Something new: Stats for Gold Drop Event

MqMD8Z6.png

I like this :)

How many do you guys get usually?

Comments

• MommarobinMommarobin Registered Users 59 Posts
    Okay, what's your strategy? I only got 9!
  • BGen_TanBGen_Tan Registered Users 65 Posts
    Actually this isn't new, it was taken down for a while for unknown reason.

My strategy is to hold back as many duels I launch with all 3 vip dishes (since they have higher drop gold chance), duels I receive with sufficient hours left before forfeit (need time to prep vip dishes anyway), episodes, etc, I plan to do for the day until the event starts. Also, farm at DnC last season last episode once your supply is full.

Works for me at least because here in Singapore it starts at 5pm until thursday 11am (16 hours total). If your sleep takes up the majority of the event, then too bad. If you happen to live at a time zone where its start time coincides with your wake up time, and end time your sleep time, good for you.
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Yes, what BGen says is true. I remember it being there before.

I was also thinking about how the event timing lined up with everybody else. Mine starts in the middle of the night like 1AM and goes to 7pm. Is the weekend event like this too or is the time fixed? I'd much rather prefer your event time BGen. The bulk of mine is during work/sleep :(
  • kimmieann43113kimmieann43113 Registered Users 53 Posts
    The events start around 4 am here. Impressive 45 gold. I've never even came close to that . Maybe 20-25.
  • SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    I see, I only started playing less than two months ago, so I thought it's new!

It starts at 5pm for me here in Malaysia and ends at 11am the next day. So, it's not bad..

Don't know if there is any 'strategy' to this, I feel it's pure luck. Sometimes I get only 20-ish gold. I don't do any chef duels during this period, only game episodes. I usually space out the plays, leaving at least 10-15 minutes in between games (about 2 to 3 games per hour) and I get one or two golds in each game that way. Sometimes I get none, but that's in the minority.
  • LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    I used to get around 30-40 gold during these promos. The recent ones I've only managed 5-10 or about 1 every episode or so, that's luck for you. Customers drop gold during duels too but then you'd be missing the coins from DNC S6E10 lol.

Mine starts at 7pm where I am (Australia) and ends at 1pm the next day. It's not bad but it's better than that dang wishelin inspector who likes to arrive at 3am!
    Lockisbetta that made me laugh. Because the Wishelin inspector does seem to arrive at the most inconvenient times! Thanks for the tip about spacing out the plays Sansa. I love this forum just to learn new & different strategies to improve my gaming. And yes customers do drop gold during chef duels.
  • Jobim TchennelJobim Tchennel Registered Users 2 Posts
    I got 55 ehehehehe <33

17101434_10206323059955757_216817917_o.jpg?oh=04f316978a9bac6c92f843e5a9e5bf87&oe=58BC9691
    Sansa wrote: »
    I see, I only started playing less than two months ago, so I thought it's new!

It starts at 5pm for me here in Malaysia and ends at 11am the next day. So, it's not bad..

Don't know if there is any 'strategy' to this, I feel it's pure luck. Sometimes I get only 20-ish gold. I don't do any chef duels during this period, only game episodes. I usually space out the plays, leaving at least 10-15 minutes in between games (about 2 to 3 games per hour) and I get one or two golds in each game that way. Sometimes I get none, but that's in the minority.

*Gasp FELLOW MALAYSIAN LOL ... sup bro! Apa khabar ("how are you" in Malay)?

Yeah as I said, try to squeeze multiple types of events (put your duels, unfinished episodes, boss duels...) in that period. Last week I have the highest ever number of gold in one duel, 7 gold, because I use fast feet, rush hour and extra time at DnC against a duel player (vip dishes up your drop gold chance more, see dish description when you prep them by pressing "i" button). Had 41 last week, normally I have an average of 25 - 30 gold per week.

If I have been doing well with my duel points on wednesday during this event, I actually will exhaust my fast feet and other needed dishes, then take a break from duel on thursday just to prep vip dishes. I am happy just to be an executive chef given the rate they push out new restaurants and my skills and I don't want to spend real cash on the game.

Another tip exclusive for those crossing the national border (if you happen to be Johorean, Sansa, like me lol. By the way to the rest who don't know, Johor is the southernmost state of Peninsular Malaysia and is closest to Singapore): If you happen to cross the Causeway on that day, try to exhaust video free offers for gold in Malaysia or Singapore before crossing to another country. It seems to be telco dependent for video availability. I seem to always get Top Eleven 2017 videos in Malaysia, and I have about 3-4 gold in Malaysia per day, then once I come to Singapore, I have 6-8 videos per day and is usually about, say recently, newly improved Starhub (one of Singapore's telco) apps, or movie trailers, or mobile game ads. If I happen to cross the border that day for family errands or what not, I get about 10 gold just by watching videos instead of just 4 or 6 depending on my starting country on that day.

Oh yes, when you have time, also exhaust all your supply groceries bag on DnC s6e10 because even without using vip dishes ordinary customers may also drop gold during that time, thanks for reminder Lockisbetta.

@sansa, see also: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?240670-Frankly-as-a-Malysian-in-Singapore-I-have-never-even-heard-of-some-of-these-dishes
    I got 55 ehehehehe <33

17101434_10206323059955757_216817917_o.jpg?oh=04f316978a9bac6c92f843e5a9e5bf87&oe=58BC9691
    You remind me ... for some reason quite often when I get taunts from players they are usually Spanish players lol so they are in Spanish.
    BGen_Tan wrote: »

Another tip exclusive for those crossing the national border (if you happen to be Johorean, Sansa, like me lol. By the way to the rest who don't know, Johor is the southernmost state of Peninsular Malaysia and is closest to Singapore): If you happen to cross the Causeway on that day, try to exhaust video free offers for gold in Malaysia or Singapore before crossing to another country. It seems to be telco dependent for video availability. I seem to always get Top Eleven 2017 videos in Malaysia, and I have about 3-4 gold in Malaysia per day, then once I come to Singapore, I have 6-8 videos per day and is usually about, say recently, newly improved Starhub (one of Singapore's telco) apps, or movie trailers, or mobile game ads. If I happen to cross the border that day for family errands or what not, I get about 10 gold just by watching videos instead of just 4 or 6 depending on my starting country on that day.

Interesting fact about crossing borders. I am in Penang and I can get 7-8 gold from videos every day. Nice to be able to get more than 8 per day by watching videos!
    Got 59 this time!

1qrHweG.png
  • LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    I got about 13 or so, 1-2 gold per couple of episodes. No stat page as mine always tells me the event is over then comes back up shortly after whenever I reopen the game.
    Oops, didn't notice my stats this time, but I think I didn't see it as well.

I think the stats only show up if you left the game running the moment the event is over.

The stats may be unavailable if you open your game after the event is over. I saw the event announcement at this scenario this time.
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    It did not show me my stats. It's been a while since I've seen it. My games was not left running when the event ran out.
    broilmebk wrote: »
    It did not show me my stats. It's been a while since I've seen it. My games was not left running when the event ran out.

Open the game just minutes before the event ends and leave it to run.
    I only got 12 gold this time. Unfortunately it turned out to be too busy of a day to play GRD. I only played the last 4 hours of the event. Maybe next time. 12 is pretty good though for hit & miss playing the last 4 hours. The dang Wishelin inspector was arriving at 3 am. I couldn't sleep so was up to get my gold. :-) you are very lucky Sansa to be able to win 7-8 gold every day. Those free gold videos are not available on my kindle. I would have my venues upgraded if they were . GRD you sure do ask for some pretty high gold amounts to upgrade the venues. :-(
  • nghia1111nghia1111 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I got 60 last week :))
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    Just curious how many hours it took you to get 60 gold bars. Seems like every time the gold event pops up I am over booked that day with no free time to play!
  • nghia1111nghia1111 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I rush through the event, save the supply in ticket shop n the special recipe for it. 18 hours minus 6 for sleeping mean 60g/12=5g per hour in average
  • AlisonAlison Registered Users 26 Posts
    I am not sure if this makes me sound really good or really sad, but my best score was 83 gold.

The gold event normally happens on the Wednesday after the free play weekend (which coincidentally is now), so I play for kicks just to store up supplies, save all my other supplies in the Duel and any trophies etc. so I can get a good start on Wednesday. As I am in the UK, it starts early morning, so no need to sleep..... oh dear, I am sounding more sad by the minute! Lol.

I can't progress through the game atm without more gold, but even 83 doesn't take long to spend.