Options

Are you wondering why friends aren't helping? Friends dropped you?

Hi all,
I have gotten some messages from friends and wanted everyone to know that because of issues with update many can't see group goals, and some friends lists have involuntarily changed! Mine lost twenty people and I am trying to find them all! I usually get at least 125 goals a week done, usually close to 175 most weeks, now I am stuck at six! If you were on my list please add me back! Sorry to the friends who thought I was upset with them! Thanks for understanding!

Comments

• Options
    Salmon rollSalmon roll Registered Users 106 Posts
    AmyYep wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I usually get at least 125 goals a week done,
    How do you get that many done?
  • Options
    SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    Same here. I can't see group goals. Customer care isn't helping. I dont want people to think I'm ignoring them either. I hope they fix the issue soon.
  • Options
    AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    Because I have no life outside of the game! Completely addicted to it!
  • Options
    brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    I frequently lose the same friend over and over again.

and a strange thing, my gf also plays, often beside me, she is of course on my friends list, but she is unable to see my group goal unless I ask for help. She has several goals she can choose from, but mine don't show. so strange

I do about 40-50 goals a week
  • Options
    Honeypie4321Honeypie4321 Registered Users 54 Posts
    AmyYep wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have gotten some messages from friends and wanted everyone to know that because of issues with update many can't see group goals, and some friends lists have involuntarily changed! Mine lost twenty people and I am trying to find them all! If you were on my list please add me back! Sorry to the friends who thought I was upset with them! Thanks for understanding!

Requested u!

• Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited October 2017
    I am maxed at 40 friends, I often cannot see many goals; some days are worse than others and I can only see 4-6 (as you describe, Amy). Other days, I can see 8 or 10 at a time but, overall, I typically see goals from the same few people over and over. I am not sure if they are just the most active or if those are the ones who the GLU interface is choosing to serve up to me.

As brew described, there are some people I can ONLY get goals from if they send messages asking for help. Yet there are other friends who sometimes show up on main goals page but other times their goals are indicated only by help messages. Honestly, the messages tab is not the first place that I look for new goals and I complete so many (when GLU's network allows it) each play session, several times a day, that those help messages often get lost. The goals are "No Longer Active" by the time I see them. Guess I'll just have to start treating the messages tab as a second goals board! 

There are are a few people on my list who, like me, generally complete over 100 goals per week (several, like AmyYep, who are closer to 200!) but never seem to create any and never complete mine. In fact, I just deleted someone who had been with me since the beginning and I felt awful about it because we always used to participate in each other's goals. I'm just realizing this may all be due to this recent GLU glitch!

The social hub is such a mess. It's fun but so very glitchy. Really don't know what to do about it....

If we cannot not see each other's goals, it seems better to find friends whose goals we CAN see, as long as it is a reciprocal relationship. Seeing goals isn't useful if friends don't participate. But losing long-time, good, active friends to this game issue is kind of tragic. Because there's always a whisper of a chance one day it'll work the way it should work and those proven relationships could continue. 

I wish they would resolve it (pml). But I have a feeling that's not gonna happen. Sadly, GLU does not seem interested in fixing any of the myriad issues with the social hub (or other places -- although, interestingly, they managed to plug the one player-beneficial hole in the system that brew had discovered).

Dont even get me started on the OT fact that 200 of my supplies were consumed during the recent Free Play event. That's a LOT of time for their network to be unresponsive, imho. I have a screenshot of the graphic where the grocery bags on episode page display the circle/line for Free Supplies but the button says "Play 10 Supplies". They really have to get it together! I love this game but I'm starting to hate it too! I love playing it but every time I launch it I grumpily wonder what will go wrong THIS time (and something nearly always does go wrong). It has always has had hiccups but never used to be riddled with SO many problems. 

-SuFe

- SuFe718
  • Options
    PS: Lol, Amy, I was wondering where you'd gone. You dropped off my friend's list so soon. Now I have an explanation! I'm sorry I can't add you back now but if I make any more changes, I'll send you an invite. 

- SuFe718
  • Options
    gordonnygordonny Registered Users 28 Posts
    edited October 2017
    Hi AmyYep, I am "gordonny" but my in-game name changed to "Gordon Yuen" (do not know what happen to this), I resend you the request. Thanks.

But I still cannot create or join group goals after the new Mexican Venue update, I am still waiting for the bug fixed...
    :(
    gordonny
  • Options
    Gordonny, I read your post somewhere (it doesn't seem to be in this thread) that you couldn't see my group goals anymore. Don't worry, I won't delete you!

To everyone else: What's your experience of the update? Did it resolve your social hub/GG problems?

The update did allow me to see more GGs the day it was released (when I was only seeing 3, including Gordon's) but they were from the same core bunch of 6-7 that I can always see. Which is great; at least I have a selection of GGs to join and people who will participate in mine, but the other people are still invisible to me. They used to make goals/complete mine but haven't for months, despite still completing 100+ goals according to their stat cards. And oddly, when friends send me help requests, those goals often don't show up on the main goals page BUT some friends goals (they seem to be my French friends; I'm in the USA) almost never appear on the main goals page and I only learn about them if I receive a message requesting help! Furthermore, the GG banners aren't immediately loading onto the main map screen, they require going back into the social hub and tapping to get the active goal to appear so that compliance will be acknowledged (sometimes going back into hub more than one time). 

It's all a big SNAFU and the update has not fixed the ongoing problems, it only seems to have fixed the invisibility problem of that first day! 

- SuFe718
  • Options
    LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    Same, same, same.  Android player in US.
  • Options
    gordonnygordonny Registered Users 28 Posts
    Hi SuFe2, I can see your goals, I can see everyone goals but I just cannot join and also I cannot create...
    The red icon "check connection" pops up no matter how many times I click on the goals.
    Well....now I can only play with Gordon Ramsey's goals which is not fun at all :# .
    So disappointed that I can't play the GG or there are lots of bugs right after the 2 venues (Blue Nile and Mexico) launch!
    gordonny
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Oh, that's interesting that you can SEE my goals because I feel like many goals are invisible to me. I know some definitely are (as I wrote above, I only become aware of them when I rcv a Help message). 

I, too, get that frustrating Check Connection alert -- frequently hour after hour, sometimes for days on end! -- and I KNOW my network and device specs both exceed their recommendations. It detracts from the enjoyment of the game by preventing access to one of the important features of the game, the social hub, and by making dueling risky ss well (because ridiculous errors and lags occur during duels when the GLU network connection is unstable). 

So, I COMPLETELY sympathize with your experience, Gordonny! I've been playing less bc of these problems and I see that a disconcerting number of my normally daily-playing (if not multiple times per day) friends have been logging in every other or every third day! Clearly these problems are really taking a toll on people's patience and reducing their gameplay. It's unfortunate. 

- SuFe718
  • Options
    JellybeenzJellybeenz Registered Users 13 Posts
    So frustrating! I can only see Gordon's goal, and when I have completed that - nada! I have looooong given up on being able to see any of my friends goals, but at least I used to be able to see non-friends, and complete them.