Options

New royal orchid restaurant

Abigail YYAbigail YY Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 15 Posts
anyone updated and unlocked? Love Thai food and wanna try but worried about bug . Pls share

Comments

• Options
    ANDREA44ANDREA44 Registered Users 21 Posts
    The venue itself does not have a bug as far as I can see (am in season 2). But the update itself is quite qlitchy - many players could not create group goals anymore. It seems to be fixed on iOs though, still waiting for the Android fix. So you might want to wait...
  • Options
    ANDREA44 wrote: »
    The venue itself does not have a bug as far as I can see (am in season 2). But the update itself is quite qlitchy - many players could not create group goals anymore. It seems to be fixed on iOs though, still waiting for the Android fix. So you might want to wait...
    Thanks dear I will wait
  • Options
    FusionGalaxyFusionGalaxy Registered Users 135 Posts
    On android there are no errors or glitches for me.
  • Options
    ANDREA44ANDREA44 Registered Users 21 Posts
    It seems to be fixed now, at least I can create goals again
  • Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    To those who have unlocked the venue, how do you find it? Are there any stations with seasoning or cooking meters?
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    No cooking meters but lots of elements -- both ingredients and cooking stations. Without giving too much away, in addition to ingredients, there are 1 drink and 2 condiment dispensers (not used for finishing dishes). There's a rice cooker and a tap-to-dispense item. As for equipment, there are fryers, soup stations, woks, plus rice and noodle combiners (as in Street Food venue). I think that's more different types of tasks than in any other venue to date. I got the auto-chef right away and it is still a lot of rushing around the room and a lot to remember. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be without autochef (another reason why I wish they would introduce a toggle for autochef so it could be turned on and off after purchase, for an extra challenge)!

I've only completed season 3 so far (I've gone back to five star those episodes before moving on) but seem to have opened all food and equipment already so anticipate six increasingly complex dishes in the remaining seasons. Probably items which require several types of cooking to create. Already combiner plus cooking tasks have been introduced which seem precursors to 3-4 step recipes.

Finally, customers may order many items at once: Entree, side dish, condiment, plus drink. They don't sit and order additional items, as in KC, or order apps then meal, as in LL. So the order bubbles are crowded and it's easy to miss something until you serve only to discover there was a condiment wanted.

I think it's fun. It's very challenging so far but in exactly the ways I think this game is about: Memory, organization, time-management, precision tapping.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    ^ Thank you.
  • Options
    No cooking meters but lots of elements -- both ingredients and cooking stations. Without giving too much away, in addition to ingredients, there are 1 drink and 2 condiment dispensers (not used for finishing dishes). There's a rice cooker and a tap-to-dispense item. As for equipment, there are fryers, soup stations, woks, plus rice and noodle combiners (as in Street Food venue). I think that's more different types of tasks than in any other venue to date. I got the auto-chef right away and it is still a lot of rushing around the room and a lot to remember. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be without autochef (another reason why I wish they would introduce a toggle for autochef so it could be turned on and off after purchase, for an extra challenge)!

I've only completed season 3 so far (I've gone back to five star those episodes before moving on) but seem to have opened all food and equipment already so anticipate six increasingly complex dishes in the remaining seasons. Probably items which require several types of cooking to create. Already combiner plus cooking tasks have been introduced which seem precursors to 3-4 step recipes.

Finally, customers may order many items at once: Entree, side dish, condiment, plus drink. They don't sit and order additional items, as in KC, or order apps then meal, as in LL. So the order bubbles are crowded and it's easy to miss something until you serve only to discover there was a condiment wanted.

I think it's fun. It's very challenging so far but in exactly the ways I think this game is about: Memory, organization, time-management, precision tapping.

very good info thanks and I will upgrade now
  • Options
    UPDATE: I have progressed a bit since my last post, although I have still not yet quite completed the venue.

A new combiner-type station opened in Season 4. It was included as part of my autochef so I missed seeing it in the upgrade area of venue shop, which is why I neglected to mention it. There is one other area where it's possible for something else to open up during the remaining episodes but I suppose it could also remain just a decorative space since there isn't any additional equipment shown in the venue's upgrade shop. More than likely it will remain inactive as a foil (an area in which to mis-tap when rushing around). But, based on the complexity of this venue so far and all the new recipe prep/combo methods, anything could happen there!

Three new recipes were introduced (one of which is produced by that new station) in s4. I'm now halfway through s5 and no 3-step recipes, requiring two different cooking techniques, have been introduced as I had anticipated (at least not as of yet ;) ); however several more 2-step combiner-plus-cooking recipes have been added.

I'll likely finish off the venue during today's Happy Hour event and will post again if I encounter anything wildly different -- or maybe someone who has already finished can post about whatever I haven't covered.

-SuFe

- SuFe718
  • Options
    BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    Did you have to do a lot of updates to play? I'm having worst time with this restaurant, barely making it through even in the 2nd season. Upgraded some equipment but it's still way too slow and so many steps require upgrading multiple items. Everything costs so much, I feel like it might be cheaper to buy a real life restaurant. :)
  • Options
    BunnyRanch wrote: »
    Did you have to do a lot of updates to play? I'm having worst time with this restaurant, barely making it through even in the 2nd season. Upgraded some equipment but it's still way too slow and so many steps require upgrading multiple items. Everything costs so much, I feel like it might be cheaper to buy a real life restaurant. :)

Lol, yes, it was very expensive to upgrade. It seems that each new venue is getting more and more expensive although I find it easier to get 5 star gold in them than it was in the older ones.

In RO, I fully upgraded all food and most equipment (anything which increased cooking speed or coins per serving) as well as the coin-increasing decor. I upgraded all the patience decor just to the point before they added new customers. I had to fully upgrade counter (eat speed) to add a customer towards the end in order to earn 5-star gold on just one last episode (s4 e9 or 10 iirc) -- even with 3 VIP slots and a Happy Hour event, I couldn't earn enough coins without that one extra diner. I also opened both warming plates, all 3 VIP slots (first 2 were free), and got the autochef. I really can't imagine playing Seasons 5-6 without it! That is far from 100% on decor, about 90% for equipment, 100% on food. In all, I think it cost about 750k coins and at least 500 (prob closer to 700) gold! I should keep better track but I fear if I did I'd be too shocked to continue playing, haha! Good thing the venues are alcohol-free or they'd probably charge us a massive liquor license fee!!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Lol, yes, it was very expensive to upgrade. It seems that each new venue is getting more and more expensive although I find it easier to get 5 star gold in them than it was in the older ones. In RO, I fully upgraded all food and most equipment (anything which increased cooking speed or coins per serving) as well as the coin-increasing decor. I upgraded all the patience decor just to the point before they added new customers. I had to fully upgrade counter (eat speed) to add a customer towards the end in order to earn 5-star gold on just one last episode (s4 e9 or 10 iirc) -- even with 3 VIP slots and a Happy Hour event, I couldn't earn enough coins without that one extra diner. I also opened both warming plates, all 3 VIP slots (first 2 were free), and got the autochef. I really can't imagine playing Seasons 5-6 without it! That is far from 100% on decor, about 90% for equipment, 100% on food. In all, I think it cost about 750k coins and at least 500 (prob closer to 700) gold! I should keep better track but I fear if I did I'd be too shocked to continue playing, haha! Good thing the venues are alcohol-free or they'd probably charge us a massive liquor license fee!!
    Wow it's so costly to run this restaurant . But it's fun . I just started last week and surviving with basic upgrade funded by gold earned from daily free video . All my upgrades are still below 20% and I completed season 3 with 3 stars (need to use fast feet as boost in some episodes in S3) . The reward is getting 5 blue tickets which I like a lot (this rest has many time limited rewards and most of them are blue tickets and gold) . Target to redeem autochef next week with tickets.