Options

Duel bots

At first i was disgusted by the idea. The first wave of bots was a game destroyer. However, after a recent change they are now appearing 3 out of 4 or 5 duels. So you still play the majority of your duels vs bots. I still hate the bots and i still want them removed. Here is what i don't like about them:
  • Now that every token played will be turned into rating and the fact that you always have an opponent to duel, the top 100 rankings are an abomination with 3000 rating for the rank#1. This destroyed the Dueling part of the game. Before that, it was 1600-1700, sometimes 1800. You could be one of the top 100 if you did 1500+ rating. What's the point now when we have people with 3000 rating....
  • Dueling vs bots is not glorious enough. That's at least in my eyes. I lost a big portion of my desire to even duel when i know it's not versus real people. Before that, i could feel better about myself when i finished the week with 30 wins and 2 losses.... now that's worth nothing because it's not versus real people. I am defeating randomly generated code... As i said... not glorious
  • For some unknown reason to me, the duels vs bots are on a very low upgrade level venue and customers seem to be coming even slower than before. Because of that i am now scoring half of the scores i usually did before the bot change. I get thrown into BBB and i fear that even with 2 boosts i will score something like 500, that's how bad it is. And this is on 100/100/100 with autochef and 2 vip boosts..
  • Because of the above fact, the new VIP dish - Deconstructed Halva which grants you Rush Hour and the customers are appearing immediately, has now become the absolute mandatory dish to score high. Isn't it ridiculous that before the bot change you could do, and i will use only imaginary examples, 1000 in Prato Toscano, after the bot change and the halved venues, you can now score around 600 but with the new VIP boost - 1600. How Fu$#ed up is this?
  • The bot are weird..... i fight vs a bot with 100/100/100 with 1300 wins and 100 losses and i am using Fast Feet and Rush Hour for maximum result, i score 1600 in almost any venue with this combo. I wait for the score... and the bot has used no boost or just a flinger and scored 600..... How stupid and wasteful is this bot setting? I would expect if i am going to be rolled vs a bot in approximate strength of mine, to always score appropriate numbers. The next bot i played vs scored only 10 lower than me - 1554. A close call... completely different experience from the last bot.... I don't know... I would expect something like this when playing vs real people but vs bots i find it really unnatural

Comments

• Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    All the bots are stuck on S2E8 or whichever one it is that unlocks duels for that venue which coincidentally has the exact same amount of dishes unlocked. It's like they take a stock character that's at this point then buff their stats accordingly to your own.

Bots are weird, I'd get one that's near fully upgraded then steamroll past its score almost instantly. On the flipside I've seen others that obtain very close scores to mine.
  • Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    How can we identify if they are bots or real players? Most of my opponents felt real, their scores corresponded to their win:lose ratio/duel rank and they all ended up on my rival list. I had a couple who were Junior Cook and below and scored zero this week. These I believe are bots.

Got more blue tickets this week compared to last week though. 9 out of 23 wins rewarded me with a blue. Can't complain...
  • Options
    SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I feel like most of mine are bots now. I used to recognize 25% of the names just from them playing so often and I haven't seen one of the "regulars" in over 2 weeks.

I feel less motivated to play, it is either a forfeit or a bot. I have just ben playing to get to 1400 and get that 1 gold ticket reward. I'm using my duel token to try and beat Gordon in the chef arena and get the 2 gold tickets. I don't want to fully upgrade since it is so expensive so I'm just making this my new challenge to beat Gordon.
  • Options
    jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    The pairings aren't fixed either really. Going in with 70% max on a single upgrade section still pairs me with other players who have 95%+ across the board. I'm also getting a lot of duels where half or less of the stations/foods are able to be used, even when I challenge someone off the rivals listing. If both players are limited to those foods and stations ok, but some of the scores I've been losing to I have a hard time believing that's the case. Also if I am going up against someone with 100% in all of the food and upgrades, I woudl not expect to have half the food missing and stations closed.
  • Options
    M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    I have noticed the duel bots wear crazy clothes, generally use the hamburger boost and award 10 points for a victory or take away 10 points for a loss. When I battle actual humans, the scores vary as well as the boosts.