This new forum GUI

What are your feelings about it?

I can say that I really like the look of it BUT...

- I dislike that the email notifications for subscribed threads no longer show the responses in the email message. They just have an unnecessarily huge graphic and a Check It Out button link. It's very useful to see the post in the email notification -- even if it's only the first 200 characters or so of it!

- The interface keeps wanting to let me add a photo -- which is awesome -- but it happens whenever I tap to try place the cursor to edit or continue typing. It seems too sensitive. Maybe it's just because it's a new interface that'll take a bit of getting used to. I'd def rather have the option to add a photo than be without it so I'm willing to put time in on this...just thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else is also having this issue. 

- I never used to be able to rcv PMs -- maybe someone could send one to me now as a test of this new forum system? Thanks in advance!

- I haven't had this issue when replying to existing threads but this is the first one I've created in the new forum space. I'm noticing that, while my replies worked fine (via iPhone), it is treating this whole post as if it is a form (so is keeping auto-fill info at the ready) instead of serving me the far more useful predictive text suggestions. That might be a good bug fix for the list, if any devs are reading this post!

- I have a -feeling- that this new forum format can be linked to Tapatalk! That'd be fantastic! If so, any idea what the address/info to use for linking might be? 

- Finally, will this forum be frequented more, well, frequently by game CSRs/Techs to answer questions and address massive (non-individual) game issues? I don't think Dashing Mike has been around for a minute. It was helpful when there was a GLU presence here, if only just to give your loyal players a sense of confidence that someone was listening and passing problems/suggestions along to more powerful ears!  

SuFe2

- SuFe718

Comments

• SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited October 2017
    PS: Yikes! Speaking of Subscribing...I cannot seem to find where to subscribe to new threads now. My old subscription notifications are still functioning so, apparently, subscriptions haven't been disabled....

EDIT: Ok, I see that to subscribe, you tap the gear (odd choice, since that's also the icon to edit but whatever) but doing that no longer then serves up a choice of notification methods -- in-game, daily e-mail, immediate e-mail.  So I have no idea (yet) how notifications for subscriptions work. Do any of you guys know? If not, I've subscribed to this thread so if you reply to it with a comment post, I can report back. Also maybe try a Like, Agree/Disagree, LOL to test how those are notified? I'm just curious about how this new forum works. 

- SuFe718
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    Test
    edited October 2017
    Thank you, LadyinDenim!

Ok. I got an email that you had commented in this thread. Again, the email did not contain the text of your post, as it used to do (bummer). 

I didn't get any notification that you Agreed with the post but it does show up that the button has been hit. 

Also odd is is that I had set my notifications for Pop Up when people comment on my posts or in threads in which I've participated. As anyone who has been to the notification settings knows, you can choose Email, Pop Up (or both). I have some set for email, some for pop up, and some for both but I'm only getting emails (immediately not daily summaries, which is good since that's apparently a non-customizable default) for everything. Emails are a perfectly fine way to notify me, I just wonder why there's a choice if it's nonfunctional... ?

I'm on iPhone 6 (until Dec) with current iOS. Are other devices having a different/correct experience of the notification system?

- SuFe718
    I just saved my preferences.   I have Android.  Send me a reply!
    Let's see what happens!

- SuFe718
    My email told me you replied.  I clicked to see it and it brought me right here.  Pretty nifty.  Not sure what the pop up does. 
    It's weird, but I am replying from my Gmail window.   Quite handy.