Always low on hearts

I feel like I'm missing some simple insight into how group goals work because I'm always running low on hearts. Right now I have 111 hearts and I often have less than 100, and I've done 56 group goals so far this week.

We don't have many avenues for collecting hearts. Do I just need to buckle down and do that "collect 8 recipes to receive 100 hearts" task which costs 2 gold? I've been avoiding it, but I fear it is definitely in my future.

Comments

• AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    Just by having full friend list (20 w/o upgrades?) you are gaining twice the capacity hearts daily (20 friends = 40 hearts). When someone finish your goals you are getting 1/2/3 (easy/medium/hard) hearts. The key here is to balance easy goals that gives you 50 hearts, with harder ones - and always, always take those goals that your community is going to finish (so don't waste gold or hearts on creating Wishelin goal) - that takes few tries to recognize which one is best option.

Another tip: ALWAYS before tapping objects on map, check if you don't have that Goal to create or if there is any you can join to. Thats free 15 or 55 hearts there.

And when really struggling with hearts (ex. you are lacking that one golden ticket or few blue/ping ones to AC and mass opening Ticke Boxes) just do all day long easy goals.
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • bec13bec13 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Asentinn wrote: »
    Just by having full friend list (20 w/o upgrades?) you are gaining twice the capacity hearts daily (20 friends = 40 hearts). When someone finish your goals you are getting 1/2/3 (easy/medium/hard) hearts. The key here is to balance easy goals that gives you 50 hearts, with harder ones - and always, always take those goals that your community is going to finish (so don't waste gold or hearts on creating Wishelin goal) - that takes few tries to recognize which one is best option.

Another tip: ALWAYS before tapping objects on map, check if you don't have that Goal to create or if there is any you can join to. Thats free 15 or 55 hearts there.

And when really struggling with hearts (ex. you are lacking that one golden ticket or few blue/ping ones to AC and mass opening Ticke Boxes) just do all day long easy goals.

Agree with all this. I mostly do easy goals coz I need the hearts and always look for the Tap 5 Objects goal beforehand. Everyone needs hearts so you know your community will do that goal too. Win/win.
  • brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    I find at least once a week I'm hitting 1000 hearts and buying the ticket box, and I only do easy and medium goals, never hard. I'm not paying 4 gold for 100 hearts and risking that the goal doesn't get done. probably about 80/20 easy/medium
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Totally agree!

One thing to add: CREATING Easy level goals always gives you 50 hearts on top of the prize for finishing the goal (providing your friends complete it)! The Map Objects one is fantastic bc people will always complete it so, as Asentinn said, it's a fast and easy 55 hearts to earn as a creator. People will also usually complete the Laguna Burger one; the grey ticket GG seems less popular. Remember though, if you're going to create a lot of goals, be a good friend and participate in other people's goals as well.

Rather than staking your gold on Hard level goals, take the plunge and increase the number of your friends. That'll give you more hearts flooding in everyday, a larger selection of goals to finish, and more friends to complete goals you create. It makes a HUGE difference and, imo, is totally worth the investment! Check the stickied thread here Looking for Active Players and don't feel bad about adjusting your list frequently until you get a group of people who match your social hub style. Some play GGs more, some less, so it usually takes some juggling (actually, most ppl are -always- winnowing their list) before you find players who finish around the same amount of goals as you, complete your goals as often as you complete theirs, etc.

Good luck!

- SuFe718
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Not really. You just lose the hearts or gold "entry" fee. And you let your friend down; they may not have enough time for others to complete the goal -- that's not to imply that by accepting a goal you prevent others from getting a spot; more people than are required can be working on a goal simultaneously. I just mean that if at some point you KNOW you're not going to be able to complete a goal, there is a penalty-free (entry fee excluded) option to Quit which removes you from the list of active participants. You tap on the goal card in your social hub and tap Quit. It's a slightly safer and kinder way of exiting as opposed to just letting the timer run out. Although sometimes that happens too and it's okay. In fact, it just now happened to me because the Glu server refused to acknowledge any of the times I completed the task (GG was use super Gordon 4 times; I used it 10+ times but none were counted and the timer ran out; I felt awful but I couldn't prevent it from happening, I did my best :) ).

- SuFe718
  • Daphne56477Daphne56477 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Should I be creating almost any easy/beginner group goal I can? I was concerned only certain goals are worth doing, so I was trying to avoid creating any goal that wasn't "tap 5 items" or "serve 6 VIPs". Will my friends get annoyed if I spam them with undesirable easy group goals? Right now I could make a "Serve Mandy Warlowe the Colossal Calzone Recipe 3 times; reward: 1 gold" easy group goal; isn't that a bad one that my friends would dislike seeing?

I increased my friend limit to 40. My friends list is mostly populated with random in-game suggestions and I'm getting the impression most of them don't participate in group goals. I've added a couple people from this forum and it's already making a huge difference! I am focusing on slowly adding and removing people to find active players.
  • bec13bec13 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Absolutely not! I don't know about the others here but I will do my own and everyone else's easy goals as often as possible. I love seeing others as I get either hearts or prep recipes and I think that's great. In my opinion, if your friends don't like it then they can delete you and find someone else, who cares! It is hard enough to find good players that pitch in now, doesn't matter if it's easy, medium or hard as long as they help when they can.

Like I said I tend to shy away from the hard goals as I don't normally have 10 prep recipes and if I do I'm not generally willing to waste them for a little bit of gold. But if it ties in with something else I'm doing and I have them then I will.

I think ink the only goal not worth doing is Serve Wishelin Inspector due to him not arriving for everyone at the same time; that being said if he is at mine and it's a goal that I can create, I will because I know I will finish it and get my prize, and it's no big deal if others don't do it.
  • AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    Bec and Daphne check your private messages!