Options

Customers take too long to show up!

In the early restaurants where I nearly upgraded everything, I can easily rack up the super gordon frenzy to 2 or 3. Problem is, when I'm trying to earn 5 stars and serve all customers, I find that I often fail because customers just won't show up and take their sweet time. I'll often have just one customer to serve for several seconds, and by the time the others appear it's too late, when I would have had plenty of time to serve them if they appeared as soon as I cleared the tables.
Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to bypass this issue?

Comments

• Options
    Honeypie4321Honeypie4321 Registered Users 54 Posts
    LordArkana wrote: »
    In the early restaurants where I nearly upgraded everything, I can easily rack up the super gordon frenzy to 2 or 3. Problem is, when I'm trying to earn 5 stars and serve all customers, I find that I often fail because customers just won't show up and take their sweet time. I'll often have just one customer to serve for several seconds, and by the time the others appear it's too late, when I would have had plenty of time to serve them if they appeared as soon as I cleared the tables.
    Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to bypass this issue?

Have u upgraded the eating speed to the max? Mine's maxed out but the last customer takes a while for me too. You may need to use Loon Goh or Erica Nicola VIPs.
  • Options
    AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    This could be neglected with Rushing Hour VIP dish and diminished with fully upgraded counter. Also I don't know what is you tactic, but sometimes it's better to give up 3-tip swipe for more customers (don't wait for all 3 to be served, swipe on two and serve third one as other two getting on the stools).
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • Options
    JwackoJwacko Registered Users 7 Posts
    I have to agree with Asentinn. It really depends on the level and your upgrades. Sometimes sacrificing the swipe 3 for extra is not worth it. The extra customer you serve gives more money if you are suffering from customers not appearing fast enough.

And Honeypie4321 is right also. Counter is one of my first thing to be fully upgraded.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    BunnyRanchBunnyRanch Registered Users 67 Posts
    Counter upgade only speeds up the eating time, it does nothing to make the customers to show up faster. I agree that using VIP helps but it's not always beneficial as in some restaurants other VIP combinations provide better results.

it does happen to me though - yesterday I counted no customers at all for 3 seconds. Not sure if it's intentional or just part of the overall buggyness lately. You're definitely not alone and it does not seem fair.
  • Options
    BunnyRanch wrote: »
    Counter upgade only speeds up the eating time, it does nothing to make the customers to show up faster.

That's partially true. If you can deal with customers faster it does make the difference in the end because new one can arrive earlier.
  • Options
    LordArkanaLordArkana Registered Users 4 Posts
    Asentinn wrote: »
    That's partially true. If you can deal with customers faster it does make the difference in the end because new one can arrive earlier.

While true, it's not always the case. I think the problem is that customers are supposed to line up for a specific seat. If, say, there are 2 customers left to serve, and only one is seated, it's possible that the next one is supposed to be behind them - so unless you serve the first one, the second will never appear, even if there's plenty of time left and two seats available. They should change that so customers appear whenever there is a free seat, I've lost many duels because of this, on top of not getting the 5-star 'served all customers' thing. It's frustrating!
  • Options
    LordArkana wrote: »
    While true, it's not always the case. I think the problem is that customers are supposed to line up for a specific seat. If, say, there are 2 customers left to serve, and only one is seated, it's possible that the next one is supposed to be behind them - so unless you serve the first one, the second will never appear, even if there's plenty of time left and two seats available. They should change that so customers appear whenever there is a free seat, I've lost many duels because of this, on top of not getting the 5-star 'served all customers' thing. It's frustrating!

Not exactly. If that was the case the customers should always appear where the Prepmonition's baloon is shown. And thats not the case right?
    When replaying same episode (Delish&Chips s01e01) on and on I've noticed that there are around 3 patterns and customers always appear at the set amount of time - for example, last one sits at 0:16 when using 1 boost and having 7 customers (9 with VIP).
    So you're probably right that only Rushing Hour helps with discussed issue.