Since CS update, two handed prep messing up?

Is this happening to anyone else: When approaching cooking/seasoning stations with a dish in each hand, giving a quick tap, expecting the dishes to go into the areas consistent with the orders in the queue, one is totally shocked when one discovers the complete opposite of what was expected has occurred!?! This requires either the penalty of throwing out one dish and carrying around the other, until it's ordered, if it even ever is(which it usually isn't in PPP, like fried bread or fried bacon poutine (I think that's the yellow red blob the autochef prepares) since, once you have the autochef you cannot complete the next steps of those recipes yourself. Or, when available, putting the two wrong dishes on the warming plates, meaning those areas cannot be used to pre-prep desserts or other dishes for quick use. Either way, time is lost because the orders must be restarted and prepared one at a time so the game doesn't transpose the intended preparation methods. SO annoying!

The game USED to prepare what was on order in a predictable manner but no more. Especially noticeable in PPP, DitS, and BBB although it may occur in other venues as well.

I reported it to support, asking if it was a bug or an intentional change to gameplay mechanics. Since they split the prep/serve method into a two-handed one with the release of DB, if this is an intentional change, it's totally crippling. They didn't give me a straight answer, just said they'd take my message as "feedback " and forward it to the developers. :/.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

- SuFe718

Comments

• Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    I am also having this problem. Started a couple days ago, and I noticed it in Delish n Chips. The first few times, I thought I was just messing up, but now it is every time I play that venue. Then it happened in LL this morning. I reported it, but haven't heard anything back from them.
  • Julz81Julz81 Registered Users 23 Posts
    I too am having this problem.
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I did notice. Now, I have to really watch myself.
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    This is messing with me too! Best I can tell it has to do with the order in which I pick up the ingredients. In BBB if I pick up ham and then potato skins from the warmer, then tap the chili for the potato skins and attempt to drop the ham on the lettuce to make a wrap, I am saddened to discover it dropped the ham on the chili. It makes my avatar need to travel inefficiently around the kitchen to grab the ingredients in the order needed now. It also messes up my flow trying to figure out what went wrong and deal with the incorrect dish.
  • AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    Bumping the issue. In PP when having in hand sausage and chicken and customers wants chicken salad and sausage pizza - gets me chicken pizza and sausage salad. Before the update that was NEVER the case, so I can safely run with two ingredients and depend on the game to "sort those things by itselt".
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    EXACTLY!!! These are all things I have experienced as well. I'm glad to learn I'm not alone but saddened to discover it's a bug because Support did not confirm it as such -- usually they'll say they're working on it although have no timeframe for the fix whereas for this issue they simply said they'd take it as "feedback" to send to the devs. Did I post that already? Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I'm just extremely frustrated by this problem!

M0M, that's interesting. If it correlates to ingredient pick up/station drop, at least there's a way around it but when I'm rushing around during a duel, I really don't need another layer of organization to be required! I hope they fix it with the next update.

I'm also getting serious lag issues, particularly during special events and the 48 hours prior to reset. At first it seemed to occur only during duels but now I'm noticing it during regular episodic play. It also -seems- to happen during long play sessions, as if the game can no longer manage its resources for more than 20 minutes. The game will totally freeze for .5-1 second at a time up to three (!!!) times during an episode/duel. It has caused several duel losses bc my taps go out of sync during the freezes (so things burn, sabotages begin causing taps to be unproductive, etc). The occurrence after long play would seem to indicate that my device is lacking but I have super fast, stable wifi, plenty of available memory, and I now play GRD with no other apps open so I really doubt my device is to blame. CS suggested I restart my iPhone each time I wish to play to clear all memory stubs. I play multiple times per day and really do not wish (nor do I think it should be necessary) to restart my phone every time I feel like entering this game! Perhaps I should begin a new thread dedicated to this issue but I'm wondering if any of you here in this thread have noticed it (to help determine if it's a game problem or a me thing).

- SuFe718
  • bec13bec13 Registered Users 31 Posts
    I also am having this issue
  • Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    This is made worse when using Nigel and carrying multiple ingredients. Fortunately, I only use him for goals, but it is extremely frustrating.
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Thanks for letting me know about this! I've forwarded this to the team. Moving this thread to Bugs & Issues.
  • TutanTutan Registered Users 27 Posts
    Is there a status update on this bug? I've tried contacting support, but it's hard to describe the issue in a way that makes sense.
  • Adrian AAdrian A Registered Users 12 Posts
    Yes, I have been experiencing this too. I just assumed it was a gameplay change, so I will need to learn a new set of reactions. Frustrating nonetheless.
  • AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    That's why I've suggested patch notes in Suggestions forum. That way we will have transparency what is deliberate decision and what is bug.
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)