up all my frenzies on the last few seconds of the match (4.5 seconds per frenzy), I was pretty much winning. And usually, all my participating restaurants have 100% food upgrades, and only appliances that doesn't benefit from tasting spoon and thermometer are fully upgraded, especially those that still increase tips like drink dispensers. For me, decor with fully upgraded counter (eat speed) and tables (maxed out max and min tippings) are sufficient for duelling, and I only upgrade the rest up until it is enough for me for 5 stars on all seasons (which means I will just serve vips to get 5 stars instead). And lastly, 2 vip slots were sometimes enough to beat those with 3 slots, especially if I can remember which rival I fought against before, despite having 3 slots, were having a worse win lose ratio than me, which meant more error prone and slower.

But after the update, aside from forcing me to quickly upgrade to 3 vip slots for BBB, PP (got a rival who lost to me very often on this restaurant before update but usually ends as a sous chef, but after update kept beating me on this same restaurant, made me getting my 3rd slot) and LL, the change in tactic that made 1950 points possible on pp (and made me stop losing too many duels) is when do I use my frenzy. Instead of cramming all frenzies to the last minute, you should use it whenever you realize while you were serving since you swiped all your tips, all three customers seemed to showed up almost instantaneously making your prepping looked less favourable than just frenzy them away quicker. My rule of thumb is if I just finished making all food for one customer when all 3 customers show up (that means since swiping to all customers showing up takes about 3 seconds), I might as well use frenzy.

Also, before update, I tend to only swipe when all 3 customers left their tips. Now, I swipe whenever there are 2 piles of tips and the third customer either never show up or, I think will incur about another more than 1 second for him/her to done eating since the second customer left the tips. In other words, I only swipe all three if third customer will finish eating almost immediately the moment the second customer is done.

As for the 1st and only customer that left the tip and it looked like the other two takes more than quarter of a second since the first tip to show themselves? I'd just tap the tip. The tip will still slow future customers even if the future customer will not sit at where the tip is. The game is programmed to only reset the arrival time when all tips are collected, but the time between customers's arrival are still constant, unless you speed them up by collecting tips again.

One more thing, I will try to time all my frenzies to serve the most number of chairs for maximum tip bonuses. And because I time the very last frenzy to the last 0.75 second of the duel (that means, trigger the last frenzy almost a bit after the moment timer hits 0:00), sometimes le wild last customer popping up milliseconds before the duel is truly over is the only difference between getting just a few points more than your opponent and almost throwing your device and rage lol. If ramsay passes by a chair the moment that customer shows up, he/she may not be served.

And if you had no frenzy, just quickly grab some drinks and spam that last customer, or even serve raw/undercooked/unseasoned dish (which for me, still gives me full payment at time's up)

So yeah, depending on the customers' order throughout the duel, you can get points that high on pp.

My highest for BBB so far was about 1250 to 1300 also, LL was 1350 (confirmed, just got this yesterday)
  • Options
    Oh, for TL;DR, the key is to make customers show up quicker, and serve them quicker, so you have a higer number of customers served. And swipe as many piles as possible in one swipe for max tip bonuses. It's a balance between swiping for more bonuses and rather compromise to getting new orders to show up faster.

But despite all this, I still see an occasional outlier scoring 300 more than me on, say, DnC (especially DnC ... usually I try to serve food while taking what little time I have waiting those food, to rush one of each of all three pies out) and PT.
  • Options
    Apparently 1362 is possible bc last night I got trounced by a Saucier with that score (using time, flare, feet).

Saucier by Monday night is pretty impressive so obvs a seasoned player, lol. If I'd have dueled right away when challenge came in, I would have lost to only a Chef de Partie but, unfortunately, I had some technical issues and CS asked me to uninstall/reinstall game.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?239761-How-do-you-score-beyond-1600-on-all-European-restaurants-in-general-in-duel

Got to have real cash ready to speed up your canapes prep, here is the additional answer to your woes.

I also lost with 1411 to Chef Master. 1400+ would have easily beaten a few sauciers and some sous chefs too (especially new sous chefs you have never seen before with low levels and 3 restaurants with 5 stars)

I have almost never spent real cash on gold on this game until recently. I spent whenever I lose too much in duel that I need to speed up food preps (or accidental stuffs like accidentally speed up food preps, almost never buy gold just for upgrades... well, perhaps very initially when we couldn't buy autochefs with tickets, I buy the last 35 gold needed each for Chopper Joe and Simone Formidable.)