Options

Chef duels

Happy the developers have changed us back to the former chef duels format. Instead of computer chefs.

Comments

• Options
    TutanTutan Registered Users 27 Posts
    All my duels are still against computers.
  • Options
    CookiefanCookiefan Registered Users 19 Posts
    I think I've had some real players in the last few hours too
  • Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    Yup, I have had real players today too but I have been having difficulty entering duels.

However the menu has been simplified a lot! For example in BBB I am not getting orders for potato skins or onion blossoms or hash brown with sauce, only simple stuff like plain turkey sandwich, onion rings, fries, plain burgers....

It's all very weird...:confused:
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Same here, happened a few hours ago alongside the simplified menu. Played LL before and didn't have to chop anything at all!
  • Options
    fudgedufffudgeduff Registered Users 25 Posts
    I now get challenges from low level opponents where a win gets me 0 points. yay!
  • Options
    kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    No they are not working correctly. I still do not think they are real people. They are popping up 4-6 at a time. And all apprentices pretty much. None of them are my level or higher. And then this is the best part. I play them and if I don't use a boost they beat me!!! Ludicrous...The scores are so low. I only scored 300-400 in Dragon bowl and Dubai. That's crazy! I never have low scores like this even when not using boosts.
  • Options
    I do not think chef duels are real people. And the scoring is all messed up.
  • Options
    dcesq06dcesq06 Registered Users 29 Posts
    I do not think chef duels are real people. And the scoring is all messed up.

For me, it's a mix. With the real players, I get the skewed scoring that I got prior to the update; and, against the computer opponents, the scoring it +10 or -10.

On a related note, the people who have challenged me have ranged from low level players to top 10 players.
  • Options
    MommarobinMommarobin Registered Users 59 Posts
    I've played ones who are swing chefs, and only get the basic ingredients to work with.
    ive also found that I rarely win duels anymore, unless I load up with boosts. Hate it!
  • Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    Mommarobin, if you use the Rush Hour boost you'll find that it's much easier to win (because people who do not want to lose will use it!).

I haven't had computer players since this thread was up, and the match-making has been pretty reasonable:

PczX6E2.png

PD6S3k8.png

cOYCgLV.png

At least it no longer pairs us up with 100%-100%-100% players.

Losing is not as bad as it used to be as well. I only lost 13 points (could be up to 16 on old patch) when I lost to a player with 100 duel points less than me, and 11 points to a same-rank player. Haven't won much so can't say much about that!

The other thing is that I no longer get challenged back after initiating a duel.
  • Options
    I agree Mommarobin. It seems like there is 0% chance of winning a duel without using boosts. My scores seem to be better today. Maybe there were some glitches yesterday???? I still can't tell if these are real people or not. When I go to the rivals page. None of these people are on it like before when I rivaled someone or vice versa. As for points won or lost. I've still lost up to 18 points to an apprentice or lower ranked chef. I'm just grateful something is fixed today because my scores are back up over 1000+ again .
  • Options
    tawnieknight@gmail.comtawnieknight@gmail.com Registered Users 7 Posts
    I have had a duel stuck in my queue for two weeks. I reported it and nothing. Now I can't connect to the network again and when I do it says I have forfeited duels I was never notified of. I went from junior back to trainee and some of the requirements for the wishelin sets are 1300 points in chef duels so I can never achieve this. It is ridiculous.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Tawnieknight. Keep on them about it. Maybe you will have to uninstall the game & then reinstall it again. The game told me I forfeited duels also. I was challenged. Went to duel that chef. And they had disappeared that quickly. I do not forfeit duels even if I know I'm going to lose to that person. It's just a game.
  • Options
    BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    I still have the lists of the players I have defeated like August or September last year, most of them never played duels again hence I can farm each of them for 3 duel points by rematching :P

And nowadays people are afraid of challenging back a player, even those high ranked ones (and even those who have been defeating me more than I defeating them before the rush hour and gastro update lol), at least for a week. Then all that's left are those never seen before on the rival list (either same rank or one rank higher) who will never respond to me :(

I guess that's also because they have spent vip dishes on those AI duels that they need time to prep dishes.

Rush hour really cause quite a scare even in higher echelons lol