Options

Autochef Mystery Box

Does anyone ever buy these?

They're those "special boxes" in each venue that one can buy before (or perhaps only at the same time as...I have no idea, never tried) the autochef purchase. After one has the AC, box offer disappears.

I never have done because I believe only one of the pictured items is within. But perhaps I am totally l wrong and have been missing out on a fabulous bonus (one which costs 6 gold bars but, still)! I mean, obviously, if ALL or maybe even half of the pictured items were enclosed in the box, I'd consider purchasing from now on but if it really I s only one, as description blurb seems to imply, I'll continue to pass on them.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

-SuFe

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    Two2Two2 Registered Users 67 Posts
    I bought one twice. It was just one prize. I can't remember what the prize for each box was but I remember being very disappointed. I bought the 2nd box just in case I'd been unlucky the first time. I've never bought one since. It was a while ago though so possibly the prize(s) have got better.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Thanks for your reply, Two2 -- very helpful! :)

I think I'll continue to forgo those mystery boxes!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Save up your gold instead or buy them with tickets now that you can do that too to avoid disappointment. Don't bother spending 6 gold for a tiny chance at an autochef only to get an onion.

I get that it has to be balanced out with low prizes but it's just insulting to spend 6 gold and receive a couple of onions considering how easy ingredients are to obtain.
  • Options
    bittiemeowbittiemeow Registered Users 1 Posts
    My first few days playing the game I decided to take a gamble on the mystery box the first time it popped up in Big Bay, to my complete and utter shock I got the autochef. I have bought maybe 7-8 since trying for different autochefs and I only end up with coins. So I am even more shocked I got the chef at all.
  • Options
    Goldie74Goldie74 Registered Users 47 Posts
    I'm catching up on posts today and realizing that I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about half the time! Lol For example I've never seen this mystery box. I knew playing games on a kindle was a little different from phones but it's getting kinda ridiculous. I'm having a love/hate relationship with my kindle right now. ��
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Goldie74 wrote: »
    I'm catching up on posts today and realizing that I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about half the time! Lol For example I've never seen this mystery box. I knew playing games on a kindle was a little different from phones but it's getting kinda ridiculous. I'm having a love/hate relationship with my kindle right now. ��

Lol, Goldie! The Mystery Box is only available when the auto chef becomes available but disappears as soon as as auto chef is purchased. So it's not all that surprising that you didn't ever notice it. After reading these responses to my OP, seems like a bad bet to me.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    I did get the D n C auto chef with only the 2nd purchased mystery box. Tried for another auto chef in another venue. No such luck. So I don't waste the gold anymore.