Options

New Update

Saw the new update on play store,what i hear many things are changed.
Can admin or moderator explain detailed changes, enhancements and fixes.

Comments

• Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    They layout is completely different and they add social hub
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Is scoring system different?

Besides getting a new venue, is there any game advantage (or disadvantage) to updating? It's not a mandatory update -- not even showing yet in my App Store.

What's the difference between the Cheers VIP boost and the Temp Boost it is replacing -- or, I suppose it's more accurate to say they're retiring the one and adding something entirely new. Honestly, if they were going to retire a VIP boost, Temp is NOT the first one I would have chosen!!

Finally, what exactly IS the Social Hub?

- SuFe718
  • Options
    cH4rF1r3cH4rF1r3 Registered Users 12 Posts
    There is no change to the chef duel scoring system.

The new layout shows a world map in the background, and they implemented a horizontal scroll wheel for you to choose your venues, the venues are shown on the world map, honestly I rather they stuck with the old layout, cause now there are no fixed locations for the 'selectables', e.g Gold Octopus, Recipe Bear etc. and it is way more irritating to collect those random 3 XP, 25 coins objects.

They have made the Temp Boost we previously knew of redundant, everything that once had the grilling meter, have now all been changed to function as timed station, just like the grill station in BBB.
    The new Cheers Boost, is to give you 4 times the amount of coins for any drinks served.
    They lowered the prep time from 3h to 2h, and reduced the ingredient requirement by 1 for each part, Augus Beef (1), Carrot(2), Onion(1).
    You could say they are retiring and replacing it with new.
    They probably thought that the Tasting Spoon function was too similar to Food Thermometer, and decided they might as well bring the skill level down a notch by removing the gauge.

I got the new venue Kiwi Cottage, but on my device my game gets stuck on loading when I attempt to play the first level, which really sucks, contacted customer support and have not heard from them, they probably thousands of requests. Makes me wonder how many support staff are there to clear our requests.

Social Hub allows you to add random people playing as friends, you can also add any chef that you duel to your friend's list, provided that they accept.
    Max amount of friends is 20 so choose wisely, you probably want to choose those who are around your duel ranking, as Group Goal are only useful if your friends play as often as you. But you can remove any friend from your list anytime.

Social Hub is basically set up to facilitate Group Goals, where you can use 'Hearts' (New Currency, earned by completing group goals, or sending 'Hearts' to your friends once daily) to create your own group goal, and then complete it yourself, earning the reward, while hoping your 'Friends' on your list will complete the group goal you created too, so that you can earn the 'Grand Prize'. However there are still quite a few bugs, one I have come across is while trying to complete a group goal where I have to use 12 boost during chef duels, the game does not recognize the fact that I have used the boosts, most of the times.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Wow, cH4rF1r3, that is SO helpful!

The update finally showed up in the App Store so I guess I'll install it after reset tomorrow. I may install a version on my kindle tonight as a test but will delete it.

Some parts DO sound interesting but, since it isn't mandatory I might've stuck with the old version for a bit longer except that I have noticed a lot of odd stuff happening in duels with people who probably have updated already. During many duels these past few days, my equipment doesn't seem to work properly, I'm not referring to the sabotages, but cooking devices appear to be working differently in duels than in regular venue play. I've had really weird experiences particularly in GP and PT -- I wouldn't have expected that because neither the PT ovens nor the GP assembler have the now-retired "perfect" mechanism -- where fully-upgraded equipment slowed down to an absurd molasses-like rate (like customer flow sans Rush Hour). I'm chalking it up to playing against upgraded people because not all the duels in those venues had that issue.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I would also add that while the max amount of friends is 20, I was able to increase to 25 by paying some gold. I think 5 or 6
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Was the update for all platforms or just IOS?