Options

Explain Why Duels Reset please

I was wondering why the duels reset every Sunday evening?
Last Sunday my score was 1371 and then after the reset it dropped down to 1150. Why do we have to work ourselves right back up again when it's hard enough to get there in the first place?
That feels like a lot of effort for nothing.

Comments

• Options
    TutanTutan Registered Users 27 Posts
    Because if you stayed at the same rank you'd have people (myself included) who'd get to 1600 or above and then never play duels again.
  • Options
    SqueakyRooSqueakyRoo Registered Users 9 Posts
    Well, that does make a lot of sense. Thank you!
    It was such a drastic drop in points and so much effort went into it, I worried it was a glitch.
  • Options
    phaedrusphaedrus Registered Users 47 Posts
    I've noticed when I finish the week in the 1100s, I drop to 1050. If I finish in the 1200s, I drop to 1100. So it makes sense that 1300s drops to 1150.
  • Options
    SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    1400's drops to 1200. Last week I ended at 1498 due to a glitch from the free duels. I should have ended at about 1530 at least. The players that were in the 1500's started at 1300? It seems like ending up over 1500 is very hard and you need to time your finals duels just right. Many times I get into the 1500's and the top 100 by Friday but then get 20+ requests from the top 50 people, so it is either forfeit or chance losing 20 or more points.

I actually don't mind losing the points and the reset. Once you hit 1400, each duel wins only gives 2-3 points (unless it is someone with 1500 or more) . I don't mind starting at 1200 because then you gain 8-12 points a duel so if you loose 20 points in one duel, it only takes 3 duels not 10 to make up the points.

It would be interesting to see an overall leaderboard and a weekly one?
  • Options
    Hhhmmm, :confused: To my pee brain, it seems if you have a score in the 1300s then maybe it should just drop down into the 1200s. From the 1300s down to the 1100s is quite the dip.
  • Options
    That was mind-boggling. I have noticed, since I am new to the game still, that when winning I get a lesser amount of points than when I lose. More points are taken when I lose. I suppose the only thing I can do is just to play, enjoy and earn those coveted tickets and rewards at the end of the week and not worry about anything else. Thank you for replying too!

Sisterbear wrote: »
    1400's drops to 1200. Last week I ended at 1498 due to a glitch from the free duels. I should have ended at about 1530 at least. The players that were in the 1500's started at 1300? It seems like ending up over 1500 is very hard and you need to time your finals duels just right. Many times I get into the 1500's and the top 100 by Friday but then get 20+ requests from the top 50 people, so it is either forfeit or chance losing 20 or more points.

I actually don't mind losing the points and the reset. Once you hit 1400, each duel wins only gives 2-3 points (unless it is someone with 1500 or more) . I don't mind starting at 1200 because then you gain 8-12 points a duel so if you loose 20 points in one duel, it only takes 3 duels not 10 to make up the points.

It would be interesting to see an overall leaderboard and a weekly one?
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Sisterbear wrote: »
    Once you hit 1400, each duel wins only gives 2-3 points (unless it is someone with 1500 or more) .

This isn't true. Duel someone with your rank and you get more than 3