World map is a bit odd???

So the updated map - scrolls a bit oddly doesn't it? You'd think the right arrow would take you East and the left arrow would take you West, but it seems to jump around all over the place. Don't like it at all.

Comments

• RoxoRoxo Registered Users 47 Posts
    I kinda like the new map :) it takes getting used to but looks much better and more accurate :p.
    I believe the arrow goes in the order the venue was introduced in the game, therefore jumps a bit :)
  • FusionGalaxyFusionGalaxy Registered Users 135 Posts
    I like the new map too! All restaurants are in order by the way they are unlocked by XP.
  • brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    I wish they were in West - East order personally.. and sometimes it's hard to get just the right spot to click the buoy or submarine
  • CrazyCanukCrazyCanuk Registered Users 37 Posts
    The new map is horrible trying to get the free objects for stuff. Please fix. I have a big phone, and I still have to spend too much time trying to get my stuff.
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Emphatically agree with both of the above posts!

brew - Accurately geographical East/West across the globe would be so much better. Even alphabetically would be slightly less disorienting in trying to find a venue! But far better to just respect planet Earth, man! It's the total randomness of it as is that I find so frustrating.

CrazyCanuk - It's awful! Because venues aren't where you expect them to be, each "step" over might turn into a leap or jump or dip. Takes so long to postition the wheel of randomness to reveal the special objects.

I did report both of those issues to support. Their reply began: "Interesting, SuFe...We'll look into it."

I kinda don't know how to take that, lol! Hasn't starting a sentence with the word "interesting" become a blow-off? Or is that only if it's repeated twice? 😜

- SuFe718
  • BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    I don't enjoy the new map either. It's sometimes impossible to click on special items because they are obscured by a restaurant picture. But if you move then the item moves too. It used to be kind of fun before to go around searching for stuff and now it's just frustrating. :(

This could've been easily solved by having two separate controls for the map and for the restaurant carousel.
  • erina senpaierina senpai Registered Users 16 Posts
    Just click gastroyatch pacifica for left side items. Alternate between bigbay burgers and pizza paisan in the middle. Sweet n savory for rhe right side. I agree, it takes getting used to but still makes sense.
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Just click gastroyatch pacifica for left side items. Alternate between bigbay burgers and pizza paisan in the middle. Sweet n savory for rhe right side. I agree, it takes getting used to but still makes sense.

Erina, I'm not sure that would work for everyone because someone in a post earlier in this thread mentions the restaurants appear in order they were opened and/or by XP, potentially making different map layouts for different players. That information didn't come from a GLU representative but it did make sense of my map layout where LL is between DnC and PT.

- SuFe718
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Emphatically agree with both of the above posts!

brew - Accurately geographical East/West across the globe would be so much better. Even alphabetically would be slightly less disorienting in trying to find a venue! But far better to just respect planet Earth, man! It's the total randomness of it as is that I find so frustrating.

CrazyCanuk - It's awful! Because venues aren't where you expect them to be, each "step" over might turn into a leap or jump or dip. Takes so long to postition the wheel of randomness to reveal the special objects.

I did report both of those issues to support. Their reply began: "Interesting, SuFe...We'll look into it."

I kinda don't know how to take that, lol! Hasn't starting a sentence with the word "interesting" become a blow-off? Or is that only if it's repeated twice? 

Wow their response sounded dry..., it basically means they don't plan on actually looking into it.