Options

Gold Rich, Coin Poor

I can't say no to myself when I itch to buy gold. Drives hubby mad. Anyway, after upgrading the Chef Arena enough to beat Flo, I found myself gaining gold from GG and Daily Goals, but not enough money to spend on upgrades.

I had to sell steak today in order to afford onions! Odd spot to be in.

Comments

• Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    Play your best high level restaurant, ie in Delish & Chips I don't need boosts to get about 2000 coins on the very last level.

Also, if you've been playing a while and have 100s of grey and blue tickets like I do, go into the duel store, buy the coin package 3x, and you can also buy the higher priced ingredients for a few tickets, then sell them in the market
  • Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    Yes, I have autochef in there, fish already breaded and potatoes, meat fish etc already cut
  • Options
    LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I wonder if anyone has 5-starred DC and/or PT without the autochefs? Am stuck and sort of refusing to upgrade the chopping/combo stations knowing I will get the autochefs for those venues.

Thanks for the tips. Will likely be trading tickets for coins. Wasn't aware of the option. Thanks!
  • Options
    AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    I wonder if anyone has 5-starred DC and/or PT without the autochefs? Am stuck and sort of refusing to upgrade the chopping/combo stations knowing I will get the autochefs for those venues.

Thanks for the tips. Will likely be trading tickets for coins. Wasn't aware of the option. Thanks!

NEVER trade tickets for coins. There will be the time when you have enough gold tickets to buy AC, but lacking blue ones. Grey tickets should be (imo) spend only on ticket boxes and gold packages from duels.

Coins are easily earned by playing with market (buy low, sell high). You can easily earn 5k coins in 1 to 10 minutes (depending on market activity). Tickets are not so easily obtained.

From my experience you cannot finish 5* DC or PT without upgrading the appliances AND without AC. PT is especially tight when comes to rating. With AC, of course - without it, just upgrade appliances, food 100% and coin/eating speed bonuses from decor.
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • Options
    Right now, am good on blue and pink. Have only two gold tickets. Will need to open another venue before I can duel for the gold.

I have heard about market profiteering, but prefer to do that only in emergencies right now.

I think I have spent around $70 RL on this game in the few weeks I have been playing. I hated Cooking Dash, but Gordan changes the whole thing. I love him from Top Chef and Kitchen Nightmares.
  • Options
    ChefboirdeeChefboirdee Registered Users 13 Posts

D&C is one of the few restaurants where i have 5 starred every level with no autochef. My upgrades are 64% appliances, 68% food, and 88% decor. I only used fast feet and cheers as my prep chef. That seemed to do the trick for me!
  • Options
    That's good to know, friend. I decided early on to get Thistleworth no matter what, simply because I like her. She will really add character to that restaurant.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    If you've only been playing for a few weeks, LadyInDenim, be patient and play as often as possible, especially during Free Play events! Focus on your best venue(s) -- as brew suggested -- to mine coins.

Make sure, as long as you have the gold to spend, that you upgrade all food in those venues to 100% for maximum profit as well as any equipment which increases coins per servings (many of the drink and dessert dispensers do but not all so read info blurbs carefully). Also upgrade min and max tip decor to earn the most coinage you possibly can.

I now only use boosts for dueling and group goals (I did need them to assist in achieving 5star gold ranking a number of episodes across the venues). But, again as brew mentioned, and contrary to Asentinn's advice, I did buy coins for tickets in the showcase store when I was first starting out about a little over a year ago. I do still regularly buy gold for tickets (there's a limit of 3 per week for all the resources/consumables). I duel a lot, and I complete the chef arena every week, so those 6 tickets for gold aren't a great loss for me vs the advantage. Personally, I've had the least luck with the ticket boxes -- once in a while I'll complete a group goal for one but I find the drops less than thrilling so Ihavent ever been able to rationalize spending tickets for a ticket box. If I dueled less, maybe I'd feel differently. Winning a duel often gives a blue ticket, also you will get blue tickets at the end of the week if you don't exceed chef de partie rank (higher ranks give gold tickets), additionally, you'll get 3 hour tickets if you beat boss Joe Marconi (& 2 gold for beating Gordon) in the chef arena -- all that is to say, I find those to be better/surer ways of obtaining ones desired tickets.

But I digress, you asked about earning coins. Just play a lot in the venues/episodes in which you make the most. Fortunately, your highest profit score is always right there in the leader board so it'll help you make the best choices. Persevere! As with any game I've liked and stuck with for over a year, I began by feeling SO restricted by being coin poor for so long but somehow, almost without noticing it, all of a sudden, the coins had piled up! For example, while I have bought gold for real world money in GRD, I've never bought coins for cash (as I wrote above, I've been playing for a bit over a year); and at the risk of sounding as if I do nothing else but play this game (I assure you, I do lots of other things, I DO have a bit of a life, lol), I was shocked the other day when I looked at my coin balance and found it was over 6million!

So have fun and keep at it. Just as in real life, the more coins you have, the easier it is to do things (like upgrade/expand), and the faster the profits then pile up around you! Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to carry off in GRD than IRL. :p

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Brilliant! It never occurred to me to check my own score on the earnings board when scouting episodes for coin.

I am having a great time. Stopped playing Sims completely.
  • Options
    bec13bec13 Registered Users 31 Posts
    If you've only been playing for a few weeks, LadyInDenim, be patient and play as often as possible, especially during Free Play events! Focus on your best venue(s) -- as brew suggested -- to mine coins.

Make sure, as long as you have the gold to spend, that you upgrade all food in those venues to 100% for maximum profit as well as any equipment which increases coins per servings (many of the drink and dessert dispensers do but not all so read info blurbs carefully). Also upgrade min and max tip decor to earn the most coinage you possibly can.

I now only use boosts for dueling and group goals (I did need them to assist in achieving 5star gold ranking a number of episodes across the venues). But, again as brew mentioned, and contrary to Asentinn's advice, I did buy coins for tickets in the showcase store when I was first starting out about a little over a year ago. I do still regularly buy gold for tickets (there's a limit of 3 per week for all the resources/consumables). I duel a lot, and I complete the chef arena every week, so those 6 tickets for gold aren't a great loss for me vs the advantage. Personally, I've had the least luck with the ticket boxes -- once in a while I'll complete a group goal for one but I find the drops less than thrilling so Ihavent ever been able to rationalize spending tickets for a ticket box. If I dueled less, maybe I'd feel differently. Winning a duel often gives a blue ticket, also you will get blue tickets at the end of the week if you don't exceed chef de partie rank (higher ranks give gold tickets), additionally, you'll get 3 hour tickets if you beat boss Joe Marconi (& 2 gold for beating Gordon) in the chef arena -- all that is to say, I find those to be better/surer ways of obtaining ones desired tickets.
    Same & same. I only got Autochefs for Arena and probs the last 2-3 venues released; I got 5 star in everything prior before even upgrading anything other than food to 100%. I also could have done without the Autochefs on the newer venues but I was impatient and there were time-limited trophies I wanted to achieve, as I have been bitter about missing out on some of them due to the Wishelin Inspector not coming and not having the option to call him.
  • Options
    Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    The only time I have ever been coin poor was when I was upgrading the arena. Have never been gold rich! I would not buy coins with tickets, but I use my tickets for auto chefs, buying gold, and VIP boxes. I wish we could use coins for other things because I have way more than I need or can use.

With the goals now, you can get a lot of coins with the super Gordon one. I also use my higher paying venues to complete goals whenever possible (& during free play events).
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    That's true, there are two levels of coin prize GGs for using super Gordon frenzies (which, honestly, you're probably going to use anyway). That's a great way to earn extra coins. I'm glad Jen posted about that.

I actually don't think 10 grey + 1 blue ticket is a bad deal for 5000 coins but, because I've been playing for a while, I have plenty of grey (and pink) tickets and enough blue (and gold) ones that I can spend a few weekly without feeling depleted. I just personally cannot, as I wrote before, rationalize spending 100 grey tickets on the premium ticket box bc my experience when getting those boxes from GGs is pink tickets inside 90% of the time. Too disappointing and too big a gamble for me. But everyone is different. Anyone accustomed to getting at least 50% blue or gold tickets from that box would, of course, be much more optimistic about them, lol!

I, also (as per someone's post upthread), wish there was something to do with extra coins (aside from the 750k-1mill it now takes to open and sufficiently upgrade a new venue). Maybe something along the lines of buying gold and/or prep dishes for coins (hint hint)! Prob never gonna happen -- even if only as a special offer once or twice a year -- but it sure would be nice. :D

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Salmon rollSalmon roll Registered Users 106 Posts
    In Cooking Dash, its the other way around. I have 1 million + coins and zero gold 90% of the time