Options

Wishelin Inspector not ordering his VIP dishes?

My Wishelin Inspector arrived tonight for the first time since the latest update and in each of the four venues, he ordered four meals but NONE of them were his special VIP meals! What a weird glitch!

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    AribearAribear Registered Users 16 Posts
    I had this happen the other day!! I was so confused!
  • Options
    Snakes 1960Snakes 1960 Registered Users 19 Posts
    Same here.
  • Options
    M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    It happened to me too!
  • Options
    LordArkanaLordArkana Registered Users 4 Posts
    I was about to create a post about this, glad to see I'm not the only one! Maybe it's a new feature?
  • Options
    DbabyjohnsonDbabyjohnson Registered Users 5 Posts
    I am having this same issue. The inspector is only sticking around for one episode even though I have more than one dish prepared.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    LordArkana wrote: »
    I was about to create a post about this, glad to see I'm not the only one! Maybe it's a new feature?
    I hope not -- it's a horrible waste of premium ingredients! Even though he doesn't order the VIP dishes, they are consumed and must be remade to summon him again. You should report it to support re the cog in-game (I will do so as well).
    I am having this same issue. The inspector is only sticking around for one episode even though I have more than one dish prepared.
    That is very unusual! He normally stays for several hours and attends 3-4 venues per inspection session. He does show up in only one episode per venue but one epi in one venue every ~3.5 days is not his typical behavior. I suggest you also contact support through the in-game cog.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    The inspector only visits 2 venues, one episode in each. But I'm having the same issue lately - inspector not ordering the dish. He does leave some rewards but seems less than usual. I'll try to capture some evidence next time, although this post should be enough.On a related note - I've also had some issues with using special dishes and then characters not showing up. Sent a note in game, got a canned response so far.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    BunnyRanch wrote: »
    The inspector only visits 2 venues, one episode in each. But I'm having the same issue lately - inspector not ordering the dish. He does leave some rewards but seems less than usual. I'll try to capture some evidence next time, although this post should be enough.On a related note - I've also had some issues with using special dishes and then characters not showing up. Sent a note in game, got a canned response so far.
    Hi Bunny! The number of venues he appears in during each inspection session must be related to game level or fame level or something else because I've been getting him in 4 venues per session for the past several months.

I did submit a ticket about Inspector not ordering his special venue dishes and they replied that it is a known bug that they are working hard to fix. So there's that, fwiw.

As for the regular VIPs not showing up (I assume you mean when using their boost dishes; despite awkward language in the showcase store, wearing venue-specific outfits alone does NOT summon any VIPs), I haven't experienced that -- at least not yet, lol! It wouldn't surprise me if it's another new bug. But historically, pre-RO update, they would occasionally appear fairly late in an episode making it important to serve all diners to give VIPs the opportunity to show up. VIP timing within episodes has always varied (it IS rare that they show up only towards the end or as final diners but it does happen) but perhaps in RO update devs tried to randomize it even more and went overboard.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Jordan RyanJordan Ryan Registered Users 36 Posts
    I've just had the inspector arrive and aside from not ordering his special dishes he's not showing up at all in Dubai even though he says he's there. Have tried refreshing the game etc. but he still doesn't show, annoying glitch. He was fine in the other 3 restaurants
  • Options
    BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    There is Wikia entry that says the inspector visits 2 restaurants: http://gordonramsaydash.wikia.com/wiki/Wishelin_InspectorIt worked the same way for me all the time (I'm level 30) but I don't know for sure what the rule is. It is possible that it works differently. Thanks for following up with support! I got the screenshots today but already have a contact open with them on another issue and apparently can't open another conversation.
  • Options
    Honeypie4321Honeypie4321 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Hey guys, for me, The inspector only shows up in 2 venues each time and lately hasn't ordered his signature dish. In one venue, he's in later episodes, and the other usually earlier episodes.