Options

How many people make in-game purchases?

Just wondering how many people out there are putting their own money into the game for gold and upgrades. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    FrauFrau Registered Users 2 Posts
    I most definitely am one, who has been spending $$$. Any tips to avoid the constant need to replenish in order to advance?
  • Options
    JellybeenzJellybeenz Registered Users 13 Posts
    Frau wrote: »
    I most definitely am one, who has been spending $$$. Any tips to avoid the constant need to replenish in order to advance?

Just curious, are you 100% in the levels that you have open? I am too cheap to spend anything, and I selectively open my venues so I can focus all of my gold earnings towards upgrades - but I am nowhere near 100%!
  • Options
    phaedrusphaedrus Registered Users 47 Posts
    I spent $2.95 on gold when I first started playing - just to get rid of the ads. Haven't spent any $$$ since
  • Options
    Snakes 1960Snakes 1960 Registered Users 19 Posts
    You can avoid paying for coins by buying and sellingi tems in the farmers market.It is way better than watching videos.
    I have been spending coins freely and still have over 300,000 coins unused at any given time.
  • Options
    FrauFrau Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am not 100% in any of the venues, but have them all opened. Am curious to know how many venues other players have open and how far and how quickly they advance without spending $$$...
  • Options
    punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    I haven't spent anything beyond the $3 to remove ads. I bide my time with the game (I mean, I also gotta go to work sometime :)) so I only have nine of the restaurants funded and most of them are upgraded only enough to get 5 stars on each level and win most of my duels. After maxing out stars on Sweet & Savory Street Food, I took a week or two to farm daily gold and upgrade Chef Arena (everything's so expensive there!), and now I'm banking gold again to finish upgrading Ultime, since they changed the torch behavior and boosts don't work on it anymore.

(I funded S&SSF at the venue sale around Christmas so I don't mind being patient...I also go back and forth between Restaurant Dash and Cooking Dash.)

Frankly, I have gotten a lot more than $3 of entertainment out of this game since it launched, but I'm totally in a mindset of "I'm not going to pay real money for fake money," so...
  • Options
    punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    One unfortunate side effect of Chef Arena is that I am now broke. (In the game. I was down to 500 coins.)
  • Options
    DbabyjohnsonDbabyjohnson Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have spent only a few dollars.