Issues with new update and group goals

Anyone else have issues concerning group goals and connection error? I just updated to the latest version and I can see group goals but can't join any! So frustrating! My connection speeds are well above the required! I have restarted, logged in and out of Facebook, stood on my head and spun three times, any other ideas? Ouija board is next!lol Anytime help is appreciated!
AmyYep
Prev134

Comments

• Honeypie4321Honeypie4321 Registered Users 54 Posts
    I had a connection error for most of the day. Annoying!
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    Me too! I know my group goal friends probably did too. For the first time in a long time, I started a goal my friends didn't complete. I am guessing they had the connection error as Well. Things seem to be working now.
  • Honeypie4321Honeypie4321 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Ha that's happened with me and I was shocked too! Lol
  • Adrian AAdrian A Registered Users 12 Posts
    Since the update, none of the group goals I created have been finished. I get a second person complete the goal soon after I complete it, but that's it. No one else joins after that. This has never happened before, as all my friends are very active.

Is anyone else facing this issue by any chance?
  • AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    A lot of us are having issues with group goals, and are not able to see public goals or can't connect long enough to join any friends goals. We are waiting on customer support for a resolution. So if you are having problems with friends doing your goals, I wouldn't ditch the friends like some do, it may not be voluntary for them!
    Thanks AmyYep. Hope they fix things soon!
    I heard back from support but just the usual stuff, sorry.....appreciate your patience......wifi fast?....game memory....working on it...blah blah....constantly striving for best game performance....equals Sit and spin!
    Honeypie4321 please check your private message box.
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey guys! Sorry about this. I've passed this along to the team and they're taking a look at this.
  • gordonnygordonny Registered Users 28 Posts
    Hi, I got errors too after the recent updates...
    Seems some of my friends cannot see my group goals open, I can only invite them by using 25 hearts!
    gordonny
  • SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I can't see any goals either. All I can do is create a goal but not see or join and other goals? I created a goal on my husband's iPad with his account and I could not see it on my account on my phone but I know the goal is there for sure. I hope they fix this soon.
    I can't see goals either, I know they are there (because I had my husband create one on his account). I reported it to customer service and got a generic response, saying it was my internet? I have three internet connections at my house, all high speed, and all working fine.
    Yes I think some of my friends cannot see my group goals either after the recent update! Please help fix this asap, thanks.
    gordonny
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    Gordonny, I am not seeing your group goals :( I just noticed you sent a message to help with your goal. I hit the go button on the message and only then did your goal show up on my goal board. It should not be that way!!! I wonder how many goal opportunities I am missing and who is missing my goals. I should see everyone of my friends' group goals and all of them should see my goal without going through any hoops.
    There are many with these issues! Customer care knows but unsure of fix! So I wanted to post here so my friends know I haven't just ignored them! Anyone know if we can go back to pre update version of the game? Not having the group goals and social hub takes alot away from the game!
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    This is really frustrating, first I couldn't join goals and now I'm joining but not getting credited for doing them. Not ideal when you need deconstructed halwa at 3 hours waiting time!
    It had to be the update. My husband didn't update his game. He really doesn't play much , just downloaded it for me. His goals are fine and ihe can do everything normally in the hub. I updated and I can't see goals or do goals at all. There is no way to go back on updates. Trust me regular cooking dash made a huge mistake of limiting what restaurants power ups could be used, there was a so much anger. Everyone was mad that updated. It was the first time I saw them, about 4 updates later to change the game back so you could use the power ups anywhere but it took about 4 months of waiting.
  • Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    The first few days after the update, I didn't know it was there and didn't have any goals. I then realized there was an update, and the goals started showing up again, but only a couple. It has been intermittent since. Sometimes there are a normal amount, sometimes only one or two, and sometimes none (can't even get non-friend ones to show up in this case). Yesterday and today have been getting the connection errors too. Not getting any confirmation of friends completing my goals either. But they have all been completed-just don't know if I'm not getting the messages or if they aren't being seen by friends.
    Hi M0M, yes we should not be joining goals like this, some of my created GG are Easy/Common, usually it is not needed to send invite (with 25 hearts) to friends in order to let them know what I have created... This is so sad.

And I do not know if this fix today or not , see if friends can join :(
    gordonny
    And the hell continues! I either can't see friends goals or I can see them, but can't join! And I have not been able to see a public goals since the update! I only play this game vs cooking dash because of the social hub features! I have spoken to customer support and they are aware of the problem but it is a mystery as to when it will be fixed. They also will not let you go back to old version. Which to me would save so many issues. I have found a way to go back in ios, but I don't have a save of the last version of the game in iTunes! Fyi, if you are on ios back up to iTunes before updating any app, at least then you will have options! If anyone has a saved sync of game before update on ios in iTunes please let me know!
    Jen, I see your goals but I can't join! So sorry dear!❤️
  • LorneMalvoLorneMalvo Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hi, so I'm new here. Is there anyway to uninstall the HD graphics? I feel like it makes my game lag a lot (that or it's the update). Anyway, I've tried deleting and re downloading the app but when I log in it seems to download again automatically.
    Hi,
    Just an idea but have you tried touching the hd button that downloads the content? Just wondering if you maybe able to reverse it that way?
  • LorneMalvoLorneMalvo Registered Users 2 Posts
    The HD button isn't visible to me anymore :/ I didn't have a problem with lag on HD before the update ... hopefully it will just go back to normal when/if they fix the bugs. Thanks though :)
    Sorry I was hoping it would be an easy fix! I can't see goals, or do any goals since update. So at least your game is still functional! Lol Sent you a pm!
    When will they fix this bug? :confused: Still most of my friends cannot see my group goals and so they cannot join since the update!! I got 40 friends and everyone are super active in my list, but seems only 3 or 4 can join my group goals these days. Please help!
    gordonny
    I can sympathize with you! I can't see most goals, now even if I can see them, I still can't join them! So now it's like the game is taunting me! Nine goals this week, usually I can knock out that many in a day! It has to be a server issue on their side! I promise I will never bug them ever again for new content, just make my old content work again! This is sucking the fun, and my interest in playing right out! I'm emoji challenged so I will just say, sad tearful angry face!
    Since the update, none of the group goals I created have been finished. I get a second person complete the goal soon after I complete it, but that's it. No one else joins after that. This has never happened before, as all my friends are very active.

Is anyone else facing this issue by any chance?
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey guys! Thanks for all the useful information. I've been talking to the team about this and we're trying to get to the bottom of this. If you are encountering these issues can you please write into Customer Care with the following:

• I am unable to join Goals even though I can see them. Please pass this to DashingMike.
    • I am unable to see Goals that my friends have at all. Please pass this to DashingMike.
    • I am unable to join or see Goals that my friends have. Please pass this to DashingMike.

Thank you. I appreciate all of your patience while the team works on this!
  • thatsamorethatsamore Registered Users 4 Posts
    Thanks DashingMike! I've been having similar issues and as much as I would like to write to Customer Care with one of the messages above...I can't as I already have an open ticket with them regarding several VIP boosts that don't seem to work in specific venues. At least for me it seems like I cannot contact them regarding something new (like the above) until the prior ticket is cleared. Customer Care has also indicated this as a problem in the past. So as much as I'd love to do as you suggest above, I can't until my OLD problem from over a month and a half ago is fixed.