How do you score beyond 1600+ on all European restaurants in general in duel?

Today I got challenge from that Chef Master Len, and it was Delish n Chips.

I notice that a few players like sous chef copizao, and chef master Len, are always able to score like around 1800+ in DnC, and yet, no matter what tactics I change to, I am always capped at 1500+, even if I can make Loon Goh (extra time) show up twice.

What I tried was:
- to use frenzy if all 3 (or more for VIP) customers show up so quickly that I barely just started on 2nd/3rd customer's dish. My strategy is always to maximize the number of customers I can serve, over trying to swipe for maximum tips.
- Otherwise, swipe if the 3rd customer takes time to prepare and you already have 2 other piles of tips
- tap on the single pile of lone tip if it seems to stall the customer queue.
- Always make sure all frenzies are used right before times up.
- quickly serve those drink-only dudes, and as much as possible avoid wasting frenzy on those people, a customer may show up right after collecting their tips.

Anyways, I decided to challenge Len another 3 times (to see the extent of this player's skill, didn't expect much to win, and losing against a Chef Master incurs smaller penalty for a saucier), the next three was Ultime, DnC again and BBB. Only in BBB that my score isn't far from Len's, but even so, I have never managed to score more than 1500+ in BBB.

As for Ultime, I have ever managed to score 1850 once, and that depends on the food orders the customers had.

Nearly all those attempts see little deviation from my usual style of gameplay.

All my restaurants are 100% food upgraded. All applicances that cannot be bypassed by food thermometer or tasting spoon (and especially snacks and drinks that also affects tipping) are fully upgraded. All decors since after all American restaurants are only upgraded for maximum max and min tips and maximum eating speed (and others are only upgraded to get me Wishelin stars, or for tickets in game achievements).

Man, playing with those people gives me racing heart while playing, I stopped looking at their scores.

Powers used in DnC: Fast feet, extra time, frenzy
Powers used in Ultime: Fast feet, perfect seasoning, perfect searing
Powers used in BBB: Fast feet, extra time, frenzy

Screenshot_2017_02_17_11_30_47.jpg

Comments

• Two2Two2 Registered Users 67 Posts
    From what I've heard, using the autochef boost (even when you have the autochef upgrade) brings in a huge amount of coins. I see from your screenshot that your opponent did use that boost.
  • doantuankhoidoantuankhoi Registered Users 211 Posts
    Two2 wrote: »
    From what I've heard, using the autochef boost (even when you have the autochef upgrade) brings in a huge amount of coins. I see from your screenshot that your opponent did use that boost.
    Yep, it gives 100 coins for each serving, and with 2-3 servings in one duel (which is possible to achieve if one is fast enough) the boost makes a huge difference comparing to the second highest boost which gives about 60 coins each time served.
    Join our fan-made Facebook group to discuss Diner DASH Adventures: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310392116445016/
     Join our fan-created Reddit to comment on my videos since my channel is set for kids so users cannot post comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/DinerDASHAdventures
    Join GoldenBear's Discord server for the game: https://discord.gg/sywfX9Z
  • BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    Yep, it gives 100 coins for each serving, and with 2-3 servings in one duel (which is possible to achieve if one is fast enough) the boost makes a huge difference comparing to the second highest boost which gives about 60 coins each time served.

Hmm, should use that on BBB next time then, but it costs almost 2 days to prepare and would rather use my slot on something more practical :(

If all else fails, I shall just forfeit those people and only fight them with canapes if I am seriously lagging behind on my executive chef progress.

Although this doesn't explain Ultime ... I think Len didn't use canapes. DnC ... couldn't remember if Len used canapes. If Len uses canapes all the time, pretty sure real money is spent on quickly getting it prepared.
  • doantuankhoidoantuankhoi Registered Users 211 Posts
    BGen_Tan wrote: »
    Hmm, should use that on BBB next time then, but it costs almost 2 days to prepare and would rather use my slot on something more practical :(

If all else fails, I shall just forfeit those people and only fight them with canapes if I am seriously lagging behind on my executive chef progress.

Although this doesn't explain Ultime ... I think Len didn't use canapes. DnC ... couldn't remember if Len used canapes. If Len uses canapes all the time, pretty sure real money is spent on quickly getting it prepared.
    In Ultime, using the seasoning and thermometer boosts together with the fast feet boost does save a lot of time, which gives you additional customers and making it possible to be above 1200. Additional points may come from achieving Super Gordon when chaining actions correctly (which I still can't figure out and sometimes lose because of this). Using Super Gordon to "swipe" 4-5 orders at the same time gives you about 100-200 points for each usage :D
    Join our fan-made Facebook group to discuss Diner DASH Adventures: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310392116445016/
     Join our fan-created Reddit to comment on my videos since my channel is set for kids so users cannot post comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/DinerDASHAdventures
    Join GoldenBear's Discord server for the game: https://discord.gg/sywfX9Z
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I don't see it anywhere that you have autochef. That is definitely a big help
  • fudgedufffudgeduff Registered Users 25 Posts
    The honest answer is that Len and Copizao are playing on the old pre-Dubai patch. I play this game a LOT (user id: EgDif) and have most duel arenas optimised to understand how scoring works. Hear me out:

During the Hong Kong/ Singapore updates, most of the venues got a boost in coins earned for serving each customer. This affected both normal campaign as well as duels. Case in point, D&C Level 6-10 (without using any boosts) maxed out at 4456 in the old patch but now maxes out at 3354. I know, because I use that stage to farm coins.

Obviously this was a bit too efficient and the developers decided to nerf the coin earnings across all levels so you will have to grind that little bit more to earn some coins. The only 2 stages that did not get hit were Big Bay Burger (which has a very poor coin output anyways) and Chef Arena (where you don't earn the coins anyways).

The problem is they frankly forgot about the duels. Now this would not be a problem if, like many online games, they forced a mandatory update on the player otherwise they would not be able to access the online portion of the game. But for whatever reason, this is not the case with RD, hence you can have one player significantly outscoring the other because of different patches.

I have raised this issue to the developers multiple times but it still has not been fixed so until then I will ignore all challenges from them unless they are on BBB or Chef's Arena.
  • SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    I find my scores fluctuate a lot depending on the customer flow and their orders (and the device I am playing on - tend to tap on wrong things on smaller screens i.e. iPhone). With the same prep boosts, the fluctuations can be as high as 500, resulting in a very inconsistent duel results. Frustrating!
    fudgeduff wrote: »
    The honest answer is that Len and Copizao are playing on the old pre-Dubai patch. I play this game a LOT (user id: EgDif) and have most duel arenas optimised to understand how scoring works. Hear me out:

During the Hong Kong/ Singapore updates, most of the venues got a boost in coins earned for serving each customer. This affected both normal campaign as well as duels. Case in point, D&C Level 6-10 (without using any boosts) maxed out at 4456 in the old patch but now maxes out at 3354. I know, because I use that stage to farm coins.

Obviously this was a bit too efficient and the developers decided to nerf the coin earnings across all levels so you will have to grind that little bit more to earn some coins. The only 2 stages that did not get hit were Big Bay Burger (which has a very poor coin output anyways) and Chef Arena (where you don't earn the coins anyways).

The problem is they frankly forgot about the duels. Now this would not be a problem if, like many online games, they forced a mandatory update on the player otherwise they would not be able to access the online portion of the game. But for whatever reason, this is not the case with RD, hence you can have one player significantly outscoring the other because of different patches.

I have raised this issue to the developers multiple times but it still has not been fixed so until then I will ignore all challenges from them unless they are on BBB or Chef's Arena.

Been thinking about it for days: How do Len and Copizao get chef master if they don't have the latest update? You always need the latest update because to get Chef Master, you need all restaurants (except Chef Arena) to have 150 stars.

The most recent update (that comes with Rush Hour meal), which I got yesterday at 4pm Singapore time, needs 10 restaurants for Celebrity chef, and full 11 for above.

I know about D&C nerfing, I used to able to farm 3000+ without boosts on s6e10, now it's usually 2479 without all boosts.

I agree with the duels and version update part, we should force all to update to latest for the duel component.

And I have no access to Len's profile on the Chef Magazine (C Mag) page because my duel stats simply cannot catch up with her, if I see her only unlocked until about Dragon Bowl in the list then I am sure she is cheating. I only have her duel card right now (3 hours to forfeit) because she just challenged me again (which I will forfeit, I just got rush hour and are prepping from zero of them, but I still doubt this will turn the tide. I am currently 1501 sous chef and would rather keep this status so that I can randomly challenge other sous chefs not on the rival list)
    Sansa wrote: »
    I find my scores fluctuate a lot depending on the customer flow and their orders (and the device I am playing on - tend to tap on wrong things on smaller screens i.e. iPhone). With the same prep boosts, the fluctuations can be as high as 500, resulting in a very inconsistent duel results. Frustrating!

I know right lol.I play on an Asus Padfone Infinity A86
    I will soon (hopefully) get an Nvidia Shield Tablet because the latest Padfone S still doesn't have much of the hardware upgrades
  • kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    Thanks for the tips. I have never scored above 12-1300. I'm not quite sure how you get such high scores!
    Been thinking about it for days: How do Len and Copizao get chef master if they don't have the latest update? You always need the latest update because to get Chef Master, you need all restaurants (except Chef Arena) to have 150 stars.

The most recent update (that comes with Rush Hour meal), which I got yesterday at 4pm Singapore time, needs 10 restaurants for Celebrity chef, and full 11 for above.

I know about D&C nerfing, I used to able to farm 3000+ without boosts on s6e10, now it's usually 2479 without all boosts.

I agree with the duels and version update part, we should force all to update to latest for the duel component.

And I have no access to Len's profile on the Chef Magazine (C Mag) page because my duel stats simply cannot catch up with her, if I see her only unlocked until about Dragon Bowl in the list then I am sure she is cheating. I only have her duel card right now (3 hours to forfeit) because she just challenged me again (which I will forfeit, I just got rush hour and are prepping from zero of them, but I still doubt this will turn the tide. I am currently 1501 sous chef and would rather keep this status so that I can randomly challenge other sous chefs not on the rival list)

Well you answered your own question there. The pre-Gastroyatch patch didn't require you to have 150 stars in all arenas, only 150 stars in the arenas you have opened. This of course changed with the new patch which is why our dear friends Len and Copizao are now lingering in duels purgatory. I have screenshot both their duels profile and you can clearly see they are still playing on the old patch. Not sure how you upload photos here but if you tell me how to do so and are keen I will upload their duel profiles here.

EgDiF
    fudgeduff wrote: »
    Well you answered your own question there. The pre-Gastroyatch patch didn't require you to have 150 stars in all arenas, only 150 stars in the arenas you have opened. This of course changed with the new patch which is why our dear friends Len and Copizao are now lingering in duels purgatory. I have screenshot both their duels profile and you can clearly see they are still playing on the old patch. Not sure how you upload photos here but if you tell me how to do so and are keen I will upload their duel profiles here.

EgDiF

I use Imgur to host images. Upload them there.
    RIght click on your image and use "copy image location" (for firefox. Find something equivalent for other browsers)
    your link should end with formats like jpg or png
    Come back to this reply screen and find "Insert Image" (hover over icon to see tooltip) button. Copy your link.

Done for the day haha, Just hit executive chef, the upper bound of what I can reach.
    Here you are.. the duels pages of Len and Copizao. Make of what you will...

RDqGpAG.jpg

Bv5Xtef.jpg
    Right, EgDif, I get what you mean now. The server still reads in their pre-Dubai/Gastro update as it is (i.e their requirement is about 7-8 restaurants for Chef Master in their game). Before that, I thought the server will read in everyone's number of restaurants opened, then do sanity checks and all (I study computer science so...) by taking the current number of restaurants needed then voiding their status as chef masters/ty****s, but nope. The server simply reads in their status, duel points, all that without doing compares, then merely ranking them on Top 100.

And I can see why they fell out of top seats at the time of your posting: new chef masters and ty**** used things like rush hour to dislodge them from their thrones. The new VIP dish countered their tactics of not updating their game. (that is, if they still remain at where they are now ... I think by now these should force them to update game)

Back-end service could use some serious debugging.
    Glu are pretty bad at fixing problems. The stupid wishelin bug on big bay burgers has still been unfixed over 3 patches... Tannur took 2 patches. Ultime chicken bug still unfixed since ultime was released etc etc. Don't hold your breath on their part.
  • Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    How do you see these stats of opponents on iPhone?? I've never seen this before!!
  • kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    Copizao challenged me today on chef duels. I know what you mean bgentan about heart racing. I was terrified to even accept the challenge & then look at his score. His was 1605 . He used perfect sear, fast feet, and rush hour. I forgot about using the auto chef boost as suggested . Dang! I had it prepped too! I'm sure if I had remembered I would have beat him. I used fast feet, rush hour, and extra time. My score was 1475. Venue was Ultime both 100% upgraded. That had to be the most thrilling chef duel so far. Also the higher up you are you tend to score more I think too. Since the reset I dropped down to swing cook. He was a chef de partie. I looked at the top 100 a minute ago. Look who is #1. Cannot be possible. Only 1 achievement out of 244. And where did egdif go? He's always in the top 100. I couldn't even find him a minute ago.
    How do you see these stats of opponents on iPhone?? I've never seen this before!!

For challenges issued to you, simply tap on his/her name on the duel list before duelling.

For the ones you initiated first, only after duelling is that information available.

I play on an Android but should be the same for iPhone.

Also tip: If you initiate first, then you realize his/her restaurant's upgrade stats are too high for you, at least on Android devices, you can simply tap back and press yes to back out. Not sure if you can do that on iPhone (since the iPhone's equivalent of back button is usually programmed in a software/an app, and I don't see that on the Android version)
    Copizao challenged me today on chef duels. I know what you mean bgentan about heart racing. I was terrified to even accept the challenge & then look at his score. His was 1605 . He used perfect sear, fast feet, and rush hour. I forgot about using the auto chef boost as suggested . Dang! I had it prepped too! I'm sure if I had remembered I would have beat him. I used fast feet, rush hour, and extra time. My score was 1475. Venue was Ultime both 100% upgraded. That had to be the most thrilling chef duel so far. Also the higher up you are you tend to score more I think too. Since the reset I dropped down to swing cook. He was a chef de partie. I looked at the top 100 a minute ago. Look who is #1. Cannot be possible. Only 1 achievement out of 244. And where did egdif go? He's always in the top 100. I couldn't even find him a minute ago.

As discussed elsewhere, many of the top 100 nowadays are bots.

Right, your duel with copizao should be from a ingredient freeze week. So, the best time to use your frenzy is prioritized this way:
    - Top priority when the ingredient freezes. So keep at least 1-2 frenzies if you can usually reach 3 in normal days. If you happen to have no ingredients being blocked, continue serving as per normal.
    - When ingredient not freezes, usually you use 1 frenzy when all 5 seats are full, or you notice that some of the orders will queue up badly in one or two appliances in a series (e.g if all your customers have food that needs to go to oven and even 2 oven slots aren't enough).

You used nothing that bypasses the "perfect" bar of any kind in that Ultime duel, that won't help because even with canapes, your waiting on those "perfect" (and Ultime has more of those than LL) will slow you down to about another 2-4 customers, which also equals to about 60-150 points per customer (Ultime food are expensive).

If you truly want to squeeze in a canapes (actually I still suggest you try rush hour first so you know how to plan optimally on 3-5 customers, and you don't get slowed down by their arrival), at least keep your food thermometer. There are slightly more food in Ultime that needs to be blowtorched without going to seasoning, or on the grill.

Now that you mentioned his score, I think he is still beatable on any restaurant that has many "perfect" bars. Before the Gastroyacht update, he scores like another 100-300 more than myself, and 50-150 more on those that has "perfect" bars. Usually in Ultime I score higher than his Ultime score.

But never mind, I have other players that normally beat me more than 50% of the time before update suddenly become my constant prey. Some other players that are consistently good that I can rarely beat include UCLA JSAM.
    For challenges issued to you, simply tap on his/her name on the duel list before duelling.

For the ones you initiated first, only after duelling is that information available.

I play on an Android but should be the same for iPhone.

Also tip: If you initiate first, then you realize his/her restaurant's upgrade stats are too high for you, at least on Android devices, you can simply tap back and press yes to back out. Not sure if you can do that on iPhone (since the iPhone's equivalent of back button is usually programmed in a software/an app, and I don't see that on the Android version)

Thanks - I mean for seeing their progress in all of the restaurants like the screenshots above. I've only ever been able to see their Duel card on my iPhone.
    Thanks - I mean for seeing their progress in all of the restaurants like the screenshots above. I've only ever been able to see their Duel card on my iPhone.

Oh that. On the world map, press the magazine button.

You'll see the screen with "Special Message from Chef Ramsay", among other things.

There should be a green arrow at the "Your Progress" section, press it.

First you'll see all your own restaurant's progress, and your overall + weekly duel stats.

To change player to see stats, use the arrow buttons beside your own avatar.

Usually you can only see other players that are currently also on your rival list.
    Thank you!!! So cool!
  • davlicadavlica Registered Users 1 Posts
    Today I got challenge from that Chef Master Len, and it was Delish n Chips.

I notice that a few players like sous chef copizao, and chef master Len, are always able to score like around 1800+ in DnC, and yet, no matter what tactics I change to, I am always capped at 1500+, even if I can make Loon Goh (extra time) show up twice.

What I tried was:
    - to use frenzy if all 3 (or more for VIP) customers show up so quickly that I barely just started on 2nd/3rd customer's dish. My strategy is always to maximize the number of customers I can serve, over trying to swipe for maximum tips.
    - Otherwise, swipe if the 3rd customer takes time to prepare and you already have 2 other piles of tips
    - tap on the single pile of lone tip if it seems to stall the customer queue.
    - Always make sure all frenzies are used right before times up.
    - quickly serve those drink-only dudes, and as much as possible avoid wasting frenzy on those people, a customer may show up right after collecting their tips.

Anyways, I decided to challenge Len another 3 times (to see the extent of this player's skill, didn't expect much to win, and losing against a Chef Master incurs smaller penalty for a saucier), the next three was Ultime, DnC again and BBB. Only in BBB that my score isn't far from Len's, but even so, I have never managed to score more than 1500+ in BBB.

As for Ultime, I have ever managed to score 1850 once, and that depends on the food orders the customers had.

Nearly all those attempts see little deviation from my usual style of gameplay.

All my restaurants are 100% food upgraded. All applicances that cannot be bypassed by food thermometer or tasting spoon (and especially snacks and drinks that also affects tipping) are fully upgraded. All decors since after all American restaurants are only upgraded for maximum max and min tips and maximum eating speed (and others are only upgraded to get me Wishelin stars, or for tickets in game achievements).

Man, playing with those people gives me racing heart while playing, I stopped looking at their scores.

Powers used in DnC: Fast feet, extra time, frenzy
    Powers used in Ultime: Fast feet, perfect seasoning, perfect searing
    Powers used in BBB: Fast feet, extra time, frenzy

Screenshot_2017_02_17_11_30_47.jpg

I'm not sure about using autochef boost made her score this much.

I use fast feet, extra time and halwa and is able to achieve between 1500-1800 MAX

I find delish fish n chils is the easiest venue as no other prep work will be involved if you have autochef

I use the same boosts as above and can score between 2300-2800 and 3000(just once)

Got lucky with a super gordon at the end by press random ingredients to cook before time runs out!

I never tried using autochef boost while already having autochef for that venue. But I have achieved similar score without using the boost.

I will play and see whether it increases your coin scores. When we can actually play the game again =_=

ID: HansDX
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Halwa is the way to go imo. Autochef has become irrelevant since they released halwa.
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    To back out of a duel on iPhone, just quit the game misleading of starting the duel. You lose the token but that's sometimes a better option.

A few days ago I lost a duel that I initiated in Ultime to copizao by ONE point, 1599 to 1600. I am still angry about it, lol!

- SuFe718