Options

Best Venue for Gold Dropping Event

I see that the gold dropping event is next. Does anyone have an opinion about which venue, if any, optimizes the chance of a gold drop?

Comments

• Options
    BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    vivacelt wrote: »
    I see that the gold dropping event is next. Does anyone have an opinion about which venue, if any, optimizes the chance of a gold drop?

Right, for this event:
    - Even regular customer may drop gold. And take note, you don't need maximum tip to get gold. That means, even your drink-only customer, wearing green shirt and red cap, can also drop gold. Also, a customer may drop gold even if you only serve him/her part of his/her dish (even just a drink) when the time is up.
    - VIP customers, who already has low chance compared to regular ones to drop gold, have even more chance of dropping gold.

With this knowledge in mind, here are the following tips:
    - If possible (such as when your daily event do not force you to serve dishes and that daily reward do not end before the event starts), stockpile your supply bags as much as possible and spend them for episodes only during gold event.
    - Also if possible (and you are good at dueling especially), keep all your VIP dishes commonly used for duelling to full inventory and then use them on all duels during events. I once snagged 7 golds in just one duel using all 3 dishes. If you do well, get more duel points than expected per day (depending on how high you want to go) and run out of VIP dishes, at least you can spend the next day just prepping dishes without going for a duel.
    - Same goes for your duel bosses. Even better if all your bosses can be defeated without using those VIP dishes you need to keep for chef duels.
    - For nearly all of us, our most favourite coin-farming location is Delish n Chips, last season and episode (S6E10), since its payout when all customers are served is the biggest among all so far. If you are not rushing to complete episodes, you can stash supplies beforehand as mentioned above and farm both coins and gold here with just regular customers.
    - Once you run out of supplies, play and deplete supplies again the moment your supplies are full.
    - Depending on your time zone (mine starts at 5pm Singapore time, Wednesday), if you happen to wake up when the event just started and sleep when it just ended, then good for you (event takes 16 hours). So, all the above tips may or may not work fully due to your location. Plan accordingly.

And as usual, keep watching free video offers or complete free offers to get gold.

Don't forget to tap on objects randomly appear on map, especially the golden octopus which always give you an average of 3 golds. Other objects rarely give you gold.

Minusing these two offers, the daily rewards, tapping on random objects on map (which can be 0 - 1 gold mostly), and the 3 golds won by defeating Angelica, I already can get between 30-45 golds.

See also
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?241175-Something-new-Stats-for-Gold-Drop-Event
  • Options
    vivaceltvivacelt Registered Users 21 Posts
    Thanks for the great advice, BGen_Tan! I always love reading your posts because they are so filled with information. One question - do you get any fame points when you play a VIP in a duel? I've never tried and don't really duel unless it is a daily goal.
  • Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    vivacelt wrote: »
    One question - do you get any fame points when you play a VIP in a duel? I've never tried and don't really duel unless it is a daily goal.

Yes, VIPs used in chef duels give you fame points too. You just don't get the money haha

Make sure you can access the marketplace before you start an episode for gold. If the connection is no good, you won't get gold.

Also, if the Wishelin inspector happens to drop by during the gold drop event, lucky you! Because this VIP 100% drops a smoking red hot gold!
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Late to the party but I just wanted to add that you don't necessarily want to do S6E10 of DnC if your relative stats aren't maxed. It's the best to farm coins, yes, but if you can get more customers elsewhere, I'd recommend playing that one. In my head, more customers = better chance of getting gold
  • Options
    BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    Ah yes, my tip was under assumption that you maxed out all food upgrades and tips in every restaurant. When this is done, the next thing to find is to play S6E10 of every restaurant, note down if you can serve all customers, and the worth of the episode.

The ones with highest worth wins, then you upgrade the number of customers there until you cannot serve everyone anymore.

Also, the food order for all episodes are always the same (in food and order sequence of customers). You can memorize them after a few playthrough.

I think I have the same number of customer for PP as DnC, but PP gave me about 1.5k....that was before DnC was available.
  • Options
    vivaceltvivacelt Registered Users 21 Posts
    Ah, shoot. So I need to figure out where I am able to serve the most customers. This is a tricky business. Thanks, all.