Ingredient store sell quantities

Recently I have occasionally noticed someone offering quantities of 60, 70 or more of an ingredient for sale. As far as I can tell, you can only have a max of 55 items of fully upgraded storage so noone would be able to buy them, what is going on?

Comments

• SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    I realised that too. Could be a hack. Like this XP level 101 players.
  • fudgedufffudgeduff Registered Users 25 Posts
    It is possible - during certain times of the week you can buy ingredients and boost for gold. For example some weeks you can buy fast feet, cioppino and 5 tomatoes for 12 gold. You can do that as many times as you like as long as you have gold and the items will count above the 55 you are allowed. The same goes for item drops from the wishelin inspector
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    What fudgeduff says is true. But what's the point in selling those quantities that nobody can buy? I never understood that part
  • BradMelBradMel Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm with you broilmebk, no one can actually buy them, so:
    Why would anyone do it? and
    How come the slots aren't filling up with these large sales as noone can buy them?

My theory is that most of the ingredients for sale aren't from real players but put there by the game to feed real players the ingredients we need to play duals. I reckon that there is an algorithm that works out what to make available when to create scarcity and keep you coming back and I reckon that the ones with large quantities is a bug in the algorithm.

after all, how often do you sell ingredients?
  • TutanTutan Registered Users 27 Posts
    You can store past the storage limit during the event that makes customers drop ingredients. I'm not sure why someone would sell a quantity that no one can buy, but I'm guessing they're just doing it to dump product so they can buy the ones they need.
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    It's annoying because they're taking a slot of that ingredient which I may need, but I can't buy theirs.
  • BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    The developer could have easily solve this by just limiting selling quantity per selling slot to, say, 15, given the current implementation. Or else, they could just have a stricter check that ingredient awards of all types (mystery box, event, all of them) will be capped by capacity.
  • tawnieknight@gmail.comtawnieknight@gmail.com Registered Users 7 Posts
    There is an exploit going on. See the Facebook forum for a screen shot. 99997 garlic is not possible without exploitation of code aka cheating. I have sent the screenshot to the development team and reported it but it is not as if they will do anything
  • Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I totally sell ingredients all the time for profit. I regularly get close to my storage limit and know that my mystery boxes for each restaurant are going to pop up soon with more ingredients. But never have I sold anything more than 15 at a time.
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    BradMel wrote: »

My theory is that most of the ingredients for sale aren't from real players but put there by the game to feed real players the ingredients we need to play duals. I reckon that there is an algorithm that works out what to make available when to create scarcity and keep you coming back and I reckon that the ones with large quantities is a bug in the algorithm.

after all, how often do you sell ingredients?

Regarding in-game algorithms and quantity glitches, I think you may be onto something (recent addition of Duel Bots supports your theory). Because, not only do they offer too many to BUY but how else would they amass that many to sell, given the game's 55 item storage cap? Those people citing hacks/cheats are also right. Unmanageable sales quantities occur so often that both must be happening.

But I take issue with two things you wrote :) :
    I sell things ALL the time! Multiple times per day! I get WAY more parsley, onions, and carrots each time I collect my venue prize box drops than I need to prepare my most frequently used VIP boosts in 4-slot batches. I always seem to get tons of carrots when I need parsley and visa versa, lol. Conversely, I get far less garlic from those drops than I need and although plenty of tomatoes drop, I always need more. Across all venues, my mostly Gold boxes seem to yield equal amounts of parsley and carrots despite the former being classified as Uncommon and the latter being Common. So I'm always selling things I'll need to buy again ~3 hours later just to compose the boosts I use routinely. If one doesn't sell them off, unless there's an Ingredient Drop Event happening, incoming items disappear to maintain that 55 item cap, which means lost coins.

Also, garlic is quite often unavailable in the market these days; it is perhaps the most erratic non-rare item being sold. I realize it's tagged as Uncommon (don't get me started; garlic ought to drop just as often as carrots -- they're used in the same number of VIP dishes -- while carrots and parsley appear to drop at same rate). Not to mention that the scarcity of certain rare ingredients, particularly mascarpone (now that the Rush Hour VIP is practically a dueling requirement!) when Angus beef is always available doesn't make much sense.

So, given the random and over-limit drop quantities, plus scarcity of garlic (as well as aforementioned mascarpone) in the marketplace, I rather doubt there's a Big Brother algorithm there, overseeing/ensuring proportional availability. If there were such a thing, and there def ought to be, it would/should function much better!

I do hope they adjust drop frequencies and, if applicable, market bot behaviors. I also hope they add slots for increasing storage capacity for those of us who need it.

- SuFe718
  • CrazyCanukCrazyCanuk Registered Users 37 Posts
    I'm glad someone started a thread about this. I too have been perplexed as how anyone can have more than 55 items. Glu needs to address this. They need to address chef duels as well. I don't know what the heck happened with them. I paid a lot over time for this game. I feel duped now. Get a grip Glu. Sort it out.