Options

Advice Re: Next Steps

Hey all. I have completed just about all of my open venues with the exception of an episode or so. I am wondering whether I should open the Chef Arena or wait for another venue? Do you get supplies with the Chef Arena? I would love to hear your thoughts and advice. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    The chef arena is my favorite venu. Be forwarned the upgrades are expensive, comparable to the Cuban restaurant. The chef arena uses duel tokens instead of groceries to play and coins are not added to your total. Instead you earn mystery boxes, tickets of all colors, gold and coins. Think of it like boss duels. Once you win a match, you move onto the next level. The last level you duel Gordon to win two gold tickets. The battles reset on Sunday night.
  • Options
    vivaceltvivacelt Registered Users 21 Posts
    Great info, thanks! Will I be playing real people like in the duels or computers?
  • Options
    M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    You play boss duels, so it is the computer.
  • Options
    TkdteoTkdteo Registered Users 5 Posts
    The chef arena does appear in chef duels too.
  • Options
    vivaceltvivacelt Registered Users 21 Posts
    A couple more questions - is my imagination or does your opponent's score go up each time you lose and if the ingredients change each week does that mean all the $$ I've already spent on the upgrades are lost? Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    KarissaKarissa Registered Users 5 Posts
    Nope, once you lose your opponents score does go up but I've noticed if you keep at it, it will eventually go down but then start to climb again if you lose.
    The money you spend on upgrades will stay when those items roll back around, so let's say you upgrade the veal fully and next week it's not there but the following week it is, it will still be fully upgraded.
  • Options
    TschunteTschunte Registered Users 14 Posts
    I have already completed 6 venues but I hesitated to start with the chef arena. when I understood you correct, the chef arena seems to be twice as expensive compared to the other venues am I correct? and in the end after one week you have to start from the beginning. in the other venues you and up with 300 stars, but in the chef arena nothing remains visible. that seems to be a disadvantage.
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Tschunte wrote: »
    I have already completed 6 venues but I hesitated to start with the chef arena. when I understood you correct, the chef arena seems to be twice as expensive compared to the other venues am I correct? and in the end after one week you have to start from the beginning. in the other venues you and up with 300 stars, but in the chef arena nothing remains visible. that seems to be a disadvantage.

Correct. It is much more expensive and you redo all levels every week. But that also means you get the prizes again.
  • Options
    Abigail YYAbigail YY Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 15 Posts
    I just started chef arena and invested an auto chef but I have tried many times but still can't beat Grandma (not to mention Gordon) . Any advice or tips? Thanks
  • Options
    nanasevennanaseven Registered Users 7 Posts
    I have auto chef too. And I usually keep 85%-90% upgrades on food (as the menu changes every week), use two slot of VIP (fast feet and extra time). I use the same strategy for Gordon and I win.
    Abigail YY wrote: »
    I just started chef arena and invested an auto chef but I have tried many times but still can't beat Grandma (not to mention Gordon) . Any advice or tips? Thanks
  • Options
    nanaseven wrote: »
    I have auto chef too. And I usually keep 85%-90% upgrades on food (as the menu changes every week), use two slot of VIP (fast feet and extra time). I use the same strategy for Gordon and I win.

Thanks nanaseven and how about your deco and appliance upgrade %
  • Options
    KarissaKarissa Registered Users 5 Posts
    My appliance is 62% and deco is 42%, upgrades on food is between 90% - 100%. My combo is Fast Feet and Rush Hour and I don't have a problem beating Gordan.
  • Options
    Karissa wrote: »
    My appliance is 62% and deco is 42%, upgrades on food is between 90% - 100%. My combo is Fast Feet and Rush Hour and I don't have a problem beating Gordan.
    Thanks Karissa . I just save enough coins and bot some gold and upgrade appliances to 70% but food is still at 70%. I can only beat Grandma . I will save more to upgrade food ... this is my 2nd week with Chef Arena
  • Options
    Lincoln28MafiaLincoln28Mafia Registered Users 12 Posts
    You can easily beat Grandma with 1 prep recipe (fast feet does it for me) - as long as you are fully upgraded. I alway use 3 prep recipes for Gordon (only on Sunday before the reset in case a daily challenge during the week involves the Chef Arena) just to make sure I beat him - and I get fame points.