Options

So sick of bots/cheaters

I was just beaten by a junior chef in DnC with a score of over 2,000! Is that even possible? And she only had about 200 duels under her belt. Anyway, don't mind me. I just needed to whine and complain for a minute. :mad::(

Comments

• Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    What boosts? Were all dishes available?
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Were they using Rush Hour? That perk is so overpowered in duels, you cannot keep up unless you use it yourself.
  • Options
    Goldie74Goldie74 Registered Users 47 Posts
    No she wasn't using anything that little bleep. Lol
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    There is also a glitch where it doesn't show they used boosts, yet they did. It has shown myself not using any when I used all 3 available.
  • Options
    Sparrow23Sparrow23 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have noticed a lot of recipe items are almost double the price of what they should be when I go to purchase them.
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Sparrow23 wrote: »
    I have noticed a lot of recipe items are almost double the price of what they should be when I go to purchase them.
    The market has offers from both other players and the game itself. Items sold by the game (usually in x3 quantity) are 2x the normal price. It's a convenience factor since ingredients aren't guaranteed to show up when sold by real players.
  • Options
    Goldie74Goldie74 Registered Users 47 Posts
    broilmebk wrote: »
    There is also a glitch where it doesn't show they used boosts, yet they did. It has shown myself not using any when I used all 3 available.

That makes more sense those lousy cheaters!
    Boo. Hiss.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Discounting my recent 1PT loss to a habitual Top 100 player, which may or may not be suspicious, a day later I was playing in a venue when I got an alert that another, often Top 10, long-time player had challenged me. After I finished playing the episode I opened the dueling arena and no challenge from that player was there. Sometimes there is a delay but it's been several days and no duel challenge has ever appeared on my end. It makes me very suspicious and now I am very wary of the whole Top 100 list, particularly since the update. I don't know if that player has a way of winning duels by removing the challenges from potential opponents -- if they did that I'd have thought it would force a forfeiture not gain a win, which hardly seems worth the effort, but who knows?

I just don't know anymore... Still a fun game but more and more I feel a select -- self-selected -- few are playing with advantages beyond the VIP boosts and that the field is far from fair or even.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    chefniddochefniddo Registered Users 11 Posts
    Discounting my recent 1PT loss to a habitual Top 100 player, which may or may not be suspicious, a day later I was playing in a venue when I got an alert that another, often Top 10, long-time player had challenged me. After I finished playing the episode I opened the dueling arena and no challenge from that player was there. Sometimes there is a delay but it's been several days and no duel challenge has ever appeared on my end. It makes me very suspicious and now I am very wary of the whole Top 100 list, particularly since the update. I don't know if that player has a way of winning duels by removing the challenges from potential opponents -- if they did that I'd have thought it would force a forfeiture not gain a win, which hardly seems worth the effort, but who knows?

I just don't know anymore... Still a fun game but more and more I feel a select -- self-selected -- few are playing with advantages beyond the VIP boosts and that the field is far from fair or even.

i don't think that's the case at all. The game is so glitchy that anything is possible. But I've made it to the top 100 for the past 2 weeks and I don't have any special powers lol - just VIP boosts. Some people in the top 10 haven't had their duels reset every week like the rest of us, so their numbers get higher and higher every week, but I don't think there's anything fishy going on.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Congrats on achieving Top 100!! There are so many people playing now and post-bot-update scores are getting so high that it is a huge accomplishment. I've made it onto the list but never ended the week there, lol. At 50-60 duels per week, I just haven't been dueling enough.

You make a good point about the glitchiness of the game. I wasn't trying to imply everyone was cheating, there are a number of really great players out there and I admire their skills. But, for example, apparently some ppl are playing older versions with a different, more beneficial, points/coin system. I don't know if the new update will resolve that issue or not. And the list seems so illogical now with 2k+ point holders being listed as Apprentice or Junior Chef and placing higher than Celebrity Chefs. That must be due to glitches, perhaps relating to Bots in the rankings, because the chart clearly indicates anything over 1600 is -at least- a Chef du Cuisine!

- SuFe718