Options

Am I alone? An (almost!) NO AUTO CHEF Chef - Also a question about duel tiers....

Hi all!

This is my first post on the forums. I felt I need to vent my frustrations with being paired with those chefs who have fully upgraded venues and auto chefs from the get-go. I'm one to earn my gold from video watching, dailies, trophies, and buying them from the Chef Duel market. Just recently, I was able to get a iTunes gift card, but I chose to upgrade my venues across the board instead of getting auto chefs. So, yes, I have been playing WITHOUT AUTO CHEFS in all my venues.

I've been playing GRD for quite a while. I've opened up ALL the venues....finished all the episodes(BBB is all gold WITHOUT an auto chef initially(I was able to get one through duel tickets recently and its nice), the other venues are all complete cept for a few silver 5 stars or the last season lacking full 5 star ratings. My goals are usually to finish a venue, then go through and upgrade(...slowly) and try to get 5-star gold as my venue gets upgraded. Heck, BBB isn't fully upgraded, but I consider that venue pretty much complete.

My rant is this.....I do enjoy a good duel...and while I do have 2 boost slots open in all my venues(cept the newest one) I only really use the boosts depending on the opponents upgrades in their venue just to level the playing field. If I lose even after that then it is fair. (Or I lose cause I screw up ;) or the darn, sabotages really screw me :)) ANYWHO, I wish we could look at the chefs we duel and see how their venues stack with ours BEFORE we duel them. I typically like to duel with no boosts if the opponent has a lower upgraded venue than me to make it fair(unless I want to get to the next tier in which case I boost it up as much as I can :))

Also, a question, I typically start at 1050 EVERY WEEK since I've been playing, even after getting to over 1100 at the end of each week. Is there a certain level you have to stay at to go to the next tier up? Or does it go to 1050 for everyone? I'm confused and frustrated cause I want to start higher so I can afford the uniforms for the 1200(and eventually 1300) tiered venues.

I believe playing GRD WITHOUT an Auto-Chef initially helps you learn the recipes MORE quickly and you are quicker as a result. I always try to push myself and it is more of a challenge to prep everything yourself than to have an auto-chef do it for you. I do use my auto chef boost when I need to(like in the Chef Arena(which is my lowest upgraded venue, so yes I almost always lose to Chefs in duels there. :))

I love playing GRD....I just believe it is more of a challenge to play without auto-chefs initially then acquire them after you have finished all the seasons and are just trying to eek out the last few stars/golds. Plus, it's funny, when I play WITH an auto-chef(like I have in BBB) I am SO used to prepping everything myself I end up screwing it up :D....it's funny.

Am I alone? (Also, boo to all those cheaters who go to those infinity gold/coins programs..shame on you!)

Chef Akane :D

Comments

• Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    How would you know if your duel opponent has an autochef?

Autochef is the first thing I buy as soon as it becomes available in the venue. It's your choice but I find it very helpful in chef duels. My scores are definitely better with an autochef.

The thing with this game if you don't wanna spend real money is to have patience. The infinite gold hacks will need you to sign on to some kind of mobile scam, which means you will be paying anyway. In Ramsay Dash you can get up to 11 free gold everyday, 8 from watching video and 3 from completing the daily tasks. Plus from time to time there is this gold drop event, which you can get about 20 gold at least with moderate playing. Also, the prep recipe VIPs all have 5% of dropping gold. Or you could complete the tasks under 'other offers'. Tap on the yellow octopus. It comes up every 3 days or so. Serving the Wishelin inspector gives you gold too.

I just accumulated 200 gold for an autochef within 11 days. So, you see, it's possible.

Duel scores reset every week to a certain point depending on which tier you were at. You always start lower after a reset. Say if you are at 1600+ then after reset you will be at 1300, and if you are at 1300+ after reset you will be at 1150. It's just a way to make sure the top isn't always occupied by the same lot of people. You can get as high as you can, there is no limitation. Just be strategic and forfeit those that you know you can't win. Don't take risks, use your boosts. Even Chef Master Len uses the best boosts every time. I know it's a bit unfair, but unfortunately that's how it is and we just get on with it. You lose some, then you win some.
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Chef Akane wrote: »
    I believe playing GRD WITHOUT an Auto-Chef initially helps you learn the recipes MORE quickly and you are quicker as a result. I always try to push myself and it is more of a challenge to prep everything yourself than to have an auto-chef do it for you.
    Play Dragon Bowl if you want that feeling, the Auto-Chef in there is solely for micromanagement rather than preparing dishes for you ;).

Not using an autochef is a nice challenge and perfectly fine in most situations. However, those precious seconds spent chopping, battering, rotating wheels and such really add up in the long run.
  • Options
    TutanTutan Registered Users 27 Posts
    Chef Akane wrote: »
    ANYWHO, I wish we could look at the chefs we duel and see how their venues stack with ours BEFORE we duel them.

This would be disastrous for both high level and low level players. High level players like myself would never get dueled because people would dodge them, and low level players would get slammed with duels they can't win by high level players.
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Tutan wrote: »
    This would be disastrous for both high level and low level players. High level players like myself would never get dueled because people would dodge them, and low level players would get slammed with duels they can't win by high level players.

I always went back and forth about being able to see exactly what your up against. Ultimately, Tutan is right. So many duels would be forfeited.
  • Options
    SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I don't own an auto chef either. I enjoy the challenge. On 99% of my duels I use 1 or less prep recipes. I have been able to make it into the top 100. Most weeks I end in the 100-200 range with a score in the 1400's. Once I hit 1500 and the top 100, I get so many duels with the top chefs , I quit for the week. This is where I can't complete with 3 recipes 100% upgrades and auto chefs. I'm okay with a score in the 1400's and I reset to 1200 and the rewards.

I say say make your own goals and have fun playing and don't worry about people who spend more. I realize you can buy an auto chef with tickets or free gold but the sheer number duels and prep recipes used by the top mean they have to be paying real money. I make a goal of a certain weekly score and won't pay any money.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Several times I have floated the idea to Support of having a toggle on the autochefs, so owners can challenge themselves by playing without them at will. However, I personally wouldn't risk playing a duel without one, since they're fairly standard for high-scoring players.

It would be interesting if No Autochef (hopefully also including the VIP boost autochef) were a sabotage. And, as someone else once suggested (fudgeduff, was it you?), having No VIP Boosts as a sabotage.

I agree that it's better not to get full stats before accepting a duel. It means approaching all duels as a potential death match but at least it provides variety in opponents. I have yet to end the week in Top 100 but have a good win/loss ratio and I have a difficult enough time getting people to actually duel me as it is! The majority of duels I initiate peter out in forfeits. Frustrating!

- SuFe718