Chef Arena Special Trophies

Loved the special trophies this week in the chef arena! I was very happy to get some gold and especially blue tickets. Make sure you don't beat Gordon before you earn all the trophies, though. The only glitch I ran into was my counter stopped at 25 on the squash trophy. I needed to get to 50 to earn a gold bar. I kept serving it, but didn't get credit. With that said, I didn't mind the glitch. It was minor. I was super happy to get 7 blue tickets :)

Comments

• brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    Count yourself lucky :D How am I supposed to do squash haha

restaurant-XL.jpg
  • KarJoKarJo Registered Users 19 Posts
    I have the same problem as Brew, no Squash so how am I supposed to serve it? Wouldn't mind but you need to serve Squash to unlock 2 further challenges, so missed opportunities to earn gold. GRrrr!
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    You are right! I was serving saucy Carots thinking it was squash! Interestingly, my squash counter was at 25. I wonder how I managed to get 25 with no squash on the menu!!!
  • chefniddochefniddo Registered Users 11 Posts
    Customer Care said that these trophies are only temporary. Looks like those of us who didn't finish the squash trophy last week will miss out on the remaining trophies.
    Yup.. can't do lobster trophy until squash is done and can't do eggs until lobster is done.. f you very much Glu
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    They don't say there is a time limit, as other special limited-time trophies have clearly displayed in the past. Are you SURE they are this week only? I realize the arena gives double-fame points this week (I should have played to lose boss levels multiple times but I wasn't thinking; just have Granny n Gordon remaining) but that was all the announcement said.

How can they expect us to win trophies for unavailable ingredients in secretly limited time?

- SuFe718
  • chefniddochefniddo Registered Users 11 Posts
    They don't say there is a time limit, as other special limited-time trophies have clearly displayed in the past. Are you SURE they are this week only? I realize the arena gives double-fame points this week (I should have played to lose boss levels multiple times but I wasn't thinking; just have Granny n Gordon remaining) but that was all the announcement said.

How can they expect us to win trophies for unavailable ingredients in secretly limited time?

Yes, a member of the GRD fan page on Facebook posted her conversation with Customer Care where the agent said that the trophies are not permanent. Let's hope they're still there next week.

By the way - it's not the Arena that's giving double Fame points. All VIPs give double Fame points. So even if you use Fast Feet in a duel or an episode, you'll get double Fame points. It said all venues in the announcement.
    When your game loads this week there is a pop up advertising the chef arena extravaganza. It mentions the double fame points and new trophies and rewards. At the bottom it states this week only. Looking at the trophy list it is unclear which trophies apply to the event since they don't have timers on them. I know it is a raw deal that we can't earn all of the trophies because of the squash issue, but I did enjoy all the other trophies. It was nice that we had free duel coins and I could earn the rewards without waiting for duel coins to reload. I'm giving Glu props because it was fun, and I want them to work things like that into the game in the future.
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    chefniddo wrote: »
    Yes, a member of the GRD fan page on Facebook posted her conversation with Customer Care where the agent said that the trophies are not permanent. Let's hope they're still there next week.

By the way - it's not the Arena that's giving double Fame points. All VIPs give double Fame points. So even if you use Fast Feet in a duel or an episode, you'll get double Fame points. It said all venues in the announcement.

Oh, wow, thanks for the info about VIPs! :)

- SuFe718
    New week, still no squash.. @##*&#$^*&@#^%$@#!!!!!!!!!!
  • AribearAribear Registered Users 16 Posts
    I have squash?
    Interesting...I have rainbow carrots and taro, no squash.
  • KarJoKarJo Registered Users 19 Posts
    No Squash here either, 2nd week running. But I do still have the challenge prizes up in the trophy page.
    OK, it has been a few weeks now and still no squash! I am happy to see the trophy is still there. Hopefully next week we can earn it!