Options

The Cooking Gauge?

So I just updated to the new update. First thing I noticed was the world map. Looks...er, different...but then I played a chef duel in Lucky Langoustine.

Is it just me, or have the cooking gauges on the grill and boiling stations disappeared? Have the cooking meters disappeared in all venues?

Comments

• Options
    chefniddochefniddo Registered Users 11 Posts
    Yes, they've all been changed to timers because they changed the Food Thermometer boost to Cheers, where all drinks now give you 4x coins.
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    Wow, that is unfortunate. What a curve ball
  • Options
    M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    I agree! Loved to use food thermometer in LL. I did notice the recipe prep time dropped from 3 hours to 2 hours. I wonder if they got rid of the food thermometer since it worked in so few of the restaurants. I will miss it. I haven't tried out it's replacement yet.
  • Options
    Abigail YYAbigail YY Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 15 Posts
    I love food thermometer too. What a shame they decided to replace it. I have completed 59 episodes with five stars with 1 remain (waiting for rush hour day to use fast feet and food theomonitor as boost) now I don't know how can I complete this rest and earn gold ticket
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Cooking meters are gone, only seasoning has a meter now.

Grills that used a cooking meter were replaced with a regular grill. Fully upgraded they're very fast. Boiler in LL is the same speed as the one in CC and Ultime's blowtorch turns off after it finishes.
  • Options
    KarJoKarJo Registered Users 19 Posts
    I've updated - well, I was trying not to but my iPad did it anyway - and I still have for thermometer on my VIP dishes list. Am preparing it now just to see what happens. But agree with all the above, it was a great boost. The cynic in me thinks Glu got rid of it so we'd have to update all the grills - using food thermometer was a way of getting around this.